Page 629 of 758 FirstFirst ... 129529579619626627628629630631632639679729 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Figured as much about Saga, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Xierra's damage only seems to work every second or so, although she has some good sustain capabilities over time. Not sure whether the latter's worth losing more consistent damage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to test it, with Lightning being my strongest element anyway.
    I believe Xierra is proc-per-hit like Lisa. She syncs really well with rapid weapons like TMGs, and when you do so, she also gives really good sustain.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

No, really, she doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ROHnbTtlY

Note the icon; chips that don't have the chase effect as an ability on a timer, such as HUnewearl, will flash every hit the effect takes place, whereas Xierra's flashes in obvious intervals. You can also see that the additional damage during Elder Rebellion coincides with that flashing; hardly the flood of numbers you get from Darker Busters, or even the aforementioned HUnewearl, and again, her activation rate is Mid+, so it's not just that it's unlikely to go off. This coincides with Japanese player findings, too.

http://pso2es.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3...82%A8%E3%83%A9

Again, it's not bad, and Elder Rebellion's hits are fairly spaced out, so you don't lose a huge amount from that one, and it'd also be fine with PAs like Diffuse Shell, where the good stuff is all in spaced intervals, but it's definitely on a timer. That said, the HP and CP recovery are also activating with the damage each time, so it's certainly not useless.

All that said, that's a significant hit on my damage; that setup will deal almost twice as much against a Lightning-weak Tranmizer if Xierra is swapped for Yucreta, and that's with every hit. It also supports my theory that Ark Flan may not be an E-Frame, incidentally.
    Last edited by Geistritter; Sep 19, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Xiera's effects are more around the 60-70% proc success range. I think its perfectly fine because of her other abilities - she would be pretty busted if her effects were on a timer or had a higher proc rate. A chance of recovering HP and CP per hit in its current state vs. recovering both HP and CP per hit 100% of the time on top of doing additional damage - this would totally invalidate the need for chips like Tenimusou, Guldmilla, or Sukunahime-P.

In fact if you use the Arcflan chip (currently in the scratch chip trade shop) in combination with Xiera, and you manage to activate Arcflan (very easy with TMG spam or Multihit PAs) you pretty much get the get the above listed effect (chase damage + HP recover + CP recover but at near 100% rates). The downside of course is the cost. Arcflan costs 23, and an extra slot you could have used for something else. Though it also provides a decent damage boost, it's also E-Frame as well. Good if you have no 12* options, but you're better served with a 26 cost 12* chip if that's available to you.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I dont think the CP regen works if you are using stuff like nazonde and nabarta though... was just trying to do it earlier and only saw hp regen procs.

anyway, only now that it's over do I realize that techs like nafoie, nabarta, and nazonde were not good against zexia zipping all over the battlefield. really should have pulled out some tmgs for elder rebellion. oh well

Elder Rebellion's forward motion also lets you get into his grill and move past or under him while he's flailing around, getting you behind his attacks' hitbox relatively safely, so it's just good for dealing with his AI in general. Staying at mid-range tends to force him into an annoying loop of backing up and claw-swiping.

Anyway, again, Xierra's effect has a cooldown; it cannot activate again before that period, regardless of what the chance of doing so is. Seriously, watch the video; you can clearly see it, and it's specifically with machineguns, the weapon both of you said would cause a high rate of activation. A 60-70% activation rate would be a significantly higher frequency than is shown. It's even with Ark Flan, who has an effect of raising the activation rate of other chips!

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Elder Rebellion's forward motion also lets you get into his grill and move past or under him while he's flailing around, getting you behind his attacks' hitbox relatively safely, so it's just good for dealing with his AI in general. Staying at mid-range tends to force him into an annoying loop of backing up and claw-swiping.

Anyway, again, Xierra's effect has a cooldown; it cannot activate again before that period, regardless of what the chance of doing so is. Seriously, watch the video; you can clearly see it, and it's specifically with machineguns, the weapon both of you said would cause a high rate of activation. A 60-70% activation rate would be a significantly higher frequency than is shown. It's even with Ark Flan, who has an effect of raising the activation rate of other chips!
    Might just be luck? I've played with Lisa (who works the exact same way as Xierra) when ER was the king of meta and got decent mileage out of her until Weaponoids showed up.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

what is this talk about the Ark Flan chip? what does it do? do yall know the link to this chip?

It's definitely not luck; it's just a function of the chip because of its other effects. Even the JP Wiki mentions that it occurs in intervals.

Ark Flan's been in the AC Chip exchange shop for a bit now. 25(?) of them gets you a copy. The wiki doesn't have a lot of information on it at this time outside of its in-game description.

I have done one draw so far, and no VC chip, but I did get one of the collab. chips in the 'Mad Dog' Yakuza guy (don't remember the chip/his name).

Does anyone know if his special effect is just a limited-time thing (like event/EQ chips have) that will only be active during this TGS period/feather matches or whatnot, or if it is a permanent thing?

I haven't fully translated it myself yet, but I know it says something about all quests and boosting the present gauge (which it does by a pretty noticeable amount). Would be nice if it was a permanent thing, but since it is a red button type of effect like the EQ-specific ones have, I have a feeling it won't be.

It's prolly not, no.

Speaking of, it's worth noting that the vast majority of the collaboration chips are pretty bad, even with the buffs. Alicia does nothing except regenerate HP and CP, for instance, both the Samurai chips boosts damage against the same enemy type, making them basically the same damn thing, Ulala's just Purple Sister, so forth. Fortuner is damn near identical to Xierra, which as we just discussed is sub-optimal, so of course I got her, because that was the most annoying fuckin' outcome possible. I'm sure Kiryu is broken as hell -- I haven't seen him, so I dunno what he does yet -- but he's fool's gold with all the trash you risk getting in the attempt.
    Last edited by Geistritter; Sep 22, 2017 at 05:32 AM.