Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Bye Phantasy Star Zero

Yoo ^_^

Since no one else have started a thread like this, I am gonna get the ball rolling. Phantasy Star Zero, an action rpg which you can play offline as well as online, well could. For me this game, is one of the best games for the DS. Not to mention an awesome Phantasy Star game. However in my eyes it did not start out like that.

When I first started playing PSZ my expectations were through the roof due to previously playing PSO on the gamecube. PSZ had a few minor details which bothered me such as "WHY IS THERE NO DOUBLE CANNON WHEN THERE IS LAVIS "CANNON"?!?! :/ :\ D: " However after getting to play some online, I quickly changed my mind. I got lots of pointers on how to get past the things that bugged me and I really really started to enjoy the game (Except for the lack of Double Cannon).

I personally have invested nearly 600 hours to Phantasy Star Zero and I cherish everyone of those hours. What made this game so great for me was the achievements, the online play and floor 91 - 101 of Eternal Tower. Not to mention the groups I played with such as Secret Gaming Society (now Blue Rouges), Phantasy Star Zero Revival, Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 and Final Phantasy Zero. Thank you all who made this game so awesome.

With that all that said.. Good Bye Phantasy Star Zero You Rocked!
    ..except for the lack of Double Cannon, I mean c'mon! ;D
    Last edited by Norco; May 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

RIP PSZ going to miss playing this game with you all
    Zain Skyhawk
    3DS F/C: 0302-0570-3795
    I am a

Phantasy Star 0: The best action multiplayer game for DS. I spent about 500+ hours. It was grand fun. My favorite area in the game is definitely Eternal Tower. The only thing I did not like about the game was that Eternal Tower was offline only. I can only hope that the 3DS receives a Phanatasy Star title.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Hey don't be sad be happy. This game lasted way longer than most Phantasy Stars have in its history so walk around with pride knowing that.

Unhappy

So I just bought a copy of this game and... I just killed a giant octopus boss on my 1st try with a giant fork that has a giant chocolate filled strawberry on top of it and used it as a spear while a being a RA-Cast.

WTF man I missed out on this... that was most retardedly epic intro I've ever had out of any Phantasy Star game thus far! Can't believe I didn't bought this sooner to try out the Online mode.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

I'm sad it's officially gone, but people have got their own Nintendo WiFi Connection servers up and running already, and PSZ was one of the few games people have been able to get working perfectly. All you need to do is input a new DSN server address in your WiFi settings, just like using Pokecheck on old Pokemon games. Considering random matchups were already totally dead, you can still plan times to play with your friends online

So don't mourn too much, if you and your friends still want to get online and play PSZ, it is still technically an option.

EDIT: I should mention, you do need a flash cart so you can dump your cartridge data and apply a patch to it to remove SSL. Luckily they're dirt cheap these days and you can find them pretty much anywhere. I just tested some Tetris DS and it works!
    Last edited by DJcooltrainer; May 20, 2014 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    I'm sad it's officially gone, but people have got their own Nintendo WiFi Connection servers up and running already, and PSZ was one of the few games people have been able to get working perfectly. All you need to do is input a new DSN server address in your WiFi settings, just like using Pokecheck on old Pokemon games. Considering random matchups were already totally dead, you can still plan times to play with your friends online

So don't mourn too much, if you and your friends still want to get online and play PSZ, it is still technically an option.
    Unfortunately, it's not as easy as changing your Primary/Secondary DNS, as in order to get online on the new servers, patched versions of the game are required. So retail copies of the game can't get online without an Action Replay. And to my knowledge, no such code has been developed for PSZero as of yet.

I'm going to stop here. I don't think we're allowed to talk about the custom server or the AR code here on this forum.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

You can PM eachother of said activity thougj Hiya Doc haven't seen you in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not as easy as changing your Primary/Secondary DNS, as in order to get online on the new servers, patched versions of the game are required. So retail copies of the game can't get online without an Action Replay. And to my knowledge, no such code has been developed for PSZero as of yet.

I'm going to stop here. I don't think we're allowed to talk about the custom server or the AR code here on this forum.
    Yeah, I had to edit my post to mention the fact that the games have to be patched to remove SSL. I originally thought it was only required for capturing packets, but I was wrong.

It's really too bad, it only took me about 5 minutes of setup time to get it working after making a dump of my PSZ cartridge.

So yeah... still playable online... just requires a little work, and maybe some extra hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    Yeah, I had to edit my post to mention the fact that the games have to be patched to remove SSL. I originally thought it was only required for capturing packets, but I was wrong.

It's really too bad, it only took me about 5 minutes of setup time to get it working after making a dump of my PSZ cartridge.

So yeah... still playable online... just requires a little work, and maybe some extra hardware.
    It should also be noted that even if any of us do manage to get online, all of our current Friend Codes are basically void now.

Personally, the amount of black magic needed to get online now is a real turn off for me (and probably most players). The Hardware is pretty expensive, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin
    Hiya Doc haven't seen you in a while.
    Hey!

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~