Exclamation Need HELP! DPS Main/Sub classes!!

Hi guys!

Please help me
    I'm a newbie player from SEA and currently a Main class: Hunter for now. I need some clarifications on what should i pick for my Main/sub class. Also, it may be a big help to others too to find what's good for them.

I just want to ask if, what class (Hunter/Fighter/Ranger/Gunner only) is good for a DPS type character ? I want a play style that can do DPS damage with supreme (or not that supreme) but can do high damage on any mobs/boss. I am also more on evading rather than blocking.

Also, can i ask for a skill build and explanation on what is they're good at? Like, using this Main/Sub class for doing TA etc. etc.

I appreciate for your help. TIA!

PS:
    I'm amazed of him/her dancing on air, LOL.
    Last edited by codeZx; Jun 6, 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Let's do this for parts.

First, welcome.

Second, we've already got a race/class/build post, it's fixed on the top. Please take some little time to search for things before making a new post, to concentrate this kind of questions all on the same place. There are already topics for almost anything you might have some doubt.
    Here's the link for it, though:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218099

Third, as much as people here (and myself) always recommend: play something that you find to be FUN, even though it's not the most perfectly efficient. In the endgame, if you're properly geared, there's a LOT, a FREAKIN' LOT combinations that can dish out quite the good damage, on almost anything. You just have to learn and dedicate yourself to your chosen class/sub combo.

Though, if you want the bread and butter, the things that people do because it's actually too easy to overkill all the things, here are some of the combinations, listed by the order they come to mind:

1. Braver/Hunter maining katana. Good against almost anything. Probably will stay good even after the Shunka Shunran nerf.
    2. Gunner/Hunter maining twin machine guns. Same as Br/Hu, though Stylish-Roll Just Attack will also receive a nerf sometime in the future (probably).
    3. Force/Techer maining Ice and Dark. Ice for bosses, Dark for mobs. Ir you do so, please use zondeel for concentrating mobs for others to dish out AOE damage (and don't detonate the zondeel using other lightning tech).
    4. Ranger/Hunter maining rifle. Use weak bullet as much as possible.
    5. Gunner/Ranger maining twin machine guns. Not as good trashing mobs as Gunner/Hunter, but one of the best for bosses. Use weak bullet combined with Chain Trigger, it'll probably finish anything that isn't Dark Falz in one go.
    6. Braver/Ranger maining Bullet Bows. Also use weak bullet as much as possible, banish arrow and dish out damage on weak points as much as you can. Excellent for bosses, though I don't know if it's as good or better than Gunner/Ranger.

Also, it's not hard to be properly geared. Grind your units to +10 as soon as you can, and do the same for your weapons.

Last, about the video: That's pretty much the bread and butter style to play as Gunner. Use 3 weapon pallets configured somewhat like this:
    1st slot either Messiah Time for close, Elder Rebellion for far, Heel Stab or Shift Period for mobs. They're all for damage, because the first combo slot is the only one that procs on S-Roll Just Attack.
    2nd and 3rd slot with dead approach for positioning in the air without falling.
    Then you rise in the air doing stylish rolls mixing with normal attacks, and time the first Photon Art with a Just Attack after the Stylish Roll. For the Stylish Roll (it's the action of the shift button) to make you rise in the air, you have to press shift without any side pressed, and then some little frames after you pressed Shift, you press one of the sides, so that you can go up, and then keep repeating.
    If you want to go with this style of playing, train it for some days, it's not hard to grasp. I have two Gunners myself, and it's quite fun.

Also, if you like air combo-ing, check out Fighters (with twin daggers) and Katana Bravers that don't use Shunka Shunran. They're not the most excellent damaging at the moment, but they're efficient enough, and awesomely fun.
    Last edited by Tivor; Jun 6, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

And if I might add .....

If you can get Bullet Bow for Ranger, Ranger/Braver seems to be a better option, since you get the bonus from SharpShooter too
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Thank you, I forgot that . There's a 11* Bow that's Ra/Gu equippable that I'm really interested in acquiring.

Default Thanks!

WOW! Thanks for this Tivor I really really really appreciate it. Plus you've added tips from that video

And also I'm sorry for not searching for topics like this.