Page 728 of 758 FirstFirst ... 228628678718725726727728729730731738 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Well, now that we have the plug chip missions, maybe try to slog your way through Tower. The Alistin chip you get for a gold clear will boost up your offense by a fairly large amount. Once you have that chip, you should be able to upgrade it even further with plug chips. (19000 raw atk power is a pretty big deal).

On a personal note, finally cut through all of Nightmare Tower with all gold clear. Definitely takes some effort to beat, but not as hair-pull rage-inducing experience as it was the first time it was up.
    What was your pa choice for stages in which ranged attacks (ie. the overpowered as hell parallel slider) were 1%'d? I tried a few melee options, along with a couple of techs and damage was just garbage or I died horribly because of iframe stuff.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

Is it just me or is the plug mission absolutely awful?
    You get maybe three drops, and then you have to hope for the element to be the one you need, plus there's also like sixty different chips in the pool to begin with? oof

edit: you also need 20+ of the lower rarity ones, so yikes
    Last edited by modoru; Jun 5, 2019 at 01:25 PM.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    What was your pa choice for stages in which ranged attacks (ie. the overpowered as hell parallel slider) were 1%'d? I tried a few melee options, along with a couple of techs and damage was just garbage or I died horribly because of iframe stuff.
    Facet Folia. Slash rave is OK too. However, you need to identify what targets you're dealing with first. If you see El-Ardas, you should run like hell at the start, and wait for an opportune time to smack them. If you see Blade-dingals or Kaiserbelgers (standing mech, dog mech respectively) and they aren't in your immediate attacking range, you should also run for it, because in many cases, they can mow you down in one attack (mines can oneshot you, blade rush will just delete you since all the hits happen in a single instant). For everything else, you can just do the usual rush in, and blow them up with PAs deal. All the cells in nightmare tower are static, so if you access the same cell, you always get the same enemies.

Also, unlike regular tower, feel free to be patient and take your time. You have a longer time limit, and it's not unheard of to take 1-2 minutes per floor. The people who are blowing up entire stages in under a minute are generally the ones with very specific chips and an armory of Arion/Aculd/Aletia weapons with max cost down to allow for 108/115 Cost setups, and also units tailored towards max element.

Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    Is it just me or is the plug mission absolutely awful?
    Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    You get maybe three drops, and then you have to hope for the element to be the one you need, plus there's also like sixty different chips in the pool to begin with? oof

edit: you also need 20+ of the lower rarity ones, so yikes

Yup, I agree, the overall drop count is terrible. But, it's a long term thing, so it's not all that bad. It IS boring though having to farm the 5 stm mission for rank 4 plugs.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Jun 5, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

maybe i'm just jaded from no drops on etower and it's why i'm so pessimistic about it all idk

Remove nox from your setup he is not good with no dark chips.

Parasli is dark, so it's a +80% bonus; more than I'd be getting compared to other chips at the time. Using him for the +1 reward in tower, anyway

Yup, I agree, the overall drop count is terrible. But, it's a long term thing, so it's not all that bad. It IS boring though having to farm the 5 stm mission for rank 4 plugs.
    Here's hoping that in a close future update, we'll be able to purchase these new materials with Leisure Coins, just like the rest of the grinding materials.

One decisive thing i learned today: if you have both the target bonus damage element, and an element that is heavily resisted, you'll get bent over and torn a new one if a target has both and your resisted value is higher.

Also, unlike regular tower, feel free to be patient and take your time. You have a longer time limit, and it's not unheard of to take 1-2 minutes per floor. The people who are blowing up entire stages in under a minute are generally the ones with very specific chips and an armory of Arion/Aculd/Aletia weapons with max cost down to allow for 108/115 Cost setups, and also units tailored towards max element.
    You just need max abil level saika then you can clear fast.

There is that too, but it's pretty unrealistic to expect the average player to have that or have a friend who has that. (For reference: The Saika chip is a 13* drop/tower ranking reward which is insanely powerful when used in the tower, but it scales across 30 ability levels from ~200-1000%, so you would need to find at least 15 of them before it's any good)