Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

ok just to be clear:

- 10-12min was just an example time
    - I never said people with good equipment are bad however good equipment doesnt make you good ether. You are right if 2 people have the same skill but different equipment tiers the one with the better/higher one is in advantage, I never said someting against it however most post here implyed that you always need the best equipment to be considered "good" what is just wrong thinking.

now to your arguments:
    "I slow others down with bad gear" You are right they need a littlebit more time however if its a party with strangers they just can swap you out when they want to be supper eficinet (like you play this game mostelikely).

"players shoud always play to improve" Basicly yes, but if you just want play to relax/have some fun you shoudnt play with that mindset 24/7 (at least not in pve games).

As for the slow down/mess up eq looser ect if u want to grind it I recomend to go on a low populated channel and play with 12 friends if u want to be superefective.

Friyn you are so right (no offence towards LonelyGaruga)

+ then please explain your point i miss

Quote Originally Posted by Flolelan View Post
    - 10-12min was just an example time
    Fair enough then.

- I never said people with good equipment are bad however good equipment doesnt make you good ether. You are right if 2 people have the same skill but different equipment tiers the one with the better/higher one is in advantage, I never said someting against it however most post here implyed that you always need the best equipment to be considered "good" what is just wrong thinking.
    I figured there was an unsaid assumption that we were talking about people that already acquired a skill level that could be considered good, so there was no reason to make that distinction.

"I slow others down with bad gear" You are right they need a littlebit more time however if its a party with strangers they just can swap you out when they want to be supper eficinet (like you play this game mostelikely).
    Completely the opposite. I never play with randoms. I play exclusively by myself, expecting a couple EQs, unless a person I consider a friend is online, in which case I play with them if possible. It is precisely because of the people I do play with that I believe efficiency is important. If you're friends with someone, it would be inconsiderate to hinder them by slowing them down.

"players shoud always play to improve" Basicly yes, but if you just want play to relax/have some fun you shoudnt play with that mindset 24/7 (at least not in pve games).
    I don't see how the two can't be done at the same time.

As for the slow down/mess up eq looser ect if u want to grind it I recomend to go on a low populated channel and play with 12 friends if u want to be superefective.
    What. That...doesn't really do anything.

Friyn you are so right (no offence towards LonelyGaruga)
    I still didn't say anything tryhard, unless people have different definitions of the word. That is to say, wrong definitions.

+ then please explain your point i miss
    I did. It was basically the whole rest of the post.

Ok first if you play with 11 others which have the same equipment tier as you do + which you know you have good synergy with does actualy do a lot since you are sure you party only uses 11* tier gear so you wont be in a randrom raid party with players like me which mostly use 10*tier gear. So its sure your party perform at highest possible efficencie (theoretical)

Second you are right improving while playing is fun however you should not play with the thought that you need to improve all the time every time you play

Third i agree with him in the point that you should play competetive games not that you are tryharding all the time (even doe your mindset is pretty simular to tryhard gamers)

and lastly we all shoudn't forget that there are all kind of gamers such as
    - casuals (plays rarely and only to have fun)
    - regulars (play more often than casuals)
    - regulars which set them self a goal and want to achieve it
    - regulars which want to achive a goal which was even higher than they originally set them
    - tryhards (play only to be better even when they are pretty close to the top)

Ok first if you play with 11 others which have the same equipment tier as you do + which you know you have good synergy with does actualy do a lot since you are sure you party only uses 11* tier gear so you wont be in a randrom raid party with players like me which mostly use 10*tier gear. So its sure your party perform at highest possible efficencie (theoretical)
    Yeah, that's pretty heavy on the theoretical. First I would need 11 people on the same tier as me. That's impossible, and I don't know 11 people roughly about my skill level, and even if I did, I'm not a standard to be measured with, because I'm trying to be better than I currently am, and everyone else should be trying to be better than themselves too. So there will always be a higher level of efficiency that can be achieved.

Then we have the problem with 11* being assumed to be always better than 10*. That simply isn't always the case. It doesn't matter what rarity the weapon is, if it performs extremely effectively/the best of any other option in a given situation, it's relevant. While more 11*s than 10*s fit that category, it's still an important distinction to make. This isn't considering units, affixes, and skill trees, either, the last one being significantly more important than any difference between a 10* and 11* weapon, if one person's was atrocious and another one's was superb.

Moving on from that assumption, all of these people have to be online at the same time, willing to group together for whatever run is happening, and not disconnect in that time frame. OK great. How often is that going to happen?

Never. Not that it would be important if it did happen, though. The whole thing is irrelevant to an efficient run.

Second you are right improving while playing is fun however you should not play with the thought that you need to improve all the time every time you play
    I don't see how improvement doesn't naturally come with playing the game, as long as you don't autopilot.

Third i agree with him in the point that you should play competetive games not that you are tryharding all the time
    That still doesn't make any sense, since it assumes that PSO2 has no compatibility at all to play competitively. Which isn't true. Not to mention, I'm playing PSO2 because I'm playing with friends, not because I'm looking for a competitive game, so telling me to play something else doesn't make sense. Friends of mine are playing PSO2, so I'm playing PSO2. And enjoying it thoroughly. Or was (DDoS).

and lastly we all shoudn't forget that there are all kind of gamers such as
    - casuals (plays rarely and only to have fun)
    - regulars (play more often than casuals)
    - regulars which set them self a goal and want to achieve it
    - regulars which want to achive a goal which was even higher than they originally set them
    - tryhards (play only to be better even when they are pretty close to the top)
    1) I don't see your point. The problem lies when tiers mingle, and the lower tiers don't give a damn about how awful they make the higher tier people's runs.
    2) That isn't what a tryhard is.

Okay, this has taken a turn for the purposefully argumentative.
    In the end what does it matter? If someone's playing at a more relaxed pace and it's interfering with your enjoyment, don't play with them again. I've had more than my fair share of level 10's or lower jumping into Dark Falz Elder only to get slaughtered outright less than a minute in so I know how frustrating it can be at times. but, by the same token though a little patience and an explanation can turn deadweight into at least a semi-productive player. Not everyone understands the rules and etiquette involved in raids and such.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

Quote Originally Posted by IndignationSWF View Post
    Not everyone understands the rules and etiquette involved in raids and such.
    No one does. Not at first anyway. We all have to learn- Funny how those once in the position tend to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by IndignationSWF View Post
    I've had more than my fair share of level 10's or lower jumping into Dark Falz Elder only to get slaughtered outright less than a minute in so I know how frustrating it can be at times. but, by the same token though a little patience and an explanation can turn deadweight into at least a semi-productive player. Not everyone understands the rules and etiquette involved in raids and such.
    Of course. But the issue comes from what to do with people who don't care. If they want to improve, then that's good, it isn't a problem, they're going to improve, and it's good that they got an explanation. But if they don't care about improving, they aren't going to listen to you and will continue to obliviously burden others around them.

Lonelygaruga you need to find a hobby or something to do in your free time, arguing with everyone on a forum just for the sake of arguing and starting arguments over any little thing you can isn't a good way to spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Of course. But the issue comes from what to do with people who don't care. If they want to improve, then that's good, it isn't a problem, they're going to improve, and it's good that they got an explanation. But if they don't care about improving, they aren't going to listen to you and will continue to obliviously burden others around them.
    But that's not limited to PSO2, or hell Gaming as a whole. That's a problem with our culture in general, especially this latest generation that was raised by technology with the feeling of entitlement. Surely you've run into the type out in the real world too.

Then comes the question; How do we deal with them? The only real answer is also the simplest, Don't. If someone jumps into your run and is obviously not trying and doesn't wish to learn, kick them. Or more universally just password everything. You can't bother yourself with every person willing to fuck over everyone else, because you'll end up with grey hair before you're 30.

I myself choose not to dwell on them because in the end, they're just one Koi in the pond. And a vast majority of those I play with are fun, professional, and respectful.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

ok first you misunderstood something from my post:

1st I used the word tier to seperate gear/items and not skill of players.
    2nd I never said you should quit nor did i say you play pso2 cause of competetive (even doe there is no real "competetive" in my opinion (depending what you understand as competetive)). I meant to say that you would do good with that mentality in heavy competetive games (such as mobas or fast pased strategy games). Its an complimet so to say. But lets drop that point since it will lead us nowhere.
    3rd synergie is not skill. It means how good you play as a group.
    4th Never ment to say 11* is ALWAYS better
    5th refering to your first post to me: I never said im to lazy to grind 11* to improve performance. I said I can use lower tier gear and still be efective since the first argument was about: "You need high-end gear to be good" (not your posts)

I agree that it is hard to find 11 player to do my suggestion however it is not that absurd depending on howmuch firends/gamingpals you have which also play this game.

And lastly in general you a right with playtime comes skill. However I know enough people which nomater how long they play a game, their skill doesnt increase in an significant way.