Page 36 of 758 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738394686136536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    My friend got 5 from doing only the 15 cost one today.
    Lower difficulity might have better luck, because of less stuff in the prize pool.
    I made off with 8 chips last EM doing nothing but VH requests, but that might have something to do with me being the executioner in many cases... (No, being the one to kill the boss does not give you any extra benefit in any way)

It boils down to how much money you want to make and how much cost you want to incur to your stamina. Can you get your rewards while minimizing the amount of stamina you use?

You have a greater chance of getting boss chips in normal, but your chance of getting junk affixes when you get equipment is fairly high. When you run VH, there's more drops in the pool to consider, but anytime you do get equips, there's a fairly good chance it has receptor on it.

Now regarding the run cost, also consider that you would probably have to ride off someone else's requests to keep the costs low - when you run H, you can probably solo it, but then it costs you 15 stm. It costs you 10 if you run N, but you can most likely solo it and get the kill reward. But also consider that a friend-requested VH run will cost you 10 stm the first time you run it too, same cost, potentially better (in my opinion) reward, but it depends on whether or not the run can be finished without you incurring any more cost.

My personal experience? I generally will just ride off requests sent my way; I can usually finish up any run when boss is at 70% or less. If it survives my encounter, someone else will have finished it off for me, so it works well in the end. If there are no requests I start one of my own, but I don't revisit it again - since the ideal situation will always be that you want to pay the cost once to get the boss kill reward, and no more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    I made off with 8 chips last EM doing nothing but VH requests, but that might have something to do with me being the executioner in many cases... (No, being the one to kill the boss does not give you any extra benefit in any way)

It boils down to how much money you want to make and how much cost you want to incur to your stamina. Can you get your rewards while minimizing the amount of stamina you use?

You have a greater chance of getting boss chips in normal, but your chance of getting junk affixes when you get equipment is fairly high. When you run VH, there's more drops in the pool to consider, but anytime you do get equips, there's a fairly good chance it has receptor on it.

Now regarding the run cost, also consider that you would probably have to ride off someone else's requests to keep the costs low - when you run H, you can probably solo it, but then it costs you 15 stm. It costs you 10 if you run N, but you can most likely solo it and get the kill reward. But also consider that a friend-requested VH run will cost you 10 stm the first time you run it too, same cost, potentially better (in my opinion) reward, but it depends on whether or not the run can be finished without you incurring any more cost.

My personal experience? I generally will just ride off requests sent my way; I can usually finish up any run when boss is at 70% or less. If it survives my encounter, someone else will have finished it off for me, so it works well in the end. If there are no requests I start one of my own, but I don't revisit it again - since the ideal situation will always be that you want to pay the cost once to get the boss kill reward, and no more than that.
    Pretty much this, and also you can have multiple character for 1 Account.
    But only one account active at a time
    Friend list is shared on Account, but help request sent and received is character based.
    And now it's easier to switch between chara, so login to new chara, send help request to friend, and have them kill for you.

Waiting for them to do a ES Tali~
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Does the score at the end affect the item you get? Considering the wide variety of rewards I've gotten it seems like it doesn't. I'm not sure though since I'm always in the same ballpark in terms of contribution points.

Score doesn't affect what you can get but it does affect the likelihood of you getting something good.

Pretty much this, and also you can have multiple character for 1 Account.
    But only one account active at a time
    Friend list is shared on Account, but help request sent and received is character based.
    And now it's easier to switch between chara, so login to new chara, send help request to friend, and have them kill for you.

Waiting for them to do a ES Tali~
    The only problem I have with this is that chips aren't shared between characters on the same account. If one character has 3 chips and the other has 2, you're stuck trying to find at least 3 more chips in total before you can trade in for something.

Score doesn't affect what you can get but it does affect the likelihood of you getting something good.

The only problem I have with this is that chips aren't shared between characters on the same account. If one character has 3 chips and the other has 2, you're stuck trying to find at least 3 more chips in total before you can trade in for something.
    You can buy cheap AC outfit for 80~90k and trade them in for chip too~

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Is FO just wimpy in ES, or does having good chips make that huge of a difference damage wise?

I ask because even with the Klotho, Fonewearl, and Marlu chip active simultaneously, I'm only hitting around 7.6K per Zan on the Banther Ong with 800ish T-ATK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Is FO just wimpy in ES, or does having good chips make that huge of a difference damage wise?

I ask because even with the Klotho, Fonewearl, and Marlu chip active simultaneously, I'm only hitting around 7.6K per Zan on the Banther Ong with 800ish T-ATK.
    Do you have 250 Wind element?
    And what kind of damage are you expecting anyway?

Screenshot dump

You can buy cheap AC outfit for 80~90k and trade them in for chip too~
    I mean for the EM weapons - they only want Ong chips, not even the other rare chips.

I mean for the EM weapons - they only want Ong chips, not even the other rare chips.
    Yes, I had a bunch of chip from the previous EM saved up too.
    Sent a support ticket complaing about it to Sega, hope they make it easier, since there isn't really any point to use the EM chip at all.
    And looking at 2ch, other player had similiar complaint too, so we'll see if Sega allows EM chip for the next EM weapon trade in.

Screenshot dump

Normally I woulld say the rate is fair... but it really isn't since it's a one week event, which only occurs within a single 6-8 hour timeframe. If they made it 2 weeks, it'd be perfect.