Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wish after this much time spent trying to dig up even a tiny bit of data on this demo i'm still batting zippo.But if anyone out there has gleamed any info,We love to here it here...

Here comes a big one! SJRKnowledge96's Avatar

It would be interesting to find out how it played.
    Yes, the one with the Ship02 fats.

I know back in the day some gaming magazines had free demo disks in them, with multiple games available. I'm willing to bet it's from one of them. If anyone is truly interested, I'd suggest trying to see if you can find issues of different magazines from around that month, and go from there. I can't imagine finding them would be easy though, given how old they are. Unless there are some really good archives.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

I believe this demo came in a box,at the beginning of the youtube video the poster of the video showed a box that the demo disc came in...Just watch to see it.

I'll take your word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Well, the screen/box reads:
    月刊 (Monthly)
    任天堂 (Nintendo)
    店頭デモ (Storefront demo)

A short investigation seems to indicate that these discs were distributed to Japanese retailers on a monthly basis for use in Gamecube kiosks around Japan and not something that would be made available to the average person.

It's really no wonder not many people know about this thing. The easiest way to get a hold of one would be through a defunct retailer and I can't imagine more than a few hundred were ever made. So the chances of finding an intact physical copy would be pretty slim.

Still pretty neat.

I found images of the September 2002 demo disc. No info on the contents still.

http://www63.atwiki.jp/gamecubemania/pages/12.html

Quote Originally Posted by acidbearboy View Post
    I found images of the September 2002 demo disc. No info on the contents still.

http://www63.atwiki.jp/gamecubemania/pages/12.html
    This is a super good find. I can't read japanese, but according to google translate its Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 ver1.1 modified version.

Edit: I just noticed there is one above that called Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Trial Edition. Perhaps the disc we are looking for is former though.
    Last edited by mctastee; Feb 17, 2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: correction

PSO version 1.0 was quickly replaced with version 1.1 due to an item dupe glitch in Japan. This was the retail release, after the Network Trial Edition you mentioned. But this thread is looking specifically for information about an in-store preview disc which allegedly contained a demo of PSO ep1&2 as well as a video. If you scroll further down the page, you will see all the preview discs. The September 2002 disc in question has an orange sleeve.

Ah the good old days of item duping...