Page 531 of 758 FirstFirst ... 31431481521528529530531532533534541581631 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by BlakLanner View Post
    I am inclined to agree unless you are still building your friend list. The only reason I still slot an E-Frame chip is because I either want a secondary effect (Psycho Wand, Tenimusou) or they do damage on other frames as well (XMas Aika, Elysion, Spread Needle). Given that the majority if people will still have one of those set as their SP chip, even then it may not be necessary. I keep hoping that others set other kinds of chips like Yami or Soro but those seem to be far less common and need to be slotted ourselves.
    At this moment my friends list contains 26 E frame, 9 yami, and the remainder are other frame chips (B, D, chase). During an EQ a lot of these people will change their friend chips constantly based on the elemental loadout they need for XH bosses, though generally two chips will stay constant: an EQ double drop chip if they have it, and their PA. A lot of people put an EQ double drop chip as their primary chip, since it offers a time extension as well, and is occasionally actually a good chip (such as xmas Annette or radiant). If you have a good library, you can work around having a strong assist chip from outside of your hand, rather than in it, particularly since Arion weapons make it possible to bypass the reason you use Seraphy to begin with.

During off weeks such as this, people put whatever they want, because it doesn't matter, and for me it basically comes down to "will I get fun by putting this up, y/n", which has been a solid "yes" with nasuyoteri. Dunno how it'll fare with strike brute.

For reference my chip libraries are sitting at an average of 870.

Just noticed what seems to be a rappy coin campaign on at the mo, anyone kindly have details of what one needs to do to achieve these?

Unless there's something new I haven't noticed, it's just the usual stuff.

-Seraphy Twitter Survey (answer her question for a shot at 10/20/30)
    -Buy AC, get medals
    -Link your account get medals
    -The everyday login

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

they usually have the monthly exhange unit set up to work with one of the boss EQs they got lined up for the month; I kinda hope that them having the Fire unit featured this month means we got Snow Banther/Banshee incoming. My character that rolled Firearms also got the New Years Gene chip, as well as having rock knuckle around too.

though I'll have to figure out what to do for the alternate elements on XH still...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    they usually have the monthly exhange unit set up to work with one of the boss EQs they got lined up for the month; I kinda hope that them having the Fire unit featured this month means we got Snow Banther/Banshee incoming. My character that rolled Firearms also got the New Years Gene chip, as well as having rock knuckle around too.

though I'll have to figure out what to do for the alternate elements on XH still...
    I hope it is fire so I can try this out.

If your set up has an e frame that isn't wind seraphy it is probably mediocre compared to top set ups.

That's a factually incorrect statement, and put bluntly you're heavily underestimating how much damage an E frame actually adds. Before adding in an assist chip or factoring in vs element weakness, that loadout for example has a 24.19x modifier, with a yami assist it becomes 62.89. It's entirely possible to go from those two listed modifiers to 37.04/96.31 simply by replacing the wind tmg booster with a fubuki toushuu (by virtue of a +35 fire arion making the chip costs 19+24+23+19+14). Lets say you replaced ideal duos with seraphy (library of 700, 105% E frame) and put in fubuki instead of TD booster, the multiplier is actually less, at 23.73/61.7x. A 700 library is being pretty generous, given how long you need to have been playing (or how much AC you need to have spent) to have acquired that many chips.

This also doesn't take the lower total element into account, resulting in still further reduced damage.

tl;dr Just because Seraphy is low cost does not automatically make it a good chip to use, even if you have a large library. One could argue that precisely because you have a large library you would have better options available than to use her.

Im not saying he should use wind seraphi (150% 12cost boost for top lineups) . Im saying his lineup is mediocre compaded to what is possible.

Compared to the extreme of what's possible, maybe, but even those wouldn't use Seraphy. Here's potentially the extreme of each, assuming an on element +35 Arion dagger (does not substitute power for a useful chip effect ie. Spread Needle for Vivian, Radiant for Shooting Drive etc.):

Fire: SORO/Fubuki Toushuu/Avenger/Spread Needle/FF8+Yamigarasu - 131.09 - 310 ele
    Ice: Yamigarasu/Sacred Duster/Fubuki Toushuu/Avenger/FF8+SORO - 101.13 - 310 ele (as braver)
    Light: Strike Brute/SORO/Avenger/Shooting Drive/FF8+Yamigarasu - 108.59 - 310 ele
    Dark: Nasuyoteri/Yamigarasu/Flay Fiora/Fubuki Toushuu/FF8+SORO - 122.60 - 310 ele
    Wind: Yamigarasu/Hollow Gimlet/Imperial Pick/wind TD booster/FFEX+SORO - 115.11 - 310 ele
    Lightning: Judgement Hearts/Bio Beld/Spread Needle/Yamigarasu/FF8+SORO - 111.79 - 310 ele or xmas Annette/SORO/Spread Needle/Yamigarasu/FF8+SORO - 119.24

Not a single one of these has Seraphy. His lineup may be mediocre, but it's definitely within the real of a fire onepass if he has a perfect boss pattern, ideal pse, procs status immediately, etc. I'd say to have even one of these loadouts without ever scratching AC for specific chips would be be considered extremely lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    Compared to the extreme of what's possible, maybe, but even those wouldn't use Seraphy. Here's potentially the extreme of each, assuming an on element +35 Arion dagger (does not substitute power for a useful chip effect ie. Spread Needle for Vivian, Radiant for Shooting Drive etc.):

Fire: SORO/Fubuki Toushuu/Avenger/Spread Needle/FF8+Yamigarasu - 131.09 - 310 ele
    Ice: Yamigarasu/Sacred Duster/Fubuki Toushuu/Avenger/FF8+SORO - 101.13 - 310 ele (as braver)
    Light: Strike Brute/SORO/Avenger/Shooting Drive/FF8+Yamigarasu - 108.59 - 310 ele
    Dark: Nasuyoteri/Yamigarasu/Flay Fiora/Fubuki Toushuu/FF8+SORO - 122.60 - 310 ele
    Wind: Yamigarasu/Hollow Gimlet/Imperial Pick/wind TD booster/FFEX+SORO - 115.11 - 310 ele
    Lightning: Judgement Hearts/Bio Beld/Spread Needle/Yamigarasu/FF8+SORO - 111.79 - 310 ele or xmas Annette/SORO/Spread Needle/Yamigarasu/FF8+SORO - 119.24

Not a single one of these has Seraphy. His lineup may be mediocre, but it's definitely within the real of a fire onepass if he has a perfect boss pattern, ideal pse, procs status immediately, etc. I'd say to have even one of these loadouts without ever scratching AC for specific chips would be be considered extremely lucky.

FFEX+wind seraphy is more damage than FF8 + spread or shootingdrive.