Default What the Connecticut??

Hmm. Well, I just recently moved to NYC 2 weeks ago and it's been hard adjusting when you come from Bridgeport, CT. Honestly living here in NYC has brought to my attention a lot of social anxiety that I have. I don't look at people, I avoid it all costs, I think everyone is judging me in some way when walking down the street, I think cars are honking at me, I fear my life on the streets because in CT people have no consideration and pull up past the pedestrian cross walk....

But then..... I see shit like this coming out of CT the past few days, this is not counting what I see on FB from DoingItLocal.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...es-5350304.php

http://connecticut.news12.com/news/j...rary-1.7510683

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...252079291.html

I know each place has its negative points.... I'm not saying people or NYC is perfect. But I have to say.... People are significantly more polite and don't look at me like I'm some foreign alien from another planet or call me a stupid white bitch. Not yet at least.

Bridgeport honestly people don't say thank you or have a nice day or excuse me. Brooklyn, in the subways EVERYONE that passed in front of me said excuse me, I'm sorry, pardon me..... Bridgeport? Person lets the door close right in my face. Brooklyn? They held the door for me to get in.... Employees in NYC that I've encountered so far were relatively polite. They tell you have a nice day, thank you, do you need help? Even at the tiny stores.

I do however know that they said something about taking the horses out of Central Park but if they do they'll be sent to slaughter houses. Which is also fucked up.

I don't go near horses cos I know they're intuitive animals. I'm always at high anxiety levels. So I just stay away from them because I know they will feel that energy from me and react accordingly.

I'm glad that I left Bridgeport, CT.... And I don't think I have any intention of looking back. Maybe to visit.... If you look up Bridgeport connecticut on YouTube you will find the most fucking ghetto ass videos alive. The kids there act like zoo animals or like people trying to survive the apocalypse. Honestly, they create their own apocalypse and they think that's just how life is supposed to be or should be lived. The kids growing up with me looked down on me for being some type of smart, reading books, and being albino only added to their negative views of me. Light skin? Must be a monster. I got bullied to no end even now being 24 I get called ugly stupid white bitch by kids in Bridgeport. Even teenagers and adults, "Why the fuck are you so white?"

Also in Bpt most people thought because I was a stupid white bitch, they thought I was naive and would fall for their BS. I've been overcharged for just the color of my skin.

I don't mean to sound racist but it's funny how black people fought so hard for their rights and equality but now when they are the majority they feel they have to do the same to people of lighter skin than them because they are the minority. But then when I start speaking rapid fire Spanish and tell them I'm actually Puerto Rican.... They shut up real quick.

Thanks to my experience with this though, I've grown up to look past people's looks and color of skin. I don't even look at people as male or female too much anymore. Unless they have big boobies. O.O; But just cos someone may be black doesn't mean they have to be ghetto or ratchet, just cos you're hispanic doesn't mean you know Spanish, just cos you're from Afghan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, whatever doesn't make you an extremist, just cos you're jehovah's witness doesn't mean you don't know how to have a good time, just cos you're into anime doesn't make you a weaboo, just cos your like to listen to rap doesn't mean you can't listen to metal.....

1) WTF? Uhh...
    2) That happens everywhere.
    3) Again, DUIs happen everywhere.

Did you ever venture out of Bridgeport? Maybe Stratford, Fairfield, Orange, etc? Those places should be much nicer than Bridgeport.

Yes my friend I have ventured beyond my hometown. I went to college in Westport, I had friends in Fairfield, I plan to work in Stamford when I become LMT.....I've gone for long car rides to Shelton, Danbury, have family in Hartford, went to concerts in West Haven, been to New Haven..... Yes thee are wonderful beautiful places in Connecticut that have wonderful people. Westport was heaven when I went to school there I felt like I was stepping into another world. Well not the main roads the people driving on the main roads were still assholes. Can a bitch cross the fucking road please? 30 mph speed limit assholes going 50 mph.

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen in other areas.... I'm just fed up with it happening in general. Trying to find a peaceful place to settle down and enjoy life without this crazy bullshit. Who needs this shit? I could just be another zombie and just care about stupid shit like I need that pair of shoes that costs 70 dollars because they're limited edition and only out for the month of March but that doesn't make me happy. What makes me happy is living my life in peace. Without people breathing down my god damn neck over some dumb petty shit. Yes of course we can achieve this by not giving a fuck, but it's hard not to give a fuck when that's all you deal with every fucking day, turn the news on hear some bullshit, talk to your family deal with bullshit, talk to your boyfriend's family deal with some bullshit, go for a walk in the park see some stupid bullshit, go to the corner store to buy a drink deal with some assholes on the way there and in the store itself.... Try to relax by indulging in some marijuana? Deal with bullshit from a shitty street dealer... Go to the liquor store to buy a drink to take the edge off? Guy doesn't believe your ID is legit (I don't drink just an example).... Go play some video games to get your mind off of life? Deal with more dumb frustrating bullshit.

I could very easily keep a positive mindset about things but this is the rant section of the forums. I will instead let loose my frustration here. Lol. Can't pretend like everything is alright all the time.

Bridgeport seems relatively tame in comparison to Florida.

My dad went to NYC a few years ago for some doctor-shootin'-laser-in-your-eyes training and he said people there were unfriendly compared to Texas. People and places are going to be different where you go. This reminds me of a quote from Sword of Mana, you are not going to like everyone where ever you go and it's fine, the same can be said for the inverse.
    Last edited by Leviathan; Mar 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

xD I feel like sending that to a friend that is going to Florida in May. "HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VACATION"

I feel a lot less negative right now. I watched some Sadhguru videos that really brought my mind back to balance. And then did some chakra cleansing and balancing on my boyfriend and some massage therapy. Helping him feel good also helps me feel good. Seeing him happier makes me happy. Heh even if it was a random person it would improve my mood to be able to help them feel better...

Just need to keep the positive mindset.... Still doesn't excuse the fucked up shit that's been happening to and around me...

But. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gL8...D384067DC81731

And. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgs...D384067DC81731

This guy really just takes the words right out of my brain.