Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They could just make a whole pvp only ship that everyone on any ship can enter and only in those ship all hits are server sided? I mean if Sega is kind enough to give pvp it's own dedicated server that is.

tbh i found PSO1 pvp pretty funny, right when you leave the portal into the Forest area theres some Force spamming ice skills right on the portal and your character gets frozen and then dies :P

Yeah while FO is charging a technique meanwhile Br swoops in with shunka oneshotting Fo and Gu simply takes off by style dodging into oblivion. Ra lands one weak bullet oneshotting everything. Nah this game is too outbalanced for PVP. It would take fixed values like Edson Drake said and perhaps these Mechs from TD3 to really bring balanced PVP.

Obviously the great equalizer will be giant robots for everyone.

Only go to make some points to the OP.

PvP is possible, but knowing Sega it will be problematic.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by MimiChan View Post
    They could just make a whole pvp only ship that everyone on any ship can enter and only in those ship all hits are server sided? I mean if Sega is kind enough to give pvp it's own dedicated server that is.
    And if PvP does get popular.........that ship will likely be full thus not allowing others to enter and create lag due to it being full with all the actions going on.

Edit: In the end, for PvP to be implanted into PSO2 there must be a whole lot of shit that needs to fixed and/or changed.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Jun 10, 2014 at 09:21 PM.

I don't know why would cooldown not be possible with anything, they could just add a special clause enabling it on pvp only ship. Making a separate ship/server will let Sega do some absurd adjustment without affecting the regular ship.

Dodging/Guarding/Countering can be countered by putting PP cost on them making the whole pvp dependent on how well you can manage your PP pool. Do you use PA/Tech? Do you dodge? Is doing normal attack to regain PP worth the risk?

Cooldown and Limited PP lets you make this crucial decision and just prevents everyone from just spamming.

I don't know why would cooldown not be possible with anything, they could just add a special clause enabling it on pvp only ship.
    It means that they have to rework and recode the PA system. If PAs where like class skills then it would be understandable and easily done but they're not. I understand that you want variety (I would love that) but the PA system has an entirely different code from class skills that have CDs.
    Dodging/Guarding/Countering can be countered by putting PP cost on them making the whole pvp dependent on how well you can manage your PP pool. Do you use PA/Tech? Do you dodge? Is doing normal attack to regain PP worth the risk?
    That would depend on the PP cost. Something like 30 PP is outrageous but something like 20 seems highly reasonable.
    -I was only adding the lowering PP recovery part and objects increasing PP recovery just to increase competitive means.

Cooldown and Limited PP lets you make this crucial decision and just prevents everyone from just spamming.
    -Yes and yes, I agree onto here but as already said above about cooldown. It would involve with recoding the PAs' coding.

I think that SEGA was testing the waters with this when they added the Emergency Code Clone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I think that SEGA was testing the waters with this when they added the Emergency Code Clone.
    You wouldn't just be thinking that then. They actually did say it was related to testing for a PVP mechanic.

Maybe the close we can get into having a PVP is having a Colosseum tournament type that you can only enter your character partner as a player and they will duke it out clone vs clone style and you just watch on the sidelines. Should be fun haha.