Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question HU/RA, HU/FI or HU/BR - Sword/Gunslash Main Help

With the upcoming Virtual On collab coming up, with a Sword/Gunslash camo I can see myself making some neat combos without having the animation of switching weapons.
    Not to mention I'm quite a fan of the series I would love to specialize in this.

Sadly I come from a Ranger/Gunner background so I'm not sure what Photon Arts to use on Swords. (Answered.)

Now let's get this out of the way, I'm gonna completely ignore Rifles, Launchers, Bows, Katanas, Partisans, Wire Lances, Knuckles, Daggers and Double Sabers so I'm not gonna consider them in the build and play-style I wanna do.

Current Sword PAs: Overend, Guilty Break, Ride Slasher and Sacrifice Bite.
    Current Gunslash PAs: Addition Bullet, Aiming Shot, Regenschlag.

(EP.3) Skilltree idea for HU/RA: Sword/Gunslash #1

(EP.2) Skilltree idea for HU/BR: Sword/Gunslash #2

(EP.2) Skilltree idea for HU/FI: Sword/Gunslash #3

Question(s):

(1). Would this build work the most? (Answered.)

(2). If not, what could I change to make it better? (Answered.)

(3). Would a HU/FI work better with Brave Stance instead of Average Stance? (Answered.)

(4). EP.3 will have re-evaluated skilltrees, meaning that I can add traps such as grenades like in the game of Virtual-On. Thoughts?
    Last edited by HIT0SHI; Aug 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Gonna go HU/RA instead. Thoughts?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Before you go on I'd just like mention that switching to palettes with different weapons during a PA without proper latency, even with camo's, should cause damage loss.

There's also absolutely no reason to go HU/BR if you're playing Hunter exclusive weapons. Switching to Fighter for Brave Stance is a better option.

However I'm no expert on neither Swords nor Gunslashes, so I'll leave this to the rest of the forum.

Yeaaaah I've noticed that when switching to Infinite Fire after using a Launcher PA like Cosmo Breaker.

As for Fighter, is it actually better to go with Brave Stance then?
    Last edited by HIT0SHI; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Elaborated on the launcher PA

Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Wise Stance is rather troublesome to get used to what with enemies' invisible line of the horizon. I'd think that Sword/Gunslash user should always be in front of the enemy anyway since they're so slow to get behind enemies.

Going pure Brave Stance lifts you off your worries of stance dancing.

That's why I'm considering going Average Stance atm.

Though I'm not sure which one is stronger, Brave Stance feels like Weak Stance in which you lose damage by hitting the wrong area.
    Because I'm all ready outclassed to oblivion against Katana Bravers, Forces and what have you, I want to deal as much damage as I can possibly can without resorting to other weapons aside from Gunslashes and Swords.

I was thinking of going FI also because of the typical Slayer stuffs so you get the most damage out of it, but then again Swords and Gunslashes are pretty clunky so I'm not sure if they can sustain the effects as long. Going with Average is pretty good in itself since you don't really have to worry about anything...

I'd considering abandoning the Halfline stuffs and putting only 1 point in Fury Gear on Hunter for more damage on the Fury side, but that's just me. I don't know how greatly Sword Gear affects PAs and if it is that necessary to fill your gear 3 times faster than normal...

I did play Hunter back when the game launched (though this might have been changed) iirc charged PAs will be REALLY quick and Sonic Arrows would do multiple hits. I'm probably gonna go full gear if this is still the case.

sword and gunslash are both at their strongest with FI sub. Gunslash especially. Sword shouldn't notice too big of differences when using BR stances, but gunslash will since it's already as weak as it is and its only charge move is Aiming Shot.
    Sword's only useful PAs atm are overend, sonic arrow, guilty break, and ride slasher. The latter two are charge moves. Get used to ride slasher since it'll be your bread and butter PA when you find a lvl16 disc. What made the crowd hype is that the virtual-on camo changes its shape when you specifically use ride slasher.

Sword PAs: Overend, Sonic Arrow, Guilty Break, and Ride Slasher. Noted!
    And yup that's also another reason why I wanted to use the Sword.
    Last edited by HIT0SHI; Jun 18, 2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: unnecessary question removed

I go with Sword Hunter and the gear is essential, makes PAs charging fast and raises damage of the other PAs. It's totally worth the points spent, if you were wondering.
    About the skill tree, I'd recommend to get only one point in fury gear boost (x2 filling rate is enough to me) and go full damage as it's considered to be best(probably more so if you use a gunslash). So: get just counter if you want it, get the sword gear and spend all your points into the fury stance.
    I suppose Hu/Fi or Fi/hu would be better than braver for what you have in mind, but if you want to give a meaning to your +Dex you can play hybrid braver from time to time for fun. I have a dex mag and it doesn't get any better than that, unfortunately. But uh maybe you can use a hu/br build with those dex bonuses and also shoot with your gunslash? Would be cool but I do not know how effective it would be and you would lose potential damage output for sure.

About PAs: You might want to get Sacrifice Bite from player shops because this buff should have kicked in:
    Sacrifice Bite: Increased power at level 16.
    Sacrifice Bite: The effect is extended to 40 seconds when used on Bosses that can’t be held.
    Sacrifice Bite: Expanded attack hitboxes when activated.
    You use it on enemies that can be grabbed, mostly, and get a good damage boost, just don't waste time trying to have your sword blue all the time.
    I also use Rising edge but exclusively when there's a ragne to be taken care of very quickly, as it lets you hit the weakpoint at any time.
    Duck TalesNeifirst [ship 2]