Default 'Bout the Tweaker's latest update

This is for the people like me that still use Windows XP.

So, as you may've noticed, the tweaker's latest update(released today) adds support for a future, experimental feature.

Except, whatever the update contains makes it run on .net framework 4.5 it seems, and not 4.0, and you will get "InitOnceExecuteOnce was not found in Kernel32.dll" errors. Specifically, two of them, after you press the Launch button, one before the GameGuard logo and one after the Gameguard logo but before the game window starts displaying the logos.

Up until today, you may have played without any issues or errors, just like me. Here's the thing, though. Fixing Exes, Re-checking all the files, Fixing Gameguard errors, none of 'em will solve your problem.

The Tweaker will launch PSO2 just fine - I have the logs to prove that it launches well, and they display no anomalies. However, the errors prevent the Item Patch from functioning correctly, and thus all item text will remain in JP. All the other patches function just fine, it's only the item patch that doesn't due to the InitOnceExecuteOnce error. The game will run, but your item text will be in Japanese.

So, yeah. If you could remove the InitOnceExecuteOnce function in future updates, it'd be appreciated by players who still use Windows XP, like yours truly.

There's a temporary workaround for those that can't play with Japanese text on items: Keep two versions of the Tweaker around - one older version with which to launch PSO2 and keep the item patch functioning, and one that's up to date with which you download updates and such(the one that gives XP users errors).
    Last edited by Ellariel; Jul 22, 2014 at 02:21 PM.

The tweaker update didn't change to Framework 4.5 - It modified something else. I'll take a look and see if I can fix it. Do you have Skype?