Hi all,
Ever since this latest 06/11 patch I've been unable to log into my ship. After a couple of seconds (while at the "Authenticating SEGQ ID" prompt) I get the message "server connection timed out" and then I'm forced to try to log in again, with no success. I googled and searched through some old threads, and saw a response by AIDA that linked to this ( http://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/pspo2se/ ) page, something about a "pso2.exe permission fix" that apparently causes this problem. I first removed all of my patches and tried logging in again, and that did not work. I just finished reinstalling the entire game and tried logging in without installing any patches through the official launcher, and once again my connection timed out. The only thing I have read so far that relates to this problem is the permission fix, but the one on that link is outdated it seems (it's like 1000kb smaller as well) so I got the black screen error when I tried logging in. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Im thinking maybe I have to set up some exceptions in my firewall or something... I have been playing the game with no issues for about 9 months now, though. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.