Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New to the game, need help on Braver skill-tree and MAG

I just started playing today, but I was told not to even touch my skill-tree or MAG until I planned-out exactly how I wanted to have them end-game.

So, for my skill-tree, I've really been liking the Braver, specifically the Katana (I just like playing melee), so I feel like maybe I should find a build that's all-out melee? Or are the Gunblade or Bow just a lot better?

As for the MAG, the one thing I'm curious about is if there's a way to build it, that it would still be useful to other Melee classes? I plan on making a Force character later on, but for the most part, I just like playing close-range characters, but with the Braver, being limited to only one weapon-type, I worry I'll miss out on the "fun" of getting different types of weapons (the Sonic Knuckle, in particular). I don't quite understand what the various stats are yet, but perhaps there's kind of a "general Melee MAG-build"?

And really, any other advice is totally welcome, too! Like I said, I just started today, so even the most basic stuff is probably news to me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Gildas View Post
    I just started playing today, but I was told not to even touch my skill-tree or MAG until I planned-out exactly how I wanted to have them end-game.

So, for my skill-tree, I've really been liking the Braver, specifically the Katana (I just like playing melee), so I feel like maybe I should find a build that's all-out melee? Or are the Gunblade or Bow just a lot better?

As for the MAG, the one thing I'm curious about is if there's a way to build it, that it would still be useful to other Melee classes? I plan on making a Force character later on, but for the most part, I just like playing close-range characters, but with the Braver, being limited to only one weapon-type, I worry I'll miss out on the "fun" of getting different types of weapons (the Sonic Knuckle, in particular). I don't quite understand what the various stats are yet, but perhaps there's kind of a "general Melee MAG-build"?

And really, any other advice is totally welcome, too! Like I said, I just started today, so even the most basic stuff is probably news to me :P
    OK, for your mag, just make it all s-attack, feed it weapons to greatly boost it's attack and furniture to lower the dex before it levels. If you don't want to use a bow the best skill tree is: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...cKsNJ2jds00006

In that link I have included the best all melee braver build with the best possible subclass versions of the fighter and hunter trees (feel free to use the unused sp elsewhere, i just included the vitals). If you want to main the other classes however, those are not good trees for them.

The strongest thing in the game is the shunka photon art fro bravers combined with their katana combat invincibility, that is literally all you need to steamroll everything in game, it's getting a nerf but seeing as how all of the past in game nerfs have not done a whole lot I expect this nerf to be no different.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

If on the other hand you want to be strong with Bow as well and want a hybrid build then go with full Dex MAG and max Braver MAG on your skill tree.

If you want to focus of katana mostly then go with what Skyly said. You can also main Hunter and Fighter with this S-Attack MAG.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    If on the other hand you want to be strong with Bow as well and want a hybrid build then go with full Dex MAG and max Braver MAG on your skill tree.

If you want to focus of katana mostly then go with what Skyly said. You can also main Hunter and Fighter with this S-Attack MAG.
    I actually recommend you not go with a dex mag as it is a near useless stat and no class benefits from it a whole lot, even with the braver mag skill it is overall less effecient because you lose points in other skills that would give you more of a damage boost. If you want a hybrid-ish braver it's best you just work your tree to buff your bow a bit like: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...snJ2fGDI200006

With that tree you will be able to maximize your damage with a katana and when you factor in stances from your braver and hunter trees (and yeah 90% of the time hunter is the best subclass, you may have to lose out on using knuckles since you have to be subbing fighter to use knuckle PAs but unless you just want to play around as br/fi hunter is a landslide better as a subclass) you will also gain a significant power boost on your bow.

0 on everything else.

Thanks a ton for the info, guys!!! Yeah, I've just never really cared for ranged-combat, personally, unless it was absolutely mandatory (ie. disarming traps, bosses out of melee range, etc).

Also, another question I had; I noticed that I'm not able to open up a Player-Shop. I got a couple of items from the scratch-off things with FUN points (there's no other use for them, is there?), would I still be able to sell them to players in-person? Or is trading also blocked-off without "upgrading" my account or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Gildas View Post
    Thanks a ton for the info, guys!!! Yeah, I've just never really cared for ranged-combat, personally, unless it was absolutely mandatory (ie. disarming traps, bosses out of melee range, etc).

Also, another question I had; I noticed that I'm not able to open up a Player-Shop. I got a couple of items from the scratch-off things with FUN points (there's no other use for them, is there?), would I still be able to sell them to players in-person? Or is trading also blocked-off without "upgrading" my account or whatever?
    Player shops are either bought with real money or obtained via premium, in order to trade with someone both players must have premium. The items you get from fun scratch vary, they may help with weapon upgrading, they may be furniture, they may be accessories, or if you are lucky they may be 3 day player shop passes or 3 day room passes.

0 on everything else.

mind if i ask a question also. newbie here too. i want to make a braver/hunter and gunner/hunter using same hunter build. i might just follow your hybrid build for braver/hunter. any advice for gunner skill tree? i mainly will play TMG i guess. and what is the best race i should use? and mind if i ask which board have the most english player? i only know is ship 2.. thanks for helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent1723 View Post
    mind if i ask a question also. newbie here too. i want to make a braver/hunter and gunner/hunter using same hunter build. i might just follow your hybrid build for braver/hunter. any advice for gunner skill tree? i mainly will play TMG i guess. and what is the best race i should use? and mind if i ask which board have the most english player? i only know is ship 2.. thanks for helping out.
    This thread here lists some of the best skill builds for every class, so I would try to follow closely to that as possible depending which one you like:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010

For race, I think female cast or female duman has the highest ranged damage, so that would be ideal for gunner.
    For braver, it depends if you are going katana or bow. For katana, you'd want s-atk, which I think either male cast or male duman is best for(the cast having better defense). For bows, the same applies to gunner with R-atk, so female cast/duman. IF you want to hybrid, then a Duman/Cast of any gender should be pretty good.
    Race and gender doesn't really make so big a difference overall though, so in the end I would say go for what you like the most, unless you don't care about looks.
    I think the only one that makes a noticeable impact is male cast force, but even that would be ok if it's what's fun for the person and they don't care about being perfect.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

Quote Originally Posted by vincent1723 View Post
    To directly answer your question without pointing you to a new thread lol, the skill tree i posed for hunter is the best to use as a subclass for any class that you want a striking or range attack in, for a gunner build your best bet is : http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000Ib000000j theres no need for chain trigger if you use s roll up, arts, and boost, everything will drop faster than the time it takes you to tag and break a chain.

0 on everything else.