Page 620 of 758 FirstFirst ... 120520570610617618619620621622623630670720 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 7578

Starling Fall seems to somewhat mirror the situation with Guren-Tessen when it was released - it does have tremendous damage potential, yet Facet Folia or Grim Barrage both seem to be a bit more of a streamlined option, with positioning/movement baked into PAs themselves as well as a really good pattern of hit distribution, which helps with chip activation. Still, since I recall that you did use Guren-Tessen with great success regardless, these alternative 3rd generation PAs could still really be an amazing option to consider for people who are just bored of game being so Folia-centric for so long. Or even just anyone willing to spice it up a little bit.

I think I actually have a Starling Fall chip (8* I think), so may have to look into that.

---

As for the event/EQ/EM/whatnot, I ended up getting somewhere between 76-80 of the 90 achievements completed.

Drop-wise, I probably did okay (I guess?):
    - Material Zero: I think I had eight by the end
    - Arion Weapons: --none--
    - 11* Chip from SH: --none--
    - 12* Chip from XH: One! (only my second 12* chip so far, so that's nice)
    - B.Ong chips: Enough to trade in for both of the Element+CP sub-units (one each because of the limit), and I think 36 or so leftover.
    - ....were there other things I am forgetting?

Unfortunately, because I couldn't clear them myself without wasting a LOT of OP points, I still had a few triggers left at the end. I ran them when I could, but since they were essentially left up to when they were finished via assistance (which since everybody else was doing the same, took some time), wasn't able to utilize all of them. Oddly enough, nobody seemed to bother much with helping on SH ones most of the time until that last day, where they seemed to help on those first instead (which I assume was to get more XH triggers).

And are the drops completely random, aside from slight bonuses for meeting certain criteria? And which criteria are the most important? It seemed like as long as you surpassed the G-line it set, that was enough to give you a decent chance for something at least (the "You were first to help!" seemed to have possibly helped too, but even when I wasn't the first to help that would show up sometimes, but other times wouldn't show up even if I was the first, so idk), but towards the end of the event I seemed to be able to do most of that better than at the start, yet I was starting to just get 10-25k meseta drops frequently instead of items/chips.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    I think I actually have a Starling Fall chip (8* I think), so may have to look into that.

---

As for the event/EQ/EM/whatnot, I ended up getting somewhere between 76-80 of the 90 achievements completed.

Drop-wise, I probably did okay (I guess?):
    - Material Zero: I think I had eight by the end
    - Arion Weapons: --none--
    - 11* Chip from SH: --none--
    - 12* Chip from XH: One! (only my second 12* chip so far, so that's nice)
    - B.Ong chips: Enough to trade in for both of the Element+CP sub-units (one each because of the limit), and I think 36 or so leftover.
    - ....were there other things I am forgetting?

Unfortunately, because I couldn't clear them myself without wasting a LOT of OP points, I still had a few triggers left at the end. I ran them when I could, but since they were essentially left up to when they were finished via assistance (which since everybody else was doing the same, took some time), wasn't able to utilize all of them. Oddly enough, nobody seemed to bother much with helping on SH ones most of the time until that last day, where they seemed to help on those first instead (which I assume was to get more XH triggers).

And are the drops completely random, aside from slight bonuses for meeting certain criteria? And which criteria are the most important? It seemed like as long as you surpassed the G-line it set, that was enough to give you a decent chance for something at least (the "You were first to help!" seemed to have possibly helped too, but even when I wasn't the first to help that would show up sometimes, but other times wouldn't show up even if I was the first, so idk), but towards the end of the event I seemed to be able to do most of that better than at the start, yet I was starting to just get 10-25k meseta drops frequently instead of items/chips.
    Most people can one-pass their SH.
    As long as you pass the g-line, you're good, unless you have the event specific chip that give double or rare drop increase, there isn't anything to increase cerain thing
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Are you ready for more SUMMER VACATION? It's a surprise encore event!

esScratch: Doki Doki Summer Vacation Again! (8/16 ~ 8/23)

New Chip!
    Weaponoid: Quotz Litos (Active Chip. Upon activation, reduce CP consumption and gain a damage boost that increases over time. CP reduction effect is additionally applied to the activation of this Chip.)

Featured Chips

Gene [Summer Vacation]
    Annette [Summer Vacation]
    Seraphy [Summer Vacation]
    God Hand
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 16, 2017 at 03:26 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Are you ready for more SUMMER VACATION? It's a surprise encore event!

esScratch: Doki Doki Summer Vacation Again! (8/16 ~ 8/23)

New Chip!
    Weaponoid: Quotz Litos (Active Chip. Upon activation, reduce CP consumption and gain a damage boost that increases over time. CP reduction effect is additionally applied to the activation of this Chip.)

Featured Chips

Gene [Summer Vacation]
    Annette [Summer Vacation]
    Seraphy [Summer Vacation]
    God Hand
    Another G-type, but the cost is very high~
    Last 70 second, not in SP slot, gives 170% damage boost..
    CP reduction seems to be 30%

So a useful card for friend slot, but due to the high cost, kind of hard to use on your own.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Well that caught me off guard... I assumed Bluesy only dropped from the boss in those shell quests, and ran one for the hundredth+ time having never seen one drop yet (quite a few of the Ice Sword & Tech boosters though), and encountered a King/Queen/Emperor/whatever Rappy along the way, which dropped a 'rare chip', so assumed it was just another 7* or maybe 10* rappy. Nope, was Bluesy... o_o First one I've had drop and I have run those quests a ton of times by now (and was even about to ask if her drop rate was supposed to be 0.0001% or something before I ran that quest; irony ftw I guess).

Also, since I am newer, should I be focusing on getting her to max ability level, or trying for one copy of all the chips I don't have first, then working on raising her ability? I assume it's the latter (at least for the main chips, idk about the boosters), which is what I have been doing so far, even if I may not use those chips in the future.

-----

As for the new draw, how good are those summer chips from last year (that they conveniently re-released after most people probably wasted all their medals trying for Gene or Annette; Science! Business!)?

Just wondering, since I have 40-ish medals I could try once, but with seeing the upcoming re-release draw, I have been a Valkyria Chronicles fan since the game came out/played it for the first of many, many times. Though even if they are getting boosted, the Alicia + Selvaria chips seem to have pretty 'meh' (at best) abilities... but I still want them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by nyaaaaa; Aug 17, 2017 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    Well that caught me off guard... I assumed Bluesy only dropped from the boss in those shell quests, and ran one for the hundredth+ time having never seen one drop yet (quite a few of the Ice Sword & Tech boosters though), and encountered a King/Queen/Emperor/whatever Rappy along the way, which dropped a 'rare chip', so assumed it was just another 7* or maybe 10* rappy. Nope, was Bluesy... o_o First one I've had drop and I have run those quests a ton of times by now (and was even about to ask if her drop rate was supposed to be 0.0001% or something before I ran that quest; irony ftw I guess).

Also, since I am newer, should I be focusing on getting her to max ability level, or trying for one copy of all the chips I don't have first, then working on raising her ability? I assume it's the latter (at least for the main chips, idk about the boosters), which is what I have been doing so far, even if I may not use those chips in the future.

-----

As for the new draw, how good are those summer chips from last year (that they conveniently re-released after most people probably wasted all their medals trying for Gene or Annette; Science! Business!)?

Just wondering, since I have 40-ish medals I could try once, but with seeing the upcoming re-release draw, I have been a Valkyria Chronicles fan since the game came out/played it for the first of many, many times. Though even if they are getting boosted, the Alicia + Selvaria chips seem to have pretty 'meh' (at best) abilities... but I still want them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    -Get all the new chips you can, then work on Bluesy. There are some chips (most notably Seraphy) where having a high compendium count raises its power by a lot.

-As for the summer chips, they aren't bad if you're looking for survival, since the Gene provides healing, while Annette provides barrier (equal to 50% of your max hp).

-You might be reading into the collab chips too soon - the only information available for them are the original effects we've already seen when they were first released 3 years ago. All the chips are getting boosted or new effects added, so all we can do is wait and see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    -Get all the new chips you can, then work on Bluesy. There are some chips (most notably Seraphy) where having a high compendium count raises its power by a lot.
    Including the booster chips? Or just the main five-or-so character/weaponoid ones? (Since the booster ones seem to drop during random missions, wasn't sure how high of a priority they were.)

-As for the summer chips, they aren't bad if you're looking for survival, since the Gene provides healing, while Annette provides barrier (equal to 50% of your max hp).
    So... I don't neeeeeed them per se? (Of course I would like them, but 'need' is the important part, with only having 40-something medals) I feel like Gene's [S Memorial] chip does a good job with the extra HP barrier, and I don't really see the purpose of healing atm: you either win easy or get squashed (from my experience so far).

-You might be reading into the collab chips too soon - the only information available for them are the original effects we've already seen when they were first released 3 years ago. All the chips are getting boosted or new effects added, so all we can do is wait and see what they do.
    I was just mentioning that part to say if I didn't 'need' to use the medals on the current scratch, that I wanted to save them for those two chips (regardless of if they are any good or not).

For EMs where you can easily take status damage, that can make all the difference whether the next actual hit you take will kill you or not - this is why healing can be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    For EMs where you can easily take status damage, that can make all the difference whether the next actual hit you take will kill you or not - this is why healing can be important.
    Ah, I suppose I do recall my character getting poisoned halfway through helping on someone else's XH trigger once, and ended up (I assume) contributing 0 dmg, because there wasn't anything I could do about it. My character had shock and mirage happen a few times, but poison only once I think.