Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I want this to happen but I don't want to put my hopes up too much. They have my support though Good job so far.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Yeah until they get past the issues that EGS ran into, I am going to be less optimistic about this. If they do get past those issues then I have hope for this. They are also doing this in C over the Erlang that EGS chose.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

Having been one of the people running around on the server, it's running great so far, though the majority of functions aren't accessible. It's great.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDragon2332 View Post
    Yeah until they get past the issues that EGS ran into, I am going to be less optimistic about this. If they do get past those issues then I have hope for this. They are also doing this in C over the Erlang that EGS chose.
    you should join there testing progress you have the knowledge as PSU player just saying just be nice they included u in and give your feedback to Tony

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

I've talked to the people doing this, and I will most likely be helping them out with the combat related stuff. For example, PA modifiers, variance, enemy stats, and damage calculation overall. Assuming they get that far. Also, with the offline mod team having the data for the Japanese content, I see no reason why the content (obviously translated) could not be added to the game. Although there would need to be some type of download. It would just have to be something the two teams would have to get together on.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I'd like to see more overall progress on the server itself before we worry about the games balance. Since there's some glaring issues that need to be addressed about the game, it's going to take some time.

Ideally, I'd like to see better class balance and some major PA adjustments along with mission enemy level changes. Maps that actually match our characters power, since so much the older content became forgotten over time. It would be really nice to see that once everything is working, we'd be able to run the older maps that are still worthwhile to the new AoI maps. Stuff like Pre-nerfed Moatoob maps with much higher leveled mobs comes to mind.

I don't want this to be just another slicer/shotgun/jabroga spamming contest. As much as I miss the game I'd like to have some variety.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    I've talked to the people doing this, and I will most likely be helping them out with the combat related stuff. For example, PA modifiers, variance, enemy stats, and damage calculation overall. Assuming they get that far. Also, with the offline mod team having the data for the Japanese content, I see no reason why the content (obviously translated) could not be added to the game. Although there would need to be some type of download. It would just have to be something the two teams would have to get together on.
    I agree what your saying. if you can show them how its done or give some kind feedback that would be awesome.only problem would say if they willing to do it or not? just hope for the best they can works something out also you shuold ask tony if u can be included as well you and DeathDragon2332 you two are very very good when come to finding problem and understanding the testing field of the game. I have fiat in you two and can give them your expertise on that subject

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I'd like to see more overall progress on the server itself before we worry about the games balance. Since there's some glaring issues that need to be addressed about the game, it's going to take some time.

Ideally, I'd like to see better class balance and some major PA adjustments along with mission enemy level changes. Maps that actually match our characters power, since so much the older content became forgotten over time. It would be really nice to see that once everything is working, we'd be able to run the older maps that are still worthwhile to the new AoI maps. Stuff like Pre-nerfed Moatoob maps with much higher leveled mobs comes to mind.

I don't want this to be just another slicer/shotgun/jabroga spamming contest. As much as I miss the game I'd like to have some variety.
    that is true I mean showing how the server is running look okay but we need more info how the everything work like you said before. We should test the game play and behavior of the game that for sure

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post

That's one of the many reasons why I want to help out with the combat balancing. The slicers were fine, but there were problems with other PAs. For the most part bullet PAs were fine. The only problem I can see with them is making some sort of balanced difference between twin pistols and rifles. Many balance problems do come from fighter PAs, but most of them can be fixed with a simple adjustment of the PA modifier. However, a majority of the PA balancing problems come from techs. For example, ice techs cast slower than any other type. With ice being the overall weakest tech type, it's stupid for it to have slower casting times. Yet fire/ground are the fastest and the strongest. There are many other issues with techs as well. Something that I'm trying to figure out for the offline mod as well.

Okay so is this server PC only or will it work for PS2?. Just thought I could ask that here