Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    As been said before, the email authentication appears to work with your computer's mac address or something. I've moved and changed ISPs but used the same computer the past 2 years, never needed an authentication. Stuff like Guild Wars 2 forces me to authenticate every time my IP changes.
    i don't recall saying anything about authentication because the JP mmos ive played that do have more security well never sent authentication emails they just banned me for to many different IP log ins
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post

I see 0 reasons for why you'd be banned since the banning for VPN was taken out of context. I've logged in from 26 ips now.

nice blog, dude.
    10/10 would like, share, and subscribe

my VPN has been using the same IP every time, and even when i switched to it i didn't get any mail confirm, however when i used a different WiFi antenna/adapter, even tho the address was still the same i did need to confirm e-mail once, proving they go by MAC address, for whatever reason (a really smart thief would just spoof his/hers to match the account he's stealing)+^_^+

I could say it's either lazy of sega, or conveniently setup by sega knowing some people have internet that switches IP everytime they reboot, or reconnect. (or some shit)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyfei View Post
    I could say it's either lazy of sega, or conveniently setup by sega knowing some people have internet that switches IP everytime they reboot, or reconnect. (or some shit)
    There are people logging in from Netcafe that woun't have set IP.
    And also business people that travel and use Hotel internet with different IP.
    Basicly, it's one of the flag they use, but if it's not tied to account with large AC or mass trading/selling going on, they won't take a closer look at it.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki_Kamiko View Post
    thanks for the info and this here confirms PSO2 has almost no security unlike other mmos ive played
    There's hardly any relation between Authentication email each time your IP/computer changes and hacking proof authentication system.
    If a crackers gets your PSO2 IDs, he/she'll have access to your mail too. And most of the methods used to gather people's passwords allow to sniff ALL of them, not just your PSO2 creds.

Actually, it has been demonstrated many times that an IP address should NEVER be used as an authentication factor, unless there's a special setup involved.
    Machine based, even though still weak, is already more relevant because changing IP regularly is normal, when changing computer regurlarly could be more suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki_Kamiko View Post
    i don't recall saying anything about authentication because the JP mmos ive played that do have more security well never sent authentication emails they just banned me for to many different IP log ins
    And THAT my friend is called lazyness.
    Last edited by Distant Thunder; Jul 18, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to be a list of pointless threads you made on here as a list of 20+ reasons to be banned from pso-world...
    I thought so too. This thread is a disappointment (not sure I spelled it right).