Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gu/Ra + Dewman = Glass Cannon

An in-game friend of mine used the analogy of Glass Cannon (too powerful and fragile) to describe the combination mentioned above. All my characters happen to be Dewmans, and I have one dedicated to ranged classes (Ra and Gu). I was kinda wondering I should give up on Gu/Ra on my dewman, since I have indeed experienced the glass cannon effect. I just can't imagine how difficult must get to survive on higher difficulties.
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

At least 50% of your survivability comes from your gear and affixes, not your class combo. Just as an analogy, I had a team member who runs all PP-crafted units at Ex3 and no HP whatsoever on units, and then they complain their class combo is squishy.

Bottom line is, no one's going to knock on you for affixing Alter Tiro. 20 ATK is still 20 ATK, even if it comes with some HP. If you're poor you can get away with Stamina III instead. You can craft your units to Ex8 for 300 Def, craft some of your units for 100 HP, and drink Guts Drink EX for quests that you know are killer. If Firesword can hit 2700 HP I don't see why a Gu/Ra won't be able to hit 1000 HP which should be plenty survivable.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    An in-game friend of mine used the analogy of Glass Cannon (too powerful and fragile) to describe the combination mentioned above. All my characters happen to be Dewmans, and I have one dedicated to ranged classes (Ra and Gu). I was kinda wondering I should give up on Gu/Ra on my dewman, since I have indeed experienced the glass cannon effect. I just can't imagine how difficult must get to survive on higher difficulties.
    as male GuRa Deuman .....

I barely hit 1k HP (1018 HP o be precise), with ..... Bayari Souls (+20 HP, I believe) without Stamina on both weapon and units affixes.

I also craft my units to ExLv10, and with special HP crafts too (+100HP each).

That setup should be enough for taking some hits
    Hmm ..... based on my recordings, a rolling attack from LQ Garongo (Dunno if it's UQ Garongo or just Garongo, on UQ Malmoth spawn) dealt 309 damage, that's without Deband / Deband Cut / Deband Toughness.

Though I personally think I'd still need DebandCut / DebandToughness to add survivalbility on XH o-o
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

My friend Shynett has a simple non-crafted Fahren Tray Set with only 4 Affixes (she missed the previous Dudu nerf and doesn't want to try a fifth Affix now because 90%=0% with Dudu Sama) : ShootIII/Stamina III/SpiritaIII/Leopard-Soul. As a GUnner/RAnger 75/55, this gives her 1000+ HP (without neither her weapon nor any Skill of her Trees) and 1400-1500 DEF. I don't understand your issue, ChaosAngel92. It's really doable.

If you're a Gu/Ra shouldnt you be normally out of range of things anyway? plus if you bring people or npcs with you you should stay safe a lot right?

Quote Originally Posted by cragner2 View Post
    If you're a Gu/Ra shouldnt you be normally out of range of things anyway? plus if you bring people or npcs with you you should stay safe a lot right?
    Gu is practically a melee character

I have two Dumans. One has 75 in most melee and tech classes.
    The other has 75 in most melee classes.
    I also have a Numan and a Human with all 75s.
    Haven't really noticed much difference between races at max level.
    As long as you play well, have good gear and a good skill setup, you should be fine.
    Regardless of class, you generally want to avoid getting hit at all, if you can.

I set up a friend's mid-50s female melee Numan recently.
    Female Numan has the lowest HP, if I recall correctly.
    Got her the Zig melee unit set, slapped Bayari Soul, Power 3, Stamina 3 and Spirita 3 on 'em.
    Took about ~200k to grind each unit set. About 2-3m total for the fodder + affixing at current prices.
    I didn't go for 100% on every affix, so one of the 96%s failed.
    IIRC, roughly ~1900 SATK with 12? star Knuckles, nearly 1000 HP, ~120 PP, ~1500 SDEF, ~1300 RDEF, ~1300 TDEF.

Took her for a spin on SH Naberius 2.
    Was able to withstand around 4-5 hard hits, I think?
    Cleared in ~9 minutes with Il Foie friend partners. No problem.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 31, 2015 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Gu is practically a melee character
    Is rolling useless??? o_O

Yes.
    Well not truly useless, but not good either. TMGs are in a pretyt bad spot because you can never get past midrange or they won't even hit and ideally you have to be in melee range for the big ZRA damage boost.
    The problem is in melee range the only really good dodge is step because it's fast and doesn't have many useless frames.
    Roll on the other only has a few invicibility frames early on and the rest is just giving everyone ample opportunity to hit you.
    And mirage step is great, but not for melee because it's too slow (albeit having a ton of i-frames makes it very good when you don't need to use it as often as in melee range).

And while ra and of can be out fo range of attacks, don't forget enemy long rangers and definitely don't forget that environment and spawn locations prevent you from being out of enemy range all that often.
    people talk boldly of oneshotting everything but those are empty claims.
    This isn't SH anymore and even in SH you can't truly oneshot every mob, let alone boss.

side stylish-roll removes the need for rolls and allows you to regain PP by shooting while doing it