Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Old/New A rare unknown pso(gc)demo???

If you don't live in japan you really do miss out.Check this out goto youtube and type in the following...Nintendo Gamecube Demo Disc Japan 2002...This video was posted by...JamXmix...It's 2min58sec...Among it's 10 listings are 2 for phantasy star online...1 a video the other ones playable but all we see here is a trailer for biohazard 0...So is their anyone whos seen this disc and can tell us about this little known demo...Maybe if someone has this they can post a you tube video of a play through of it...

Note:I have searched youtube and didn't find any other content displays for this demo disc...
    Note:Just to let you know the playable demos on the disc are the ones with what look like gold cinder blocks.
    Last edited by Saligun; Jun 26, 2014 at 09:17 PM.

That's interesting. I'm kinda curious myself now too about the differences between the demo and retail versions.

Now i know this demo is rare but surely someone out there must must have seen this thing at sometime in the last 12 years or so...I've said this before this is a site for everything pso related right?So how can something like this be so completly unknown to anyone here?

I'm sure it's known to some people, but I'll bet most of them have long since moved on from this forum. Are you checking other forums?

Why would i waste my time searching for any pso info anywhere else when this site is clearly the best one out there...But i guess once in awhile even this site can't know everything...Still i'm not giving up yet i know if i keep this topic alive someone will have the awnsers i seek at some point...

You killed my goddess! Forever Zero's Avatar

Hmmm.. I was pretty active in the PSO scene around this time. I followed every bit of info I could from JP sources on EP I & II and don't recall this demo disc at all. The only demo at the time that I remember was that network trial edition that was out in Japan only.

Upon looking at the date of the demo in that movie description it looks like the demo came out in September 2002. The JP version of PSO GC also came out that same month. Maybe because the demo was released so close to PSO GCs release date might be the reason why it isn't very well known. I also doubt there are any differences between this demo and the final release for that same reason. The demo most likely contains a playable level of forest and nothing more.

You are right about it being rare tho. I ran some searches and couldn't turn up anything. I did find info and ISO files of other JP interactive demos but for whatever reason this one seems to be quite rare.

Here comes a big one! SJRKnowledge96's Avatar

That's interesting... I wonder what the demo contained?
    Yes, the one with the Ship02 fats.

Maybe cranberry knows something about this disc/demo?

Since JamXmix posted this video and may still have the demo disc maybe someone could send him a request to post a video of the pso demo.Or even if he doesn't still have it maybe he at least tryed it and could tell us something about this pso demo.So if anyone knows him or a way to send him a message please do...

I have a copy of the PSO Episode 1 and 2 demo disk.

The demo disk will not boot up at all if you don't have the modem adapter installed into the GameCube. Even if you aren't going online, it looks for it. You'll get a Japanese error message if you don't have it installed.

Offline, you can only play in multiplayer mode. You can't play in single player mode, the options are not selectable for single player.

Right off the bat, Forest, Cave, and Ruins are playable. There's no Episode 2 access and Ruins doesn't seem to be accessible either.

Once you put something into your bank, you don't seem to be able to take it back out again. Additionally most of your items are not saved between games. Each time you load up, you lost what you had before. I think your mag might retain its level, I'll have to double check that, it's been a while since I loaded up the disk.

There's a number of differences. Frozen monsters have a visual appearance more like V2 than on normal GameCube. Androids don't regenerate HP and I don't think leveling up restores your traps (I'll have to double check that; again it's been a while).

There is currently only 1 private server that allows the demo version to connect, and I have connected to that private server with it. Other Gamecube players cannot join the game; it doesn't show up on the game list. Online play is functional though; I don't remember if I had any quests available to play. The catch is you MUST connect via dial-up connection. Broadband adapter won't work since the game won't load with a broadband adapter.

I can make a recording of it if you like.

I also have the Episode 3 trial disk as well.

EDIT:
    I just watched the video. I hadn't watched the video before typing all this up. I thought you were talking about the Episode 1 & 2 Trial Disk. I see now that this is something different; some sort of general GameCube demo disk that wasn't specifically PSO. My mistake. I do not have that particular disk, nor was I aware of its existence.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Jul 8, 2014 at 09:02 PM.