Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dark Falz Luther Vs. Dark Falz Loser

Alright I don't know the first thing about speaking or translating japanese, but Dark Falz Luther kinda makes sense...here's why.

The name Luther could be referring to a Martin Luther a chaothlic priest who was excommunicated from the church.

The mission before DFL has you fight against "apostles" Martin Luther also had many devot followers

When DFL gets weak he produces Crystals that look a lot like stained glass that can be found in almost every single church.

Just me thoughts though, what do you guys think?
    The Power to use my friends as weapons....that is the Sinful Crown I shall adorn.

I could be wrong and spoiler something but....

isn't Luther the bad guy that gets transformed into the new dark falz and therefor giving it it's name?

What do you call the first 12 man Dark Falz, "Dark Falz Elder" or "Dark Falz Colossus"? If it's the former, you should call the new Dark Falz "Dark Falz Luther", if it's the latter call him "Dark Falz Loser."

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    What do you call the first 12 man Dark Falz, "Dark Falz Elder" or "Dark Falz Colossus"? If it's the former, you should call the new Dark Falz "Dark Falz Luther", if it's the latter call him "Dark Falz Loser."

It's that simple.
    Luther IS his name, but so is loser. They're pronounced the same, thus the pun. I imagine that if his name had furigana that they'd use the exact same katakana. The only reason the english patch calls him Loser is to preserve the pun as best as possible.

Basically his name is spelled, pronounced, and means Loser. But Loser is a homonym with Luther in japanese. As far as I know at lest.

This doesn't change the fact that Loser sounds really dumb in english, but it's by no means "simple".

EDIT: For the record I doubt his name has anything to do with martin luther. Some people say it's a refrence to Lucifer, but I think they picked that name at the same time they picked the name for birdfalz and isn't a refrence to anything specific.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Like how "Dark Falz Elder" or "Dark Falz Colossus" is. I use "Dark Falz Luther" or "Dark Falz Fallen". Even tho he's just Rappy Falz.

It's definitely not referencing anything related towards Martin Luther and his creation of Protestant church. This has nothing to do with the naming of df at all.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

ダークファルス【敗者】 = Dark Falz [haisha]

敗者 = haisha = loser, one who loses, defeated person, vanquished, etc.

ルーサー = ru- sa- = luther

ルーザー = ru- za- = loser

there is no "th" sound in katakana, so it is simulated with either an s sound or a t sound

also 歯医者 = haisha = dentist

edit: for reference, to become a Dark Falz you literally defeat Luther, causing him to snap and turn himself over to the forces behind the creation of Dark Falzes, hence his associated title
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 14, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

I believe the dead horse has been beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    ルーサー = ru- sa- = luther

ルーザー = ru- za- = loser

there is no "th" sound in katakana, so it is simulated with either an s sound or a t sound

also 歯医者 = haisha = dentist
    Ok, that's the point I'm missing. This makes it a lot clearer. My bad.

It's likely something that would be changed in the localized version, as Japan isn't the greatest on the english language.