Thread: PSO on Twitch

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Default PSO on Twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/above_perfection

The above user is playing four player couch co-op PSO on his twitch channel. I used to do this at work. Then after work, the guys would come over to play some more. Honestly, I play too much Madden, I miss PSO.

http://www.twitch.tv/violetskyewa

There is VioletSkye's twitch channel added. If anyone else wants to throw their channel up for PSO streams, just post to the thread and I will add you to this post at the start of the thread.
    Last edited by kevlar_pso; Apr 6, 2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Added another channel

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

That's cool. I dont watch twitch much, but I'd totally be down for watchin some pso
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post
    That's cool. I dont watch twitch much, but I'd totally be down for watchin some pso
    I just watched him play four player split screen from F1 up to M1. That was all the time they had to play today I guess. You can click the link and subscribe to his streams so you can receive notifications on when his PSO stream goes up.

I just watched one of the recorded sessions and holy shit I didn't know this game dropped frames so hard when playing four player. Looks almost unplayable.

Hopefully it's ok to post in this thread (I know it's a month old.) Anyway, if there is any interest in it and if others will help support it, it might be nice to have a dedicated PSO stream thread with a list of channels people can check out.

I don't play a huge amount these days but I still load up a game of PSO from time to time and I'd be happy to stream it if there is any interest. I can stream both PSO+ for Gamecube and PSOBB. Usually I stream retro games like older NES, SNES, Intellivision, Atari, 3DO, MAME and even older DOS and PC games on my channel but I'd be happy to throw PSO into the mix. Anyway, if others are interested in streaming and posting their channels here also I think older players would enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia and newer players might benefit from watching experienced players. Plus it would give people a chance to show off their mad skills (which I severely lack btw lol.) I did a test run of PSO+ today and it seems to stream just fine. Anyway, just a thought

My channel is here: http://www.twitch.tv/violetskyewa

Yeah, i kinda suck so don't make fun of me
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 5, 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Interesting! I may have to watch that some Keep us posted on some of your memorable moments.

And don't worry about posting a tad late here. I'm a bit more lenient on the time allotment for threads in PSO Gen since there isn't as much activity.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    Hopefully it's ok to post in this thread (I know it's a month old.) Anyway, if there is any interest in it and if others will help support it, it might be nice to have a dedicated PSO stream thread with a list of channels people can check out.

I don't play a huge amount these days but I still load up a game of PSO from time to time and I'd be happy to stream it if there is any interest. I can stream both PSO+ for Gamecube and PSOBB. Usually I stream retro games like older NES, SNES, Intellivision, Atari, 3DO, MAME and even older DOS and PC games on my channel but I'd be happy to throw PSO into the mix. Anyway, if others are interested in streaming and posting their channels here also I think older players would enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia and newer players might benefit from watching experienced players. Plus it would give people a chance to show off their mad skills (which I severely lack btw lol.) I did a test run of PSO+ today and it seems to stream just fine. Anyway, just a thought

My channel is here: http://www.twitch.tv/violetskyewa

Yeah, i kinda suck so don't make fun of me
    I added you to the initial post VioletSkye. I do have a request though. In addition to PSO, would you have any X-Wing or Tie Fighter available to stream?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    Interesting! I may have to watch that some Keep us posted on some of your memorable moments.

And don't worry about posting a tad late here. I'm a bit more lenient on the time allotment for threads in PSO Gen since there isn't as much activity.
    Sounds good!! Thanks AlexCraig

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar_pso View Post
    I added you to the initial post VioletSkye. I do have a request though. In addition to PSO, would you have any X-Wing or Tie Fighter available to stream?
    I have them both. I just got TIE Fighter (the original DOS version) installed and running:

Now I need to figure out how to play the game lol. I found some flight instructions and I'll practice up a bit and maybe do a stream of that next weekend. I was just floating around in space trying to figure out where to go and how to get there

BTW, got X-Wing installed and running also. Like TIE Fighter, I need to figure out what to do since it's basically a flight sim and not an easy to jump into arcade style game lol.

Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Do you not have the manuals for either Star Wars game? I found the manual through a quick google search. I am going to have to boot this up and play it tomorrow on my laptop. I was not aware that these games were considered abandonware.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar_pso View Post
    Do you not have the manuals for either Star Wars game? I found the manual through a quick google search. I am going to have to boot this up and play it tomorrow on my laptop. I was not aware that these games were considered abandonware.
    Yep, have both manuals thankfully When I mentioned I needed to find out how to play the game, I essentially meant I needed to RTFM as they say lol. Interesting games for sure, though I was never personally that found of flight sims. I had one for my Amiga 500 back in the day (F/A 18 Interceptor) and I never did get the hang of it

Also, my son mentioned wanting to start a new character on PSOBB tonight so I'll stream that for anyone interested in watching, just bear in mind my kids are not pro PSO players, nor am I lol.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM.