Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default anyone here that loved solo play on this game

people seem to find it weird to play this game solo yet nobody had problems with people playing diablo 2 offline i just want to see if anyone else enjoyed playing this solo

I played strictly offline for quite awhile on the gamecube before purchasing a broadband adaptor to get online. Even now when I play psobb, i run my own server and either play alone or with my kids

I played PSO on GC mostly offline, as I only had a 56k modem and we ditched dial-up awhile after getting it. I got to the upper 180's playing 90% offline and with friends in split screen. I can't go back and do it now, though. The gameplay is just way too slow to start over.

Most of my PSO experience is soloing offline. Even when I got into PSOBB before my PC died, I was soloing because the server I played on had a low population.

I only ever played Offline on GC though I did have the person who introduced me to the game and then a few friends who I got into the game after that who played couch co-op with me until I sold my GC along with the memory card that had my Lvl 126 HUmar on it.

I barely played Online actually, I discovered PSOBB (on a private server) well after even PSU released and didn't have anyone to play that with so I kinda just stopped that relatively quickly.

I mostly ever played Solo. I couldn't always play online, and I never owned the GameCube version, so I never could play local multiplayer. I didn't play with others until Blue Burst, but it was a lot more fun once I did.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Lvl 200 here by playing offline.

This game is so old and didn't have the best balancing when it came to party play (specifically the loot system) so playing solo wasn't bad at all. I still prefer party play because I like to play with friends, but solo play is okay also
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

I liked playing solo-mode when you could play the multi-mode quests in solo-mode. All of the story-mode quests and free maps are pretty boring though. A "Popular" server finally (after saying they would for what, 5+ years?) removed all the multi-mode quests from solo-mode, so it's really boring now. Soloing multi-mode can be fun too if it's a quest that's actually possible, which quite a few aren't because you need more than one person to stand on switches.

Wait, they removed multiplayer quests from solo mode and removed quest rewards?