Page 91 of 758 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191591 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    I'm going to have to get you to take a picture of actually having that chip. I haven't seen any uploader pics and having done 8 30 medal scratches myself and not getting shit (2x Ulc! WOW), I'm not really inclined to believe it's actually in despite the fact it's supposed to be, or if it is, sega fucked the rates up so hard it might as well not be.
    I did 1 30 medal scratch. Got Mega Drive. You just got extremely unlucky. Unless you were only talking about Dreamcast.

Edit: Did 7x more 3 medal scratchs. Got Saturn.
    Last edited by JaysonL; Feb 25, 2015 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    I'm going to have to get you to take a picture of actually having that chip. I haven't seen any uploader pics and having done 8 30 medal scratches myself and not getting shit (2x Ulc! WOW), I'm not really inclined to believe it's actually in despite the fact it's supposed to be, or if it is, sega fucked the rates up so hard it might as well not be.
    Yikes sounds like a bad case of the unluckies. Anyway here's lil ol Dreamcast at level 34.

I was kinda hoping for Saturn personally but it is what it is! Besides her, most of my other scratches were basically junk too heheh. Congrats to Jayson for amazing luck!

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    Yikes sounds like a bad case of the unluckies. Anyway here's lil ol Dreamcast at level 34.

I was kinda hoping for Saturn personally but it is what it is! Besides her, most of my other scratches were basically junk too heheh. Congrats to Jayson for amazing luck!
    I wanted to believe that I got lucky too but if you look at the chip effects, I don't think I did that much better then you if at all. Saturn only actives on Tech so I'd probably never use her. Mega drive actives on movement which is okay. Dreamcast actives on Photon Arts. Although, Mega boosts the element that the enemy is weak to rather then a fixed element. So I have the going for me. Still need to test if these chips are viable. Descriptions say that the power boost is moderate so they don't look too good.

Edit: Yea, so Mega drive is annoying to use. I did 2 battles, first battle took 3 dashes to proc, second took 5... The element bonus is 60 so its not all that bad.
    Last edited by JaysonL; Feb 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

The chips that provide a flat power increase as opposed to a damage multiplier seem kind of terrible at higher levels.

The Marlu chip was nice initially since it was making my techs do a little over 1K more damage when it was active, but at level 65, that's insignificant enough that I think almost any of the "bonus damage on hit" chips would outdo it now.

That new SH event mission is truly a pain in the ass. Especially since you have to get a perfect grade to get all the bonuses. But in another sense, it forces you to apply what you know about es to succeed. (Or cheese them all out at long range)

This is my loadout on a BR, running BO gear.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

The mission itself gets pretty annoying until you realize... you need to pack along 2 elements (fire AND light or lightning). I use the Gawonda chip to cut all darker damage in half, in the event I get nicked (since you can only take a max of 20% of your MAX HP in damage before your grade drops). Katori, in addition to being fire, can cause panic on Zeshureida - allowing you to pretty much annihilate it for free. Finally, abuse friend assist, cause it can interrupt all incoming attacks.

Alternatively, you could either long range zone the enemies, or keep playing until you get a King Rappy instead of the dagan flash mob.

Next EQ starts 03/05
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

So they're having Burn Draal for the third time when we haven't even had a second run of Alonagahda, Dark Agrani, Crys Draal, or Banther Oran yet?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    So they're having Burn Draal for the third time when we haven't even had a second run of Alonagahda, Dark Agrani, Crys Draal, or Banther Oran yet?

I'm confused.
    The free weapon boosting chip should have been a good hint.
    Since the last one was Ice Twin Dagger and Ice Braver bow, it being Ice element like the Mizer Lightning DB and Lightning Tech chip.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

New secret Chip is Matoi
    Spoiler!

Screenshot dump

Matoi premium chip is the antithesis to the PSPo2 chip series, and I really can't find a way to implement it into a loadout (I have one).

For those that don't know, MatoiP's main effect is a boost to attack and defense on JA. This boost however, varies depending on the number of *different* elements that are in your current chip load. I think this might also be the situation where we could throw in MatoiP for the multi-element damage boost as well, depending on how much it will boost per element.

As for the Quna - Songstress of Heaven, you can pretty much break the EM. This chip is ice, and can also cause freeze, which you can definitely do to Burn Draal (from previous experience using a King Yeti chip). Add in a Saga chip which is also ice, and boosts damage significantly when target is affected by status? GGPO, Burn Draal never stood a chance.

edit: I think this might actually be a good situation for non-forces to use the Matoi-P chip. Quna+Saga, Matoi-P, any non ice/light attack chip for a 3 element boost. Just something to consider, but probably not needed, given how many passive dragon buster chips are currently available.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Mar 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM.