Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquecz View Post
    I use Telus, and even despite me not dealing with customer support very often, I find it very hard to believe that someone who works for an internet company wouldn't know what a ping is, or would tell a customer to check his/her download|upload rate while his/her internet is down.

I mean thats some common sense shit right there.
    The 600 ping thing is more believable because whoever says thats fine doesn't use the internet very much.
    My case was last year during the summer around the same time as now.

I called to get some insight into whether or not they're doing some servicing in the area and would repeatedly have my connection shut off in the span of 30 minutes to an hour. Repeated calls into their customer and tech support yielded the same response with them claiming that there was nothing wrong and to consult their site and speed test. The answers they gave me each time was the same as the last.

I had better luck getting actual help before the merge when it was still Qwest, but with Century Link I see my connection throttling or stopping for hours.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I hate Century Link, so goddamn much. I spent two weeks without Youtube because it apparently wouldn't buffer due to a network issue. I checked kinda hard, and apparently this was a new recent thing with them.

I solved the problem by updating my video drivers.

Network has to do with video drivers? What?

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I once had a rep tell me to check my download/upload rate while my internet was randomly shut off in the middle of the day.
    at least you could quickly and honestly tell him 0/0

Well I got a reply to my email about our little problem... Those people really are just trained monkeys, aren't they.? I did respond with a copy of the tracert and some other tests, so maybe if I continue to harass them, they'll finally break down and check on the block.
    "Newman ruiner of things"

here is my tracer done know if is going to be of any use, but here my tracert.txt (file://EMANGAMEMICHINE/Users/Eman%20Game%20Michine/Desktop/my%20tracert.txt)
    Last edited by blackoctober; Jul 6, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Well I got a reply to my email about our little problem... Those people really are just trained monkeys, aren't they.? I did respond with a copy of the tracert and some other tests, so maybe if I continue to harass them, they'll finally break down and check on the block.
    Did you ever get a response from them or get this resolved blackstar? Still can't connect either with clink. Can't make a connection with pso2.jp either......

No I did not. I also found the ticket they opened only stays open for 5 days. I honestly did not expect anything to come of it anyway, but I did find this thread on DSLreports. It doesn't help, but at least it looks like CenturyLink is aware of the problem. Iv'e given up and gone the VPN route.
    "Newman ruiner of things"