Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need some input for a launcher ranger build

For thematic reasons and mostly for fun, I've created an alt using only launcher with the occasional weak bullet thrown in. I have maxed out Weak Hit Advance 1&2, sharpshooter, and have one point in weak bullet(not keeping the rifle out so i wont be firing more than one). I am currently running Ra/Hu, I would normally sub Gu for double PP generation and more PA spam, but the launcher has terrible pp gain.

I am not too sure where to go from here. Standing snipe might work great for a rifle, but it seems worthless for a launcher since unless you're using basic attacks, you'll most likely move before the slow shot hits its target. First hit might be something nice to grab and use with divine launcher t clear trash.

From there i still have a bunch of points left over and what seems like very little of worth for the launcher. Was thinking of potentially putting one point in all the launcher shells and maxing power bullet and PP save bullet to keep their effect up most of the time.

What are your thoughts on launcher builds?

You actually have some nice alternatives when you don't plan to use a rifle:

First, make sure to get Sharp Shooter and First Hit. Both are really nice damage boost skills. Fist Hit is harder to trigger in MPA full of Force spamming ilmegid but it's pretty good to clear respawns.

One option would be to max Shooting Up 1 for 50 extra R-ATK and add 5 points in Killing Bonus, it's always nice to get some PP back when you are in the skill range to get the PP (usually when you cosmos or Divine in close range).

Another option would be max power bullet and load a bullet for situational extra damage burst. So 5 in Power, 3 in bullet for 2 charges and 3 in PP Save Bullet to compensate the lack of Killing Bonus. OR you could get the other bullets too and no PP Save Bullet. Up to you.

As far as you have the RAHU "core" skills, you should be fine and will deal good damage

Launchers are fun

No Launcher, No Life

I'm wondering about weak bullet, if i swap weapon do the shots stay loaded in the rifle? If so it might be worth getting more than one level.

If you swap, the bullets sadly disappear until the skill is activated again.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Google translate's translation of the japanese wiki still leaves some things in a confusing state so I'll ask here.

How does the Power Bullet and PP Save bullet bonus work exactly? The japanese wiki mentions a 30s duration on power bullet effect and mentions it being lost or somesuch while there is no mention of a duration on pp save. I need to know for sure whether I need to still have a special shot loaded to have the bonuses or if they'll stick around for 30s even after the loaded shots have been used.

The second case could be useful since for 18 points I would get 100 extra power and 80% pp usage almost always up by having only one point in each launcher shot and spreading out their use over time.

I dunno about power bullet but I don't really think it's worth maxing. PP save lasts as long as you have a special bullet loaded. If you plan on getting it, you can actually put a few points in jellen shot or something to save pp on launcher PAs.

Since I won't be getting all that much out of PP Save Bullet, I'm thinking of something like this:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j

It would give power bullet a downtime of only 18s with an uptime of 90s and some situational utility from the launcher shots. Wondering if some of those points should be diverted to Dive Roll Advance since I fight at close range a lot with the launcher.

My launcher build: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j

I exclude weak hit advance one and two because I'm using Launchers almost exclusively.

I have a second build for rifle which is centered around WB and includes weak hit advance.

You should play around with different skills until you find what works for your set up.

Personally I like to include Braver into the WB mix for maximum exploitation of weak points.

Even with a launcher you should be hitting weakspots all the time.
    WHA is a must.

The problem I have with Standing Snipe is that a lot of PA's will move your character at least a bit and you have to remain immobile until the shot lands since you need to have been standing perfectly still for the last second for standing snipe to kick in. My launcher playstyle is pretty mobile and is usually close to enemies, I have sharpshooter in there just for extra damage when I'm not. Being close also lets me hit weak spots more reliably with the launcher.