Page 99 of 758 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199599 ... LastLast

Too bad it's almost impossible to avoid taking damage against the El Dagans due to their random super armor and sheer numbers making it extremely difficult to attack safely.

You can cheese through them using tmg normal attack, should hit for 1k+ per with saga + el ahda

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Too bad it's almost impossible to avoid taking damage against the El Dagans due to their random super armor and sheer numbers making it extremely difficult to attack safely.
    Use a tali and tech and keep your distance.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

What I do is just keep rolling around and sataim a stray one or roll back, lure and sataim a bunch of them that come together. Just don't regular attack into a sataim as that will probably get you hit. If you need to activate a chip from JA then just go as far away as possible and use 2 normals, repeat if necessary.

Their super armor doesn't help them against 2 hits from sataim, they always get sent flying from 2 if not 1. Your attack is prioritized over theirs so it's actually pretty safe to attack a stray one or ones that have just reached you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    What I do is just keep rolling around and sataim a stray one or roll back, lure and sataim a bunch of them that come together. Just don't regular attack into a sataim as that will probably get you hit. If you need to activate a chip from JA then just go as far away as possible and use 2 normals, repeat if necessary.

Their super armor doesn't help them against 2 hits from sataim, they always get sent flying from 2 if not 1. Your attack is prioritized over theirs so it's actually pretty safe to attack a stray one or ones that have just reached you.
    Status effect like Panic or Freeze can be useful too

But getting 6/6 doesn't seem to increase my chance of 11* chip, I got a bunch of 10* weapon that I turned into Cube instead though.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

As odd as it seems, getting 6/6 did actually seem to increase my chip acquisition rate. Still kinda iffy though given i'm playing melee on most of my chars, and I quickly burn through the useful FP chips.

It could be just RNG, but it cannot be proven by players at all. Should ask about this on some Q&A towards the es staff if possible.
    But getting 6/6 has yielded more drops for me that are red drops like 9/10☆ and those PA boosting chips compared to getting anything less than 6/6.

With that being said, would a 7* Megid + dark boosting chip outdamage some 10* of another element without a boosting chip? I'd test it myself but I've been having no luck on my newman running lame old VH because too weak.

Edit: Ahahaha RNG is funny, just found it on my newman. I just have to upgrade my Megid chip now.
    Last edited by Bellion; Mar 14, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

I've done the quest SH enough times as GU to know that Satellite Aim is incapable of reliably causing stagger, even if both hits connect.

Between the slow animation and that fact, it's a total headache compared to FO, since Foie is fast and can actually interrupt their attacks reliably.

But Sat Aim causes knockdown, is pretty gud, not sure about stagger . 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've done the quest SH enough times as GU to know that Satellite Aim is incapable of reliably causing stagger, even if both hits connect.

Between the slow animation and that fact, it's a total headache compared to FO, since Foie is fast and can actually interrupt their attacks reliably.
    While TMGs are indeed terrible because they're melee range meaning you're at the mercy of Sega's terrible auto targetting, Foie isn't much better. You should be using Grant because it has better aoe and reliability(instant damage).

Anyways 6/6 is actually easy to achieve with certain weapons. Specifically DB and Katana. Mainly because JC and Hein stun locks Dagans so they can't attack you while being hit. DB is especially good since you only need 1 PA to wipe out half the dagans and 2 PA for Wolga+ if you're strong enough. Both PA also out-range Dagans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehal View Post
    But Sat Aim causes knockdown, is pretty gud, not sure about stagger . 3.
    Until you get mobbed by 20 different dagans while trying to get close to that one random locked dagan. Changing camera is also a hassle and since Dagan AI is basically "kite player until ready to attack" using TMG poses the most risk because it has less range/AOE than most melee PA so you'll likely be attacking while getting attacked by more than 1 Dagan.

Alternatively, a safer route to S rank would be rifle with one point since one point automatically targets the closest Dagan after your initial target. You'll need to move around a lot to find a good vintage point though.
    Last edited by forbs; Mar 15, 2015 at 05:22 PM.