Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Key Points for Victory:
    - Walls must not break. All enemies should be immediately tagged (and killed) to prevent them from attacking the walls.
    - Bosses must be killed or incapacitated immediately. Tag with War Cry or big damage on spawn for best results (thx Unlucky, adios, and everyone else who uses War Cry).
    - Mantises must not teleport, and if they do, they need to be killed immediately.
    - Infections must be destroyed ASAP.
    - If Biblas manages to get a bomb out, either kill him quickly, have someone waiting at green, or immediately use the side teleporters to get to green and destroy it.
    Additionally: Pay attention to what other people are doing.

Don't jump back to handle infections, when 5 other people already are. If you're one of the first, then you're probably fine. Hopefully other people won't follow you.

If you see everyone run to the left side of the map, while it's still expected for stuff to spawn on the right after those die, be the one guy who stays on the right and spawn kills everything there while everyone else is running back to that side (which would usually allow mobs to get some hits on the wall).
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Spoiler!
    ...Wat?

....WAT?

I just....what?

...Yay bow I guess?
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

less bitchin' about pubs, more actual strategy discussion plz

Some thoughts for people aiming for 4 runs in a private MPA:

- If you're on pace for 4 runs, you will simply not reach 2000 points before the end of quest, so don't bother picking up crystals. Don't let them distract you.

- One party takes care of each side. The third party takes care of spawns in the center (early waves) and bosses. Once the bosses are dead the center party can retreat and take care of infections.

- Zesh dies on the spot from Hatou to the shin and Shunka to the core. Wolgas die to Shunka to the face. Ragne can be stopped, but it may be better to let him jump since he always lands in the same place, you can prepare for it and take him out together with the mobs. The center party should be able to handle these bosses by themselves, while the outer parties take care of mobs.

- Biblas can be killed on the spot the same way as in TD1 (Hatou to the leg, Hatou to the abdomen), but unlike TD1 where you can gather everyone to kill Biblas and get back to the towers in time for the mobs, you'll need to have about two people on either side to take care of the spawns. Even with only eight people you should still be able to kill Biblas in one down, if you have enough Bravers.

- Memorizing spawns is the key to faster times. There's no way about this one, in TD1 you could still get 4 runs spawn camping even if you didn't have every single pattern memorized. Even though TD2 is simpler, you are more pressed for time so there's no leeway for mistakes. You need to be there when the mobs spawn and pull aggro instantly with Kanran. If you ever need to use War Cry, that means you (or someone else on your side) fucked up.

- We've tried Br11Ra1 and Br9Fo2Ra1, both were about the same. Force is there to pull aggro instantly from spawns with Gi Foie, rather than Zondeel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    - We've tried Br11Ra1 and Br9Fo2Ra1, both were about the same. Force is there to pull aggro instantly from spawns with Gi Foie, rather than Zondeel.
    FO op.

Something you might want to add somewhere, the PA Chaos Riser will be good to use to keep mobs away from the wall if you use Double Sabers. Theoretically. I think it works like that zonde move.

I've been seeing some people say that.
    I haven't even checked what Chaos Riser does.
    I never use my fighters anymore.

I'll add it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

I'll add it anyway.
    It damages and brings enemies to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

I'll add it anyway.
    I'm told it does several things

1. It gives you a zondeel-like suction effect
    2. It deals damage
    3. It gets bigger with more gear, consuming each full bar you have just like normal doublesaber gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    It damages and brings enemies to you.
    Thought it was common knowledge for people who frequent these forums by now.

I mean at least 90% of people who are here go to bumped and must'ave seen, and discussed what it can do from the trailer weeks ago.