Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Default If I was in charge, this is what I would make the final Mining Base Defense EQ like

Yes, there'll probably be more MBD EQs, the main reason being, if MBD3 were the final Mining Base Defense, it would be very anti-climactic for what happens after: Dark Falz Apprentice.

Anyways, on to general details:

◘Only one tower, located in the direct center of the map. Has a huge amount of HP as compared to towers in any other MBD.
    ◘Has 10 waves.
    ◘Has a limit of three large bosses across the map simultaneously, instead of two like in MBD3.
    ◘Instead of the current wave's enemies despawning when the wave timer reaches zero, they remain and the next wave instantly begins. However, defeating all enemies in the current wave will not end the current wave immediately, and the wave timer will still tick to 0 before starting the next wave. Wave 9 has no timer, and wave 10 requires every single enemy that should spawn over all the previous waves be defeated to begin.
    ◘If a large boss cannot spawn due to three large bosses already being on the map, it is added to the queue and immediately spawns when one existing large boss is defeated. Falz Arms count as midbosses instead of large bosses, and do not count towards the limit.

New Darker offensive capabilities:

◘Paras Drahda: A new insect darker which targets and infects machinery. It can infect any defensive machinery in place and turn it against the ARKS. It has an appearance of an ant. If it has no machinery to target, it will turn itself into an infection core on the tower. After infecting any machinery, it disappears.
    ◘Infected A.I.S.: Attacking a Paras Drahda with melee, or being attacked by a Paras Drahda while using an A.I.S. creates this. It doesn't appear otherwise. Regardless of original duration, the corrupted A.I.S. lasts for 30 seconds after corruption, during which you can neither control nor exit it. It targets other players until its duration is up, at which time it will dash to the tower and self-destruct, dealing heavy damage and killing you in the process. It can be defeated by other players, but it will still explode where it was defeated and kill its user.
    ◘Visbolt Conductor: This may appear from an infected socket instead of a Darker Particle Cannon. Has an extremely high amount of HP and causes a permanent Visbolt until it is destroyed.
    ◘Ignix Trigger: This may appear from an infected socket instead of a Darker Particle Cannon. Has an extremely high amount of HP and causes a permanent Ignix until it is destroyed.
    ◘Darchyme: At the beginning of some waves, most or all infected sockets may spawn a Darchyme which will detonate if not destroyed within 45~90 seconds.
    ◘Gel Wulff: At the beginning of some waves, Gel Wulffs may begin appearing and target players and the tower. They will not disappear until the end of the wave, or until one is destroyed with a Photon Cannon(Not Photon Particle Cannon, the cannon seen in Coast and Seabed areas and during Destroy the Gel Wulff!).
    ◘Baize: At the beginning of some waves, one to three Baizes may appear. A detonating Baize will deal extreme damage to the tower.
    ◘Funji: At the beginning of some waves, one to four Funjis may appear and target one player each, trapping them in separate corners of the field.

New ARKS defense systems:

◘Photon Walls: Summons walls identical to Darker Walls seen in MBD3, which enemies cannot pass through, but allies can.
    ◘Burst Fields: Summons a burst field from a defense socket. Basically identical to Burst Barriers, but can be summoned from sockets.
    ◘Technique Amplification Tower: Summons a tower from a defense socket, which causes Shifta, Deband, Resta, and Anti to affect all players on the field, regardless of location, when cast directly next to the tower. Casting Zondeel, Megiverse, or Zanverse directly next to the tower causes the tower to cast the corresponding technique with an infinite duration and with an area of effect increased to 1000% size.
    ◘Gunships: Autonomous gunships may be summoned using the base terminal to assist you. Only one may be active at once, and expires at the end of the wave. Infected gunships will attempt to destroy these.
    ◘A.I.S. EX: A special version of A.I.S. with an infinite duration, but only 100 max HP which cannot be healed. Using its Photon Beam deals 99 damage to the A.I.S. EX after completion. Otherwise identical to normal A.I.S., and replaces the final summon of them.

The boss lineup per wave:
    RandomMidA is Gwanahda, Decol Malluda, OR Wolgahda.
    RandomMidB is Gwanahda, Decol Malluda, Wolgahda, OR Falz Arm.
    RandomBigA is Dark Ragne, Zeshrayda, OR Blu Ringahda.
    RandomBigB is Dark Ragne, Zeshrayda, Blu Ringahda, OR Dark Vibrace.

Spoiler!

Notes on specific bosses:
    •ARKS Clones: Waves with ARKS Clones spawns one clone for each person in the MPA for each time they're said to spawn.
    •Apos Dorios: Each Apos will spawn its four towers around the main tower at half health. Failing to destroy all of them is an instant kill to the tower.
    •[Persona]: [Persona] spawns in his Sword version. When he dies, he instantly respawns in the same spot as his Double Sabre version.
    •Dark Falz Elder: All of the mining bases are located on a desert plateau, with steep cliffs off each side. Dark Falz Elder hangs off the edge and uses his lasers, stretchy arms, and meteors to attack things. In Super Hard, this specially titled Dark Falz Elder, along with Dark Falz Luther, is the first place in the game to drop 13* weapons.
    •Dark Falz Luther: Luther can be taken to be at least slightly corporeal, as in his boss battle, he hangs halfway through the floor. A black mist outline surrounds where his body dips into the ground to make it look better. His behavior is modified in two ways - his time stop attacks' swords will target the tower. If any of them hit the tower, it's an instant destruct. The second time stop will take the same amount of time as the first one to execute, unlike normal, because the normal second time stop wouldn't be long enough to kill all four swords. Both time stops take a longer time to execute than normal to allow people time to destroy the swords. His time slow makes all other enemies slow down to 1/2 of their original speed in everything they do, but all damage they do is magnified by 500%. His time speed simply makes all other enemies move twice as fast in everything they do. Along with Dark Falz Elder, this specially-titled Dark Falz Luther is the first place in the game to drop 13* weapons.

Yes I know this would be hell, but it would be fun as hell too. No I don't want random MPAs to even come close to being able to succeeding this, coordination and cooperation is more fun.
    Last edited by Maenara; Jul 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Don't want random MPAs being able to do it due to lack of coordination and communication?

Yeah, that would be super popular.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Don't want random MPAs being able to do it due to lack of coordination and communication?

Yeah, that would be super popular.
    You're a really fast reader.

reported.

Would people's PCs even be able to handle all that. Even if you took out the timer, who is gonna sit through all that shit?

I didn't read it, because I don't care to. I just read the last few sentences there and rolled my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mctastee View Post
    Would people's PCs even be able to handle all that. Even then you wouldn't be able to do it because of the wave timer. If you took out the timer, who is gonna sit through all that shit?
    People who want a good challenge, obviously. That, or people who want 13*s or more chances at normal Elder/Loser rares.

I didn't read it, because I don't care to. I just read the last few sentences there and rolled my eyes.
    So in other words, you picked out the one thing you didn't like and are using that as fuel to disregard. Anyways, say what you like, what this game needs is more challenging content, not less.
    Last edited by Maenara; Jul 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM.

reported.

Well, skimming over it now, the whole thing seems bollocks. But, it's probably better than what SEGA would do, since the last two TD missions were shit, anyway.

Well, skimming over it now, the whole thing seems bollocks. But, it's probably better than what SEGA would do, since the last two TD missions were shit, anyway.
    Knowing Sega, they're just going to leave it at MBD3 forever, even though it's anti-climactic.

reported.

I'm all for challenging content but thats TOO challenging.

TD3 has nailed it so far for challenging content, sitting at roughly 50/50 fails/successes with 25% of those getting 2nd runs. Bound to improve with time.

Lost Wandering Soul of Ship 10

HU : 69 | FI : 65 | RA : 68 | GU : 61 | FO : 65 | TE : 61 | BR : 62 |

Quote Originally Posted by LordShade View Post
    I'm all for challenging content but thats TOO challenging.

TD3 has nailed it so far for challenging content, sitting at roughly 50/50 fails/successes with 25% of those getting 2nd runs. Bound to improve with time.
    Once people figure out how to properly distribute AIS summons, prepare for MBD3 to get pretty easy.

reported.