Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

I've been told facet follia was quite good. It may not seem as practical if it's just the boss but if you're dealing with a lot of pesky adds it can let you focus on the boss while taking down the ones in your immediate vicinity.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I see it used more as a way to dodge boss attacks or be really lazy, like an infinite combat escape.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Is it true that number of hits is the only thing that changes the damage of Combat Escape, and how close you release it to the time it's about to expire doesn't matter?
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quick bit of advice needed. I recently got エリュシオーヌ from Elder and I'm reworking my HU/FI's skill tree. It's still going to be a while before he can equip it (had to rebuild my Mag) but I'd like to make sure he gets the best tree possible for it.

So, my reworked tree is as follows:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

Some notes:
    • Since エリュシオーヌ is FI equippable, I plan to change to FI/HU to get access to more FI weapons. Yay /Nay?
    • Is it a good idea to sacrifice points from the Fury tree for maxing Never Give Up? Or just one point in it and push back the rest to JA Bonus 1?
    • I am tempted to try for Deadline/Halfline Slayer, but from what I can see, I have to abandon Brave Stance just to max those and they only add a static S-Atk Bonus. Am I correct to say that it isn't worth it?

Wouldn't hurt to have a wire lance too. Falclaws are cheap if you're premium.

I'm slowly becoming a fan of PP slayer. Yeah, it's a static gain over a percent based one, but it works on bosses which chase skills won't.

Never give up's main value after 1 point is the invul. the damage increase afterwards is maybe 4%. 3 points would at least let you pop a mate, 5 will let you walk through fire for a moment. At the same time taking out ~10% of constant boosts for ~15% heavily conditional seems like bad planning and is something I can't get behind. You're basically hoping to take lethal damage on the regular and pop at least a mono every time this happens or the skill will never be used. Meanwhile you could have been doing 10% extra damage the whole time. Worst of this is the skill even with a +40 sword still isn't a 100% proc rate. if it fails your DPS drops to 0.

Dead/halfline slayer isn't worth it.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Wouldn't hurt to have a wire lance too. Falclaws are cheap if you're premium.

I'm slowly becoming a fan of PP slayer. Yeah, it's a static gain over a percent based one, but it works on bosses which chase skills won't.

Never give up's main value after 1 point is the invul. the damage increase afterwards is maybe 4%. 3 points would at least let you pop a mate, 5 will let you walk through fire for a moment. At the same time taking out ~10% of constant boosts for ~15% heavily conditional seems like bad planning and is something I can't get behind. You're basically hoping to take lethal damage on the regular and pop at least a mono every time this happens or the skill will never be used. Meanwhile you could have been doing 10% extra damage the whole time. Worst of this is the skill even with a +40 sword still isn't a 100% proc rate. if it fails your DPS drops to 0.

Dead/halfline slayer isn't worth it.
    No premium yet for this character, but should be getting it soon. I only have an Elysion in stock currently, so I'll have to hunt for more passes in SHAQs. Only thing about Fal Claw is that I'd have to put in 1 point to WL Gear if I want to use it, and it doesn't fit the character look I'll be going for.

What about limiting Never Give Up to 3 points and putting back the points to JA Boost 1? I've never been the best at timing JGs and dodges with Hunter, so that 3s might well be the deciding factor between defeat and escape. I'm also taking a look at swapping out Chase Advance for PP Slayer:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

Also, noted on Deadline/Halfline. I figured as much.

thing is other spin is a fantastic mobbing tool. it gathers enemies close together and stuns them so that your bigger AoE attacks are much more devastating to a group. You don't really need the gear if you're not going to use it too heavily. If falclaw doesn't suit your tastes, the new 10* belk welker upgrade will be usable by fighters.

I still don't like the idea of hoping for a skill to proc on death with the numbers so close. It's just too backwards. better to practice dodging and keep your sustained dps.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Is it true that number of hits is the only thing that changes the damage of Combat Escape, and how close you release it to the time it's about to expire doesn't matter?
    I'm assuming you mean Katana Finish, and yes, up to 30 hits increase the multiplier on the damage. When you release doesn't matter only number of hits. It can also be JA'd.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    thing is other spin is a fantastic mobbing tool. it gathers enemies close together and stuns them so that your bigger AoE attacks are much more devastating to a group. You don't really need the gear if you're not going to use it too heavily. If falclaw doesn't suit your tastes, the new 10* belk welker upgrade will be usable by fighters.

I still don't like the idea of hoping for a skill to proc on death with the numbers so close. It's just too backwards. better to practice dodging and keep your sustained dps.
    Ok, I'll keep Other Spin as a strong consideration then. Might wait for whatever other new 11*s appear in the next set of SHAQs aside from the Belk Welker upgrade before deciding on the WL to use.

I still have 6 skill tree resets, so I figured it's a waste to have the sword, but not to use it to full potential really. If it doesn't work out, I can always just reset one more time to something more conventional.

Some things to note about Facet Folia though is that it builds gear unlike Bloody Sarabande. Also if the target you are hitting moves during the attack, the final hit of the PA teleports you to their current location allowing you to continue attacking it without losing your gear or using a PA to reposition. After the first hit of Facet Folia, if you hit something like a Ga/Gu Wonda shield, the PA will still continue regardless. Facet Folia is also always cancelable into spin at any time, while Bloody Sarabande is only cancelable at any time when done in the air. If you do Bloody Sarabande on the ground, it is only cancelable into spin just before the final slash.
    Last edited by KrimzoneReaver; Mar 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM.