Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ArataWata View Post
    Will this work with the UMD version of the game?
    If you read the thread he made by clicking the link in the first post, he says that's what he's aiming for as PPSSPP is bugged as hell playing PSP2/i. However it may still work for ISOs.
    It may be time to dust off my old PSP. Haven't touched it since picking up the MGS HD Collection as I no longer needed it for MGS PW
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

From my limited understanding (Jam likes to talk in code a lot so I just focus on translating most often :P), its either going to be a patch for the UMD or a patched ISO. Right now, the main concern is just, ya no, getting things translated. What Jam plans on doing I can't say for sure quite yet, as he is busy doing that coding thing he does best. Give it all some time, and I'm sure we'll have more answers for you.

Spoke with him briefly:

"It'll have to be a patch for an ISO (.ppf/ .xdelta), releasing something which worked on a UMD would be really cool but the install data doesn't cover every file and the other choice is to write a plugin (like Coldbird tried) but that's totally different and really not as stable. (And you have to be a genius)"
    Last edited by Malice913150; Aug 6, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

If only PPSSPP didn't have that graphics glitch with PSPo2/i

Might be fixed by someone in the future, never know!

I mean it took someone 4ish years to grab up Infinity and be pretty solid about getting a patch out. As long as theres ambition and crazy people in this world, things will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice913150 View Post
    Might be fixed by someone in the future, never know!

I mean it took someone 4ish years to grab up Infinity and be pretty solid about getting a patch out. As long as theres ambition and crazy people in this world, things will get done.
    You're right. The guys in PPSSPP usually come out with fixes for issues like this. The thing is the glitch has been around for a while, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll figure out a way to get this to work on my PSP if PPSSPP doesn't get the fix outonce thus translation is done.

From what I could tell, there is actually a patch that somewhat fixes the glitch? Doesn't seem easy to get since devs don't like that it wasn't "officially" released or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice913150 View Post
    From what I could tell, there is actually a patch that somewhat fixes the glitch? Doesn't seem easy to get since devs don't like that it wasn't "officially" released or something like that.
    The only "fix" I was aware of was to use software rendering. It fixes the glitch, but it makes the game unplayable because its slow as molasses. I wouldn't call that a fix. There may have been something else I missed, idk.

Alright, well I come bearing a bit of hype for those who have been waiting! We're making a good amount of progress so far. Honestly, its a bit more than I was expecting in such a short amount of time! Keep in mind, though, we will only be releasing this when it is 100% complete! We wont have a set date for completion quite yet. No early samples or anything like that. Fret not though, we are all still working as hard as we can to make everything look presentable and organized (and believe me, typesetting some of these things can be a bit of a nightmare... Not to mention the management of files Jam has to do... ).

But anyways, here, have a view of some progress thus far (some text looks a little silly. Don't worry, its being fixed :P ):
    Spoiler!

Yeah, we're making some decent progress, but a lot has still to be done to make it look presentable.
    To me, the big issue is that the font is relatively huge but the text boxes are the same size as the Japanese, so you have very limited space to get the same information across. Because what you can say in 3-4 kanji, can often take 15+ alphabetical characters.

But we'll work something out eventually.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Yeah, we're making some decent progress, but a lot has still to be done to make it look presentable.
    To me, the big issue is that the font is relatively huge but the text boxes are the same size as the Japanese, so you have very limited space to get the same information across. Because what you can say in 3-4 kanji, can often take 15+ alphabetical characters.

But we'll work something out eventually.
    You might have to bite the bullet and make some (hopefully subtle) reductions in the dialogue.