Default hybrid braver build

so i just hit 40 on my braver and i decided to have it hybrid cause i can't leave either weapon,so i started feeding my mag dex but the problem is i haven't the slightest clue as to what i should put my stat points in besides the dex to r-attack/s-attack skill,so i would be grateful for hybrid builds with explainations of their main flow

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...sXI2fGSdo00006

You can try this build.

Average Stance, Average S Up, and Average S Charge maxed: multiplicative modifiers are always good! Weak Stance is a bit too situational.
    Katana Combat: VERY good AoE, damage, and homing capability. You do want this available whenever you can.
    Combat JA Bonus: stronger attacks during Katana Combat can only lead to good things
    Combat Finish: 300% modifier to the final AoE damage? Hell yes!
    Combat Escape: Having 20 seconds when maxed seems a bit too much (for me, anyway). 10 seconds is plenty enough.
    Rapid Shoot (5 or 3): it depends. If you want the normal attacks' power to not be too diminished, go with the former. Otherwise, go with latter and invest those two points elsewhere (maybe Rapid Shoot Advance if you want Rapid Shoot to be off CD more?)
    Rapid Shoot Up 1: one point for 50 R-ATK. Very worth it, imo
    Rapid Shoot Mastery: multiplicative modifiers, multiplicative modifiers, multiplicative modifiers

As for the Hunter subtree, shove everything to the left. Partizan Gear can be replaced with Just Reversal if you don't plan on using the Partizan too often.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...I2fGQIbI20000j

Something like that maybe. For Katana Combat, if you're the type to Finish as soon as you've racked up enough hits then you don't need as much Escape or JA, but if you like to ride out the full duration then you can fill up those skills instead of maxing out the cooldown.

Otherwise pretty straightforward. You got the Braver mag to split your stats, no wasted points in Critical or Rapid Shoot, full Fury from Hunter, Just Guard and Just reversal. But another thing you could do is get lv1 War Cry since that can occasionally be useful. Don't really need Just Guard too much if you're not maining Hunter, so you can drop that if you want.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...sXI2fGSdo00006

You can try this build.

Average Stance, Average S Up, and Average S Charge maxed: multiplicative modifiers are always good! Weak Stance is a bit too situational.
    Katana Combat: VERY good AoE, damage, and homing capability. You do want this available whenever you can.
    Combat JA Bonus: stronger attacks during Katana Combat can only lead to good things
    Combat Finish: 300% modifier to the final AoE damage? Hell yes!
    Combat Escape: Having 20 seconds when maxed seems a bit too much (for me, anyway). 10 seconds is plenty enough.
    Rapid Shoot (5 or 3): it depends. If you want the normal attacks' power to not be too diminished, go with the former. Otherwise, go with latter and invest those two points elsewhere (maybe Rapid Shoot Advance if you want Rapid Shoot to be off CD more?)
    Rapid Shoot Up 1: one point for 50 R-ATK. Very worth it, imo
    Rapid Shoot Mastery: multiplicative modifiers, multiplicative modifiers, multiplicative modifiers

As for the Hunter subtree, shove everything to the left. Partizan Gear can be replaced with Just Reversal if you don't plan on using the Partizan too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...I2fGQIbI20000j

Something like that maybe. For Katana Combat, if you're the type to Finish as soon as you've racked up enough hits then you don't need as much Escape or JA, but if you like to ride out the full duration then you can fill up those skills instead of maxing out the cooldown.

Otherwise pretty straightforward. You got the Braver mag to split your stats, no wasted points in Critical or Rapid Shoot, full Fury from Hunter, Just Guard and Just reversal. But another thing you could do is get lv1 War Cry since that can occasionally be useful. Don't really need Just Guard too much if you're not maining Hunter, so you can drop that if you want.
    thank you both very much,one more important question is countering,never saw anything about that and i would very like to master it,so any guidance to it would be great.
    also regarding partizans,i didn't even know you can use those on this class but just so i can decide on it,what partizans will i need to go for endgame/currently for it to work(i am assuming there are some good all class ones if they are seriously used).
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by davenger; Jul 6, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davenger View Post
    thank you both very much,one more important question is countering,never saw anything about that and i would very like to master it,so any guidance to it would be great.
    also regarding partizans,i didn't even know you can use those on this class but just so i can decide on it,what partizans will i need to go for endgame/currently for it to work(i am assuming there are some good all class ones if they are seriously used).
    thanks in advance
    If you're looking for an all-class Partizan, Trident Crusher would be the way to go. Only problem is that because of Ancient Oath (boost elemental weakness damage), it's situational. So to maximize damage/efficiency, you'd need a Fire Trident Crusher for Forest, Tundra, etc, and you'd need a Dark Trident Crusher for F. Cont and Sanctum. The list goes on. And they don't come cheap.

Go to Amduscia TA. Remember those annoying turrets? Just practice timing your countering there (keep your distance so you don't destroy them). Though, don't rely too much on this, because it might very well be the case that you're blocking based on timing rather than actual reaction. If you want something that'll challenge you a bit more, fight SH Dragon EX.

Twitch

I'd rather go for this build.
    Braver mag is pointless cause dex is unimportant, it only helps to equip stuff early, don't waste 5 points on it.

Katana Combat Escape MUST be maxed, it's unbelievably OP, 20 seconds of invincibility.
    Rapid Shoot up 1 and 2 give +100 R-Atk each, I'd choose that over a 15% damage bonus.

You counter by holding down guard anytime between an enemy's attack starting and it hitting you, the counter hit is automatic.
    Many enemies and bosses do feints though, so unless you know what is the actual start of an attack and what isn't, you will be simply guarding a lot.

200 R-Atk is less than 15% damage, though, even if we're assuming less total ATK from your mag and unit affixes. No, even if you had 0 extra R-Atk anywhere except from the bow itself at +10 with no affixes whatsoever, 15% is still more than 200.

But why Step Attack on both trees with no Just Reversal anywhere? You talk about wasting points, but you've got Fury Crit maxed, 5SP in RS, and your Average Stance is missing a point.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    I'd rather go for this build.
    Braver mag is pointless cause dex is unimportant, it only helps to equip stuff early, don't waste 5 points on it.
    The 90 S-ATK and R-ATK gained from Braver Mag isn't something to look over lightly (considering you also get 180 DEX, which is overkill, but.. eh).

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Katana Combat Escape MUST be maxed, it's unbelievably OP, 20 seconds of invincibility.
    Rapid Shoot up 1 and 2 give +100 R-Atk each, I'd choose that over a 15% damage bonus.
    That's true. However, adding 4 more points for 10 more seconds when you can already get 10 seconds from 1 point doesn't seem like it's worth it for a hybrid Braver, when those 4 points can be invested elsewhere (Bullet Bow skills, probably). Hybrids must focus on being competent in all areas, not being overly powered in one area and neglecting the others.

And 20 seconds, from my experience, is not worth it, because there's a lot of scenarios where I don't use up the duration of Katana Combat.

Twitch

95% of the time I would want longer Katana Combat.
    The only times I don't use full KC is in full EQs with 11 people doing absurd damage where stuff dies before I can even get a hit in.
    Also, the mag can be hybrid, you just don't put any points in dex and thus don't need Mag Braver to get the exact same amount of S-Atk and R-Atk.

No idea where the HU tree came from, probably used someone else's link and didn't check anything besides braver.

For beginners I'd really recommend Maxing Iron Will anyway because it's godsend and after playing a while it won't hurt to spend the handful bucks for a 2nd Hu tree, so a dps and a tank hu tree is a good idea, I certainly am gonna do that.

Well, I guess late on 15% more damage is better than 200 R-Atk it is, just not early.
    Though since you don't wanna change for something like this, I suppose the 15% are better.