Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO Zero Back Online

Somone on GBATEMP has made an opensource DS wifi server that supports PSO Zero.
    https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_netw.../Compatibility

Just thought I would let you guys know to keep whats left of the community alive.

This sounds very interesting - I'll be keeping an eye on it.

how do we actually use the server?
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    [HU:48|FI:1|RA:1|GU:1|FO:51|TE:46|BR:69|BO:25|SU:1]
    My Sound Cloud

After a look you'll need to not only enter the servers' own IP address as the primary & secondary DNS, but you'll also need to patch your game to skip the Nintendo server verification - which is only possible via cheat cartridge or a modified ROM image running on one of the many homebrew carts like the R4.

As neither of those are an option for me (I have no cheat cart and it's illegal to buy/sell the R4-style cards in the EU) I guess I'll stick with local multiplayer - which has the online quests anyway.

I believe you can use an emulator for it too, DSEMU I think. I haven't kept up too much on that though.

That server mentions using an Action Replay to connect, but doesn't give the code anywhere. I have no idea what code I'm supposed to use to connect PSZ. n.n

Edit: I managed to get the Action Replay code and get connected online. Nobody seems to be on Free Play though. Oh well, at least I can connect whenever I want now.
    Last edited by Knifedera; Jul 5, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Wish there was a walkthrough or something for this.

I'd love to see PS0 get revived with a small community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nannou View Post
    Wish there was a walkthrough or something for this.

I'd love to see PS0 get revived with a small community.
    The problem is that a physical Action Replay is required to patch your actual game cart
    Unless you use an emulator, but then you'd have to start all over... or else buy a save dongle. No matter what we'd have to buy an external device in order to use the characters we worked so hard on. If the server worked without needing to patch the SSL out of the carts we'd all be on it :I

Also there is a walkthrough on the site that hosts the servers but it can't be linked because of forum rules, you'll have to find it yourself, shouldn't be hard if you Google it

I've been able to get online, but I have yet to actually see anyone else on and playing while I am.

I was, however, able to find a game of Mario Kart DS the other day.

If you've got an action replay or flash cart it's super easy, but I know that's not really an option for some people. I still think even with the unofficial Nintendo WFC servers up and running, I think it's safe to consider PSZ online play dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    I've been able to get online, but I have yet to actually see anyone else on and playing while I am.
    I could always try playing with ya. As with before the server was down (official ones), I only play online if somebody else gives me a reason to.