Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If they made a PSZ2 it would most likely be on the 3DS (for continuity's sake?), and it would most likely be Japan only (>international players getting new PS games)

You know what that means.

Would be funny if it was made by Atlus. For all we know, it could be on the back burner of things that they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    In light of that, I find PSZ2 possible in the next few years, after Phantasy Star Nova does its thing.
    I don't think Sega is going give up on PSO2 side projects so easily. PSO2 is still relatively new, popular (I guess? I don't check much that would tell me otherwise), and making Sega money so I don't see them focusing on an old game that didn't sell very well. Maybe Sega will go back and revitalize older branches of the series after people get tired of playing Random Dress Up Doll Online but until then, I can't see them focus on anything else.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Oh yeah wasn't half the reason they made PSZ was because so many people were butthurt about PSU's existence because it wasn't PSO enough?

But here they already have a million lolicons splashing water damaged cash all over the dressup features...

Maybe we'll get a real PSO2Portable2Infinity 6 years from now though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think Sega is going give up on PSO2 side projects so easily. PSO2 is still relatively new, popular (I guess? I don't check much that would tell me otherwise), and making Sega money so I don't see them focusing on an old game that didn't sell very well. Maybe Sega will go back and revitalize older branches of the series after people get tired of playing Random Dress Up Doll Online but until then, I can't see them focus on anything else.
    I don't necessarily think Nova will flop or anything (I'm really hoping it doesn't since PSO games designed to be fun offline are what I evidently fell in love with, not the online ones, plus its success may feed some positive changes back into PSO2 itself), but it is something they have that would be easier to create a sequel for than make a whole new game for.

...Maybe. It depends on if they think it's salvageable. I forget it didn't sell well since I and a bunch of my friends were so stoked about it.

I guess I've just noticed this little pattern where they like to do side-games every so often, even with their main game chugging along - possibly just to maintain a visible presence on a platform. Much like car sales, even selling something for 0 net profit and breaking even is still a net benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Would be funny if it was made by Atlus. For all we know, it could be on the back burner of things that they could do.
    Atlus does good work, so please don't get my hopes up.
    Coming Soon!

Sega has made it pretty clear they don't want to interfere too much with Atlus. So basically, if Atlus got involved in a new Phantasy Star game, it would probably mean that Sega has started becoming more involved in their day-to-day. That... could be good or bad? I'm not sure, but Atlus seems to be doing things right and I'm worried of shaking anything up.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I had my golden days with Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, PSZ, and a few others. Great times, but I can't say I'm going to horribly miss them. There was never much cheat protection which always irked me as well as the system being a little dated (still hate friend codes).

R.I.P.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Is there a good Tetris w/ active online for 3DS?

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I imagine that we'd already have a Zero sequel by now if there was going to be one.
    While you're probably right, I pray to god that you are dead wrong.

Zero may have been a financial flop, but I've not felt happier playing a Phantasy Star game since the original PSO.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.