Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keyboard for PSO

Would anyone know if a JP Gamecube keyboard would work for PSO on a EU/US Gamecube

If you mean the JP keyboard controller then I believe it does, yes. Actually, the JP keyboard controller is the only one I'm aware of, unless you mean an actual keyboard without the controller part. I couldn't say about that.

I have used this on my European game and gamecube all the time. (The keyboard, not the box ;])

That looks pretty much identical to my ASCII keyboard controller (will edit in a pic of the box of that in a few hours)

Yeah, I was doing research on it a while ago and as far as I could tell, only one kind was ever really made - the JP version. There were two types of packaging (and maybe different print on the keys), but it was still the same actual model.

I'm told that it's actually very comfortable after you get used to it.

There are also third party keyboards you plug directly into a controller port however, such as this: http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/G..._EF000313.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbladelad View Post
    That looks pretty much identical to my ASCII keyboard controller (will edit in a pic of the box of that in a few hours)
    Are ASCII good or would you say go for Sammy?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hollows View Post
    Are ASCII good or would you say go for Sammy?
    At a glance, they appear to be the same thing with different packaging. Not sure if they use different internals, but they should both work just the same as far as I can tell.

From the looks of the design they're identical - just with different branding - maybe a company take-over was responsible or something. I've never checked up on it.

Here's the picture I promised earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbladelad View Post
    From the looks of the design they're identical - just with different branding - maybe a company take-over was responsible or something. I've never checked up on it.

Here's the picture I promised earlier

Thats a cool picture

Note that if you want a sense of the scale, then all the normal joypad buttons are the same size as a normal Gamecube pad - this does mean that the keyboard keys are a little on the small side. The 2 buttons to the right of the space bar appear to be changing between the Japanese character systems - but only actually work if your language is set to Japanese.

The Keyboard itself is a standard QERTY keyboard, although some of the symbols are in locations you may not be used to - for example the round brackets "(" & ")" would be on shift+9 and shift+0, but on this one they're located on shift+8 and shift+9

EDIT : The Wikipedia page on Gamecube accessories lists the keyboard under the ASCII name as being an officially licenced product - I guess the Sammy keyboard's simply a re-branding of the same one.
    Last edited by Gunbladelad; Jul 24, 2014 at 04:22 AM.