Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I still have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as for why the English patch calls it a Falclaw. It's PSO2, not PSU2. Just use the damn name that was used in English every other game. PSZ called Love Rappies Rab Rappies but you don't see the patch calling them that.

Lavis Canon (or Kanon, if PSZ's translation is to be trusted, 「ラヴィス=カノン」 in Japanese), a saber, was translated as Lavis Cannon (which is usually romanised as 「キャノン」, although not in PSO, which must be the reason for the mixup) in PSO and PSU. Moreover, they translated the Double Saber version as Double Cannon, so, instead of a transforming weapon that you could identify by the name, you got swords called "Cannon".

Just because a translation was in every previous game, it doesn't mean that it's worth keeping.

you got swords called "Cannon".

this kinda cool how to improve gunslash dmg . let's build cannon in the sword.
    yeah they got this concept from temjin since they decide to add v-on collaboration

Last edited by oratank; Jun 27, 2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    I'm still confused over the essential name-swap that Anne and Amia got.
    Yes that's most puzzling and doesn't even have to do with the 4character limitation, haha.

Art book calls him Rutsu, interviews with subtitles call him Lutz.
    Rutsu is just the bad sounding, un-adapted romanization, like if they had written Faru instead of Fal. You can tell they're gonna be approximative with their english(and thus with their romanizations) when they say ファースト'faasuto' for both 'first' and 'fast'(Neifirst is neifaasuto, luckily they don't type that in the artbooks lol).
    Duck TalesNeifirst [ship 2]

FYI it's THESS TIANNI. "She-esu" is too literal. "Shi" is often used in some romanized named in place of TH, since there is no "th" phoentical pronunciation in the Japanese language, sometime "shi" is used in place of "th"

and a better translation of Chaz's orginal name would be "Rudy Ashurei" IMO. I still *hate* that they renamed him "Chaz" *blech*
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Lavis Canon (or Kanon, if PSZ's translation is to be trusted, 「ラヴィス=カノン」 in Japanese), a saber, was translated as Lavis Cannon
    Ohhh! So that's what it was.
    I was always confused why it was called that.

i always assumed it was called cannon because it shot out those beams but that makes alot more sense

Yeah, there are a total of four 「カノン」s in the entire PSO: Rouge, Belra, and the two Lavis variants. And, ironically, of them all, "Double Cannon" is the only one that makes any sense when translated.

But, yeah, it's incredibly unlikely that somebody actually meant them to be called cannons, as it isn't hinted in any of the descriptions. In fact, Lavis Canon's description explicitly calls it a sword (though a mysterious one).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Rappy View Post
    I still have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as for why the English patch calls it a Falclaw. It's PSO2, not PSU2. Just use the damn name that was used in English every other game. PSZ called Love Rappies Rab Rappies but you don't see the patch calling them that.
    Purists. Why did they change the name in the first place? Fal/Farl is harder is even goofier sounding in Japanese but they got through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    FYI it's THESS TIANNI. "She-esu" is too literal. "Shi" is often used in some romanized named in place of TH, since there is no "th" phoentical pronunciation in the Japanese language, sometime "shi" is used in place of "th"

and a better translation of Chaz's orginal name would be "Rudy Ashurei" IMO. I still *hate* that they renamed him "Chaz" *blech*
    That's because Chaz is an awful name