Page 648 of 758 FirstFirst ... 148548598638645646647648649650651658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Facet Folia
    Grim Barrage
    Elder Rebellion
    Everything else

Strike Gust might be good, but it's probably not, since Meteor Fist was a bust.

Unrelated: White Dinner looks like an A-Frame, based on its description. Haven't gotten it to drop, so don't know if it's any good. Sucks for those who are rolling with Caduceus if so, though.
    I would put Starling Fowl above Elder Rebellion, probably tied with Grim Barrage. It's power output is great, and it has i-frames on the level of Facet Folia, but those frames start about a second into the PA instead of 1 second from PA finish (such as Facet Folia) so you can use it like a counterattack and pre-empt damage with good timing. The jumping strike portion also recovers some CP as well, so your overall cost of use is actually less than advertised on the chip. It's also got some range as well if the target happens to step away, though your damage does get reduced if you hit it at long range.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Facet Folia
    Grim Barrage
    Elder Rebellion
    Everything else

Strike Gust might be good, but it's probably not, since Meteor Fist was a bust.

Unrelated: White Dinner looks like an A-Frame, based on its description. Haven't gotten it to drop, so don't know if it's any good. Sucks for those who are rolling with Caduceus if so, though.
    As someone who has actually tried Strike Gust, it's actually really good. It lacks i-frames, but it has super armor to make up for it, so just slap a healing Chip (like Guld Milla) onto your loadout and you're good to go.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Is there anything good from the seasonal daily quest? I got a wind PA intensifier but thats all.
    Is there any info regarding flame visit?
    Spoiler!

Flame Visit is a poor man's Fradoll; he inflicts Burn and deals additional damage to statused enemies, but not as much as Fradoll does. He's also a bit more expensive than she is post-story completion. If you don't have that kind of Frame kicking around, he's worth integrating, though.

His link skill is to increase the CP of the equipped chip by 20%, which isn't particularly great.

Facet Folia, Grim Barrage, Elder Rebellion, Strike Gust, Starling Fowl/Fall(?), etc
    These lists are nice and all, but isn't it basically easier to say:

S+++ Tier:
    Facet

Others that kind of try Tier:
    Grim, Elder, Starling, Strike, __, etc..

???

-----

I had nothing better to do with the seemingly hundreds of 10* Riri's I had amassed, so a while back I just started maxing the abilities of any PA/Tech that was ever mentioned as being decent. I have all-but-one of the aforementioned PAs (don't have Strike Gust) in their 10* form, fully maxed, so I did some testing on the new quest since it is ridiculously easy.

Even using weapons that give higher respective stats than the TD I use for Facet, none of the others even came remotely close to being near its level, strictly speaking damage-wise/output. Facet was a "use once and done, or every once in a while twice if some/most chips didn't activate." The others required a lot of attempts/activations to finish off the boss. I am no expert at the game, but unless I am doing something completely wrong with these other PAs, they are far, far from competing with Facet.

-----

Also, if we are discussing PAs that are in that second tier, I still have no clue how nobody ever mentions Million Storm.

I did all of the above testing using lvl. 72-75 classes and weapons that ranged from 771-982 attack power (the class stats themselves were negligible, so that wasn't it either). To test Million Storm, I whipped out the only Bow I could find on my character (one of the 11* ones from the EQ draw) with a whole 525 attack (though since it was Fire and had the elemental boost skill, it got boosted to 650~ish), and switched to my lvl.59/60 Braver class. It only took two activations with Million Storm (compared to frequent/minimum 3+ activation attempts some of the other PAs required). That is with a weaker weapon + 15 less class levels.

Idk, maybe I just have a soft spot for Million Storm because it carried my noob *** through the first month or two of playing until I finally managed to get a (6*) Facet chip (and I have always liked being a Bow user in any type of game like this, and tried to do so in PSO2 as well, but well, you know...), but I still don't see why it gets overlooked for that 'Second-to-Facet-by-a-mile' Tier.

Side note: Million Storm can also be useful for bosses that you want to keep your distance from (the ones that don't instantly chase you down anyway), and unlike the horrid accuracy of the PA itself in PSO2, the one in es never misses/connects every shot, and even when the boss is very mobile/jumping around, it still doesn't miss because it tracks insanely well for some reason. It still can't touch Facet levels damage-wise (but none of the others can either), so maybe consider trying this one if you are bored or something.

-----

Sorry if that got a bit lengthy (or grouchy) or whatever, I am just really irritated with a couple things in both PSO2 and es, respectively, right now, so maybe some of the vented frustration was channeled through this comment/reply, idk. Ideally it was helpful in some way though.

Has anyone managed to get a copy of the new Weaponoid chip from the XH version of the quest? Or was the chip potentially(?) removed as a drop option because of there being a potential 13* weapon drop? Normally, the drops are all available in both SH/XH etc for these, but since this one has a 13* weapon as a drop (and not just various PA/Tech boosters), not sure if that still holds true or not.

The 1500+ stamina I just used on the XH version suggests that she does not drop from it.... >_>

I got Million Storm 2 almost immediately after starting out and it's been stupidly effective at just melting any and all non-boss encounters

For XH bosses though, it got boring just standing there and getting nowhere close to like 60 million damage with one OP. Do I just have to hope I get Facet 2?

Edit: I tried to do the SH version of the quest too, and I stopped after getting 2 of the 13* weapon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 10 weaponoid drops
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    For XH bosses though, it got boring just standing there and getting nowhere close to like 60 million damage with one OP. Do I just have to hope I get Facet 2?
    60 million damage with one OP on an XH trigger is going to be basically almost completely reliant on the full chip setup + assist chip (+ equipment + elemental values etc), while a better PA chip will help, it's not the biggest factor (if just comparing the grade of the same PA). For instance, I have both the 8* and 10* Facet chips, and I have only ever broken 40mil damage in 'one go'/run/OP on an XH trigger one time (this last EQ or the one before, not sure; things just kind of fell into place or something), and other than that I have only broken the 30mil mark a few/handful of times. I can't even reliably 'one-shot' my own SH triggers, as they usually have a few million HP left (although that Ragne SH one from this last one was actually ridiculously easy for me and was one-shot/one-running it repeatedly as long as I had one of a few good assist chips to help out/available).

Edit: I tried to do the SH version of the quest too, and I stopped after getting 2 of the 13* weapon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 10 weaponoid drops
    So the 13* weapon drops on SH as well? Then presumably the drop mechanics work the same as they always have I guess, it's just that this time it is a Weaponoid and a 13* weapon instead of two different PA/Tech boosters... I also noticed that her max ability level was 10 as well, so figured it was going to be like the event where Summer Bluesy was a drop, but maybe not...
    Last edited by nyaaaaa; Dec 7, 2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    60 million damage with one OP on an XH trigger is going to be basically almost completely reliant on the full chip setup + assist chip (+ equipment + elemental values etc), while a better PA chip will help, it's not the biggest factor (if just comparing the grade of the same PA).[/I].
    Well I assumed Facet 2 would be easy to get and be extremely useful at 6 chip cost in a setup with like four 23 cost weaponoids

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    So the 13* weapon drops on SH as well? Then presumably the drop mechanics work the same as they always have I guess, it's just that this time it is a Weaponoid and a 13* weapon instead of two different PA/Tech boosters...
    There is no XH for event quests. I'll be running only VH from now on, while farming weaponoid gifts and using bow normal attacks.

As for PA boosters, SH drops the wind dagger and wind wirelance ones. I got like 4 total
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Well I assumed Facet 2 would be easy to get and be extremely useful at 6 chip cost in a setup with like four 23 cost weaponoids
    Hmm, for more about this, it would be better to refer to one of the more experienced players to get a better understanding/explanation/analysis/whatnot lol. Anything beyond what I mentioned would probably only be partially correct at-best/or-worse anyway (I am sure there is plenty I don't know/have wrong about how the game works anyway), so don't want to give you false info or anything lol.

There is no XH for event quests. I'll be running only VH from now on, while farming weaponoid gifts and using bow normal attacks.

As for PA boosters, SH drops the wind dagger and wind wirelance ones. I got like 4 total
    Oh... I guess this kind of qualifies as something I had 'wrong', but maybe technically not? lol My brain didn't even bother to think about there only being four matches/quests while there are five difficulties; it just always assumed: the top/highest on the list was XH, the one below it was SH, and the other two were just 'clear-once-for-the-rappy-medal' difficulty.

So after that correction, from running the SH version (the 32-stamina/top one), those 1500+ stamina earlier ended up with me getting:

- (8) 10* Rappy chips
    - (5) Twin Dagger booster
    - (5) Wired Lance booster
    - (3) 13* ...whatever the weapon is. Think it is a TD with the same name as the Weaponoid, but idk... Didn't really pay attention since I doubt there's any reason I will ever need/want to use it... (that and I just wanted the Weaponoid chip... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
    .......and so of course:
    - (0) Weaponoid chips...

(oT-T)尸