Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

My Shunka does like 80k per hit on WB'd Falz Arms at lv55/65 Br/Hu it's kind of ridiculous, and that's just with R-Atk gear.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Far from it. My braver is 58/44 with a once unlocked Lambda Kalicizma and poorly affixed units. She roflstomps everything on SH and has been unstoppable since level 5 when I picked up shunka and hatou. if you think you need to be lvl 65/65 to hit like a truck, you're doing it wrong.
    Oh well that's Br. Same thing for me, wreck everything with it. I'm talking every other class, seems like it has to be maxed 65/65 to almost be able to one shot everything.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

That still doesn't mean Slide End isn't stronger than anything else unless you have a Geki.
    PSO2 Trivia:

I'm glad to see more information about the PAs in this guide. I don't agree with all of the ratings though:
    • Personally, I feel like Rising Edge (at level 16) does good DPS charged (compared to other Hunter PAs), and it does charge very quickly with sword gear. It can be used to hit high weak points - for example, it can hit Dark Ragne's weak point without having to knock him down first, and it's also good for breaking Zeshrayda's shell turrets and then hitting the exposed weak points. I would move this up to the "Good Sword PAs" list, or at least an in-between list.
    • Stun Concide's description says "Very weak, but can stun small enemies. Won't work on anything you would actually want to stun". I disagree. It works on Gwanahda, which I wouldn't categorise as a small enemy, and you may actually want to stun Gwanahda to save somebody that's been grabbed by its attack. This applies to Quake Howling too. They're still not amazing PAs, but I feel they have a (small) use.

I would like to see the technics ranked in a similar way though, rather than only having descriptions of them all. I also feel like maybe some of those descriptions are a bit out of date? Rafoie is described as "THE all purpose tech", but does anybody really use Rafoie anymore? I certainly don't see it being used much nowadays. Sazan is the most commonly used technic from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Rayden; Mar 23, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I'm glad to see more information about the PAs in this guide. I don't agree with all of the ratings though:
    • Personally, I feel like Rising Edge (at level 16) does good DPS charged (compared to other Hunter PAs), and it does charge very quickly with sword gear. It can be used to hit high weak points - for example, it can hit Dark Ragne's weak point without having to knock him down first, too. I would move this up to the "Good Sword PAs" list, or at least an in-between list.
    • Stun Concide's description says "Very weak, but can stun small enemies. Won't work on anything you would actually want to stun". I disagree. It works on Gwanahda, which I wouldn't categorise as a small enemy, and you may actually want to stun Gwanahda to save somebody that's been grabbed by its attack. This applies to Quake Howling too.

I would like to see the technics ranked in a similar way though, rather than only having descriptions of them all. I also feel like maybe some of those descriptions are a bit out of date? Rafoie is described as "THE all purpose tech", but does anybody really use Rafoie anymore? I certainly don't see it being used much nowadays. Sazan is the most commonly used technic.
    Things are still being updated.

Regardless stunning gwana is silly. if you get caught it's because you were too close and not using something with super armor. If someone is caught, it's better to just take out the bits to save them rather than gearing specifically for people screwing up. the fact that the only use you have for it is doing (almost) no damage to cover for someone's mistakes vs a single miniboss who dies in 10-20 seconds to DPS is testimony to its uselessness.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 23, 2014 at 04:08 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I never really used Rising Edge since you absolutely need full Sword Gear to make it worth charging/using. Good to know, though. Could probably separate PAs into DPS, utility, and outclassed.

Gwana is a miniboss, but I think it's the only one you can Stun, and only if someone is being eaten. Usually I just burst his face or tentacles and it either gets stunned anyway or dies.

As for techs, I'm going to rewrite them and mention the recipes too.
    PSO2 Trivia:

''Good Twin Dagger PAs:

Facet Folia
    AoE - Great damage to nearby targets in all directions while invulnerable. Note that the first hit must connect for the rest to follow.
    ''

i wouldn't say FF is good from my experience, maybe I'm missing something idk

AoE ? yeaa no, about as much as DA on the sides(and basically no reach at all front/back ) and as much as BS vertically.

great damage ? about the same as BS (slightly more) but for a slowish single target PA, no.

it's got i-frames but it's a grapple so it's not even any good against bosses

i can't see a single time i would ever want to use it

edit: and 32pp too
    Last edited by Remz69; Mar 23, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    hi

The more I use it the more it feels like a worse Bloody Sarabande.

But I'm pretty sure it works on bosses since it's not a real grapple.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Quote Originally Posted by Remz69 View Post
    ''Good Twin Dagger PAs:

Facet Folia
    AoE - Great damage to nearby targets in all directions while invulnerable. Note that the first hit must connect for the rest to follow.
    ''

i wouldn't say FF is good from my experience, maybe I'm missing something idk

AoE ? yeaa no, about as much as DA on the sides(and basically no reach at all front/back ) and as much as BS vertically.

great damage ? about the same as BS (slightly more) but for a slowish single target PA, no.

it's got i-frames but it's a grapple so it's not even any good against bosses

i can't see a single time i would ever want to use it

edit: and 32pp too
    Not a real grapple. First hit has to connect but it activates even without a grab just like heavenly fall.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Not a real grapple. First hit has to connect but it activates even without a grab just like heavenly fall.
    yeah, i know it 'works' against bosses, i've tested it
    i haven't thought about testing to see if it actually grabbed smaller enemies and not just stun locked them though, good point

my point was:
    the only good thing about this PA is: the i-frames
    however (and this is where my wording was bad) you won't move after the initial 'grab' but a boss can

meaning that if you use it to attack through a boss' attack, given the pitiful reach of the PA, you'll most likely miss every single hit
    the boss has to be stationary for you to be able to land this PA, but if the boss is stationary why would you want i-frames in the first place

effectively making this PA useless against bosses, as well as useless against mobs (i exaggerated when i said it had DA's reach on the sides, but it's not that far from it ..)
    Last edited by Remz69; Mar 23, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
    hi