Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hey... Thanks for going the extra mile everyone it's good to hear that this demo disc has a history and nows at least a slighty smaller mystrey.Only question left is what was the playable demo of pso?(What was it like?)

I was in high school in Japan when PSO came back. And I remember it was at a games show. It was like any other demo. Less content, but more instantly accessible content, and everything resets upon logout. It was cool to get a feel for the game. But I feel the whole hunting aspect of PSO cannot be felt in a demo. Granted that's probably not what they were going for. We all know Sega is great at.. still staying a company?..
    If there is missed in the earlier comments and my post makes no sense.. sorry.
    I try because I can and I can because I try.

Lord of the Apocalypse NightHour13's Avatar

Man being in Japan during highschool, let alone PSO - I'm surprised you aren't Kunio-kun. Ya know sometimes I wonder what the reaction to PSO was in Japan, especially because dial up and nonsense such as analogue TV's were still around. I at the time, of course, thought everyone in Japan lived in some sort of Nintendo paradise but now that i'm older, I always wondered =)

I also had a chance to play PSO on demo, and even met the admin/mod perhaps of the main PSOBB website at the time, though I can't remember his name! I mean, his user name really, but I met the tall lad who was just psyched that blue burst was as far as PSO had gotten in the main stream. He looked like this nice guy who was really happy to be representing the western release's online presence. I, for one loved the demo - all it showed was the standard 4 main levels but if I'm not mistaken episode II was accessible, regardless I tired quickly of running around level 1 but I focused more on showing my friend who was with me how awesome this game was, failing hard. Getting slammed by Boomas. Also there was a time limit as squealing children abound.

Anyway this was in New York at the something something Expo down by the dang water in manhattan. I'd like to say it was 2006ish? Doubt it was the disc you were talking about, but rest assured Saligun you're looking for a rare one. It does sound like one of those one's that were sent to game dealers who won the ability to showcase the game, a feat here in the west I would say is damn near legendary as I've never seen a store do that with PSO...Maybe SEGA, like a whole area SEGA'd out if you will, but a demo in one of the private stores is likely what your looking at, and thats going to be something!
    Last edited by NightHour13; Jan 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM.
    PSO Dreamcast, Gamecube and Blue Burst and on: Vizous; Level: Kick your ass

Wow have i been gone awhile but back on topic i'm glad to see so many people give this topic a real effort it just amazing that anyone could find anything at all considering how rare this demo must be.So thanks for all the effort everyone!But i still hope to someday find one,just to try it.I have spent to much time trying to find out about it,to not get it if at all possible.