View Poll Results: Will we be able to log in no prob after Maintenance?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 29.76%
  • No

59 70.24%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

im getting a similar result, very interesting indeed

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Oh Yeah we've been block from PSO2. I can go to any of the sites on SOJ's website except PSO2. I'm sure they'll say everything is working good after the maintenance but our connections will still be blocked.

All those in the JP region that are blocked will be fixed. We're stuck using pingzapper and the like to get connected until they block those too.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

You are making it as Sega was a bad company that just, out of a whim, banned most of, if not all NA people from entering the server and how Sega is losing on a 'large' player base of paying customer.

You have to look at in on another perspective, that their server was attacked for almost a week (just imagine how many profit they lost that time, time constraints, pushed schedule, and overall headache from the fiasco)

Maybe the attacker originated from NA? Or at least he rerouted the attacks to come from NA anyway and blocking them seems to stabilize the server.

Remember, the NA block was not the cause, it was the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by MimiChan View Post
    You are making it as Sega was a bad company that just, out of a whim, banned most of, if not all NA people from entering the server and how Sega is losing on a 'large' player base of paying customer.

You have to look at in on another perspective, that their server was attacked for almost a week (just imagine how many profit they lost that time, time constraints, pushed schedule, and overall headache from the fiasco)

Maybe the attacker originated from NA? Or at least he rerouted the attacks to come from NA anyway and blocking them seems to stabilize the server.

Remember, the NA block was not the cause, it was the effect.
    i see your point and i do understand where your coming from but sega could've found a better course of action other than this >.> all this is doing is pissing off most of there foreign fan base. >.>

Well it certainly is looking grim at this time. Without a doubt if we can not get on tomorrow after maintenance it is a wrap for us.

If SEGAs solution to all this was to IP ban us all, then they let the DDOSers win. Damage was done and not only did SEGA lose money in the downtime but most damaging they have forced them to totally alienate and completely turn their back on a HUGE portion of their fan base.

The sad reality is we live in a world of grief and terrorism. While their company was a victim, WE the fans were victims ourselves and if its SEGA's only solution is to IP ban everyone outside of Japan permanently we have been doubly victimized.

Nowadays these type of things are commonplace that ALL online services have to deal with. I can only plead with SEGA that they can see the wisdom in this and not punish and dismiss loyal fans that wholeheartedly support them.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    Well it certainly is looking grim at this time. Without a doubt if we can not get on tomorrow after maintenance it is a wrap for us.

If SEGAs solution to all this was to IP ban us all, then they let the DDOSers win. Damage was done and not only did SEGA lose money in the downtime but most damaging they have forced them to totally alienate and completely turn their back on a HUGE portion of their fan base.

The sad reality is we live in a world of grief and terrorism. While their company was a victim, WE the fans were victims ourselves and if its SEGA's only solution is to IP ban everyone outside of Japan permanently we have been doubly victimized.

Nowadays these type of things are commonplace that ALL online services have to deal with. I can only plead with SEGA that they can see the wisdom in this and not punish and dismiss loyal fans that wholeheartedly support them.
    agreed

For the sake of argument: If Sega did in fact IP ban us, they only hurt themselves in the end because people won't forget it'll be yet another strike against them with consumer confidence. Remember this isn't a localized issue.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

Well, you say HUGE, but I think PSO2 income is 95% based in Japan. And the Japanese customers are demanding for quality service. In other words, prevent future Ddos attacks. I think the most effective way for SEGA to prevent attacks is to block foreign connections. Sad, but we can't really do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IndignationSWF View Post
    For the sake of argument: If Sega did in fact IP ban us, they only hurt themselves in the end because people won't forget it'll be yet another strike against them with consumer confidence. Remember this isn't a localized issue.
    word!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    pkemr4, you get the error 107 with the launcher? What about tracert on pso2.jp, what do you get there?
    i get the 107 error with launcher and 249 ingame with tweaker. it timeout after leaving router
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama