Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'd think so too, but I didn't especially expect Phantasy Star Zero to come out in the first place - and I don't think any of us saw PSO2 coming in a serious, plausible way.

In light of that, I find PSZ2 possible in the next few years, after Phantasy Star Nova does its thing.
    Actually. To tell the truth. When it came to Phantasy Star Online games, it was still expected. And why? Because we pretty much got all the Phantasy Star Online playable releases, in the west, all the way up until Phantasy Star Portable 2. It was only after that when SEGA decided to kind of give up on Western releases. Infinity broke the combo, and it remained broken ever since.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Oh, I meant that I didn't expect PSZ to be created in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Actually. To tell the truth. When it came to Phantasy Star Online games, it was still expected. And why? Because we pretty much got all the Phantasy Star Online playable releases, in the west, all the way up until Phantasy Star Portable 2. It was only after that when SEGA decided to kind of give up on Western releases. Infinity broke the combo, and it remained broken ever since.
    Have anyone tried Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? It's sort of like PSP 2.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

Sort of, but not really. The Ragnarok Odyssey games aren't bad. But they really seem a lot more simpler than PSP2. Compared to a typical character in PSP2, they have very little skills or abilities, or as dynamic-level of gameplay as PSP2.

It sort of has a mission structure kind of like Monster Hunter, but it boils down to a simpler dungeon hacker that still sticks pretty much to a fantasy realm more than science-fiction.

Not to say it's bad, a more regular paced dungeon hacker "online" and on a console, these days, is rather slim pickings. Even with this update, it kind of feels like this game would not be received so well if it really had much competition at all. It certainly doesn't replace something like PSP2, but it's there, online playable, and has that 3rd-person view. For any game, that fits that bill, that plays more like a traditional dungeon hacker, and not like Monster hunter, it's one of the only ones.

It's more worth it on the portable scene than the console scene, for what I feel. It's mostly because a dungeon hacker, on console, that would easily usurp this game would be Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls on PS4, or the already released console version of Diablo 3 on 360 and PS3. The dynamic aspects of gameplay and varying builds there offer a lot more longevity, IMHO. Not to mention the combat itself.

But on portable. It's kind of feels like the game that's left, when PSP2 went away. It doesn't quite approach its combat system, even with the aerial combat, but it at least has a lot of missions to go through and you can play with friends.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Apr 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I'd be upset if Brawl was actually playable online. Very restricted and laggy. Hopefully it's done better next time around.