Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What was your greatest accomplishment in any of the game(s) you've played.

I'm looking for what "Fun" things happened, be it beating the system, completing a really hard task, creature, or puzzle in a game that you've played.

What I mean for "Fun" and "Accomplishment" is that moment you get that grin on your face and feel like "Yeah!! I got the Power!" or "Skill!" Like beating a perfect dark time limit in a mission on Perfect Dark difficulty on your first try.

Or beating the Ruby Weapon on Final Fantasy 7 without using W-summon + Knights of the round + mimic spam. I can't recall my last moment like that, been so long since I myself played a console game.

Please try being detailed Game name, situation, how you managed it. if possible.
    Last edited by Meyfei; Apr 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Er, there's quite a few, but the one that sticks out in my mind most right now is when I finally beat Fantasy Zone II for the SMS after almost 3 years of practice interspersed with periods of getting super frustrated and rage quitting.

Whenever I need a game to pull out and kick a kid's ass so bad that they no longer bug me to play my vintage systems, I always fall back to Fantasy Zone II.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Greatest Video Game accomplishment? Too many to remember, but the most memorable one is back 2 years ago when I still played Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on the PSP (hense why no screenshots or vids ;_; )

Game: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (imported)
    Quest: The Two Jinouga Fight to unlock HR 6.
    Killed two Jinougas/Zingores in mid-air at the same time with one katana great spin right before they landed their signature attack on me that would killed me(rolling thunderbolt).

I remember beating Jordan on guitar hero 2 throwing the guitar on the ground after and never played the game again

I've long forgotten my actual greatest achievement in gaming, whatever the hell it was, but the best feeling one was every time I adapted to smug soldiers in TF2 as an airblast pyro.

The smuggest ones were always shit talking, always dicks, but never changing their timing. It'd take 2-3 deaths, but after that I'd be untouchable.

The biggest douchebag of them all kept getting the jump on me from behind at the most unusual places, so when I finally had him in front of me a predictive airblast at point blank sent him into a doorframe corner and flung a crocket right back into his face. 3, 2, 1, he left the server.

Then again, I can't imagine anyone being too pleased about that happening when the pyro has a 350 ms ping. I was living in the sticks at the time, so pyro was about prediction instead of reaction because of my high ping. That actually made it easier in a lot of ways - get used to how quickly individual soldiers reflexively fire their rockets after turning around, and you pretty much turn into Neo.

Nothing satisfies quite like consistently and reliably killing soldiers and demomen with rockets and pipes inside their launchers, by right clicking 300 ms before they left click.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

My greatest game accomplishment was unlocking almost everything in F-Zero GX, excluding the ones requiring the arcade machine.
    My sig disappeared.

I was so stoked when I finally unlocked the Gunblade in Parasite Eve 2. . I think I had to beat the game some 11 times or something.

When I played TF2, getting 8500 kills on my sniper rifle (It's at 9000 something last I left it)

Though I think the most exhilarating one was beating the old Alien vs Predator arcade game with 2 quarters in front of a bunch of people. Boy it was like something out of a cheesy 80's video game movie once that was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    I was so stoked when I finally unlocked the Gunblade in Parasite Eve 2. . I think I had to beat the game some 11 times or something.
    Oh god, that reminded me of how i finally reach the top floor of the chrysler building in Parasite eve 1... to findout I was missing 1 rare card TwT I was looking on every floor... I just couldn't find it D:

But I guess managing to hit the top of the tower was pretty empowering, As well as finding the Experience thing while grinding in the Museum (after a certain point it resets to 1exp, and gradually grows so you can hit 99 in an hour, after 4-5 hours of grinding the 1mil exp's) All those bonus points *drool* - your always better off grinding end game and putting points to your weapons since 99 = all skills 99 (keep the inv space also thats a needed one)

Hmmm, to name a few,

- qualifying for WCG USA for Starcraft back in 2005,

- getting #1 for MAG+ in PSU before the server went down with my good friends

- Beating Curse in an Alienware Cup with my team back in 2011 (To be fair everyone sucked back then) in LoL

- 13:37 Tanker speed run in MGS2 back in the day on Extreme...far from the best but still felt cool!

- Hitting 200 in PSO. Takes no skill, but damn did it feel good.

- Uh..My guild got server second Coil Turn 8 down. I guess that was cool, too.

Not my PERSONAL accomplishment, but Team ALTERNATE, a professional European LCS team for League, was 1st place for the first 3 weeks of which i was a temporary analyst for the team.

....I really miss the times when I could actually PLAY games enough to accomplish these things .
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Being banned from using Yoshi in smash bro events.