Page 743 of 753 FirstFirst ... 243643693733740741742743744745746 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 7528
  1. #7421
    An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Going, going, gone
    Posts
    304

    Default

    this question came up for me during the day when I was struggling to maintain cell signal long enough to do load into an XH before it disappeared -

    does participation matter in terms of placement?

    like, you know how there's gold/silver/bronze and then the plebs at the bottom of the results screen -

    does that alter anything significantly beyond maybe the op score? in other words, in terms of drops?

    also seconded on the aletia thing, i got a WL and that was depressing. At least I got arion fists. might buy some w/ mat zeros and make a dark build.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / pso2es active

  2. #7422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    this question came up for me during the day when I was struggling to maintain cell signal long enough to do load into an XH before it disappeared -

    does participation matter in terms of placement?

    like, you know how there's gold/silver/bronze and then the plebs at the bottom of the results screen -

    does that alter anything significantly beyond maybe the op score? in other words, in terms of drops?

    also seconded on the aletia thing, i got a WL and that was depressing. At least I got arion fists. might buy some w/ mat zeros and make a dark build.
    well i helped a random guy with an XH run and without doing much i ended up winning an alatheia knuckles XD

  3. #7423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    this question came up for me during the day when I was struggling to maintain cell signal long enough to do load into an XH before it disappeared -

    does participation matter in terms of placement?

    like, you know how there's gold/silver/bronze and then the plebs at the bottom of the results screen -

    does that alter anything significantly beyond maybe the op score? in other words, in terms of drops?

    also seconded on the aletia thing, i got a WL and that was depressing. At least I got arion fists. might buy some w/ mat zeros and make a dark build.
    The only thing your placement does is give you a relative idea how much you did compared to other people. The only thing that will affect drops in an EM request is whether you were able to make the damage quota or not (or if you died). Your drops will be severely downgraded if you didn't make quota, and even more if you died.

  4. #7424
    An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Going, going, gone
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Well shit, I guess I don't have to bust my ass to get first place then
    ship02 / playerID: modos / pso2es active

  5. #7425
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-006
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    The only thing your placement does is give you a relative idea how much you did compared to other people. The only thing that will affect drops in an EM request is whether you were able to make the damage quota or not (or if you died). Your drops will be severely downgraded if you didn't make quota, and even more if you died.
    The drop rate chances seem to have been reduced this time... I have S-ranked approximately 10 XHx5 and helped complete another 5, yet the best/rarest reward I've gotten is a 12* Rig weapon. I also do have Matoi's chip active in every single run for RDR boost.

    In previous EQs, without even RDR boost, I would have gotten the Weaponoid chip at least 5 times in the same timeframe.

  6. #7426

    Default

    I can agree with this statement in terms of weapon drops, at the very least for Crys draal. Running both x2 drop and RDR+ bonuses, with Burn Draal I was able to find multiple 14* weapons. With Crysdraal, the best I've gotten is a pile of Susanogurens for all my efforts.

    However, I've found more than enough Crazy Galactis chips to max out several if I wanted to.

  7. #7427
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2


    Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

  8. #7428

    Default

    To better explain what's going on here: Solid Straight and Alistine together would give the player a whopping base attack power of 102000+, assuming you maxed out both plug abilities. Stack damage multipliers on that, and well, you get the idea. Now you could try to do this with Elder Pain as well, but the costs involved just wouldn't be feasible at all. (Alistine + Solid Straight has a total cost of 28+19=47. Alistine+Elder Pain would run you 28+34=62; the goal is to basically fill your slots with non-0-cost boosters and a PA.)
    Last edited by Lyrise; Jul 23, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #7429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    To better explain what's going on here: Solid Straight and Alistine together would give the player a whopping base attack power of 102000+, assuming you maxed out both plug abilities. Stack damage multipliers on that, and well, you get the idea. Now you could try to do this with Elder Pain as well, but the costs involved just wouldn't be feasible at all. (Alistine + Solid Straight has a total cost of 28+19=47. Alistine+Elder Pain would run you 28+34=62; the goal is to basically fill your slots with non-0-cost boosters and a PA.)
    They also did a video with RNG first
    https://twitter.com/nyumanyumao/stat...26621085990914
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2


    Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

  10. #7430
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-006
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Blogpost: Yep, RNG favoured me in the very last moment. The last EQ run just 40 seconds before the EQ ends gave me the first and only Galactus chip. At least I get 2 more points for my collection

    it only took 19 clears of personal x5 triggers and another ~15 triggers from friends.

Similar Threads

  1. Ambitions of Illuminus - Un-Official Discussion Thread
    By Silmarwen in forum PSU General
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: Apr 30, 2007, 03:34 PM
  2. Ambitions Discussion thread
    By DikkyRay in forum Site Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
  3. The Phantasy Star Discussion Thread
    By Ryna in forum Phantasy Star Classic General
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2007, 11:13 AM
  4. Partner Machine Discussion Thread
    By Rashiid in forum PSU General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 5, 2007, 12:45 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2004, 10:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •