Page 373 of 413 FirstFirst ... 273323363370371372373374375376383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4123

The BO tree is better, but the HU tree should just drop Iron Will/NGU entirely and get Automate. BO may have Megiverse, but Automate doesn't require you to stop whatever you're doing (like being in the middle of PBF->Distract Wing spam under Massive Hunter), and doesn't have you relying on luck. Automate with Megiverse as a backup heal makes you one of the bulkiest classes in the game
    Last edited by Xaelouse; May 23, 2017 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks yo.

I also asked some close-combat friends what they chose between automate and IW (The perils of being FO/TE and only FO/TE for the entire game so far ) - combined with your reasons, it makes good sense.

I prefer IW to Automate tbh. There is something annoying about automatic mate use and in eqs like deus you can end up without mates because you normally you'd get healed by resta a number of times or rather tank 1 more hit before using a mate but with automate you use mates anyway, e.g . you get reduced to 49% HP then a mate is used and when you are at 100% HP you get hit by Resta.

Also, you shouldn't carry any monomates or you can end up dying unless you manually use a mate. If you get reduced to low HP and a monomate is used you can end up with 35-40% HP so either you might die from the next hit or you need to use a dimate manually, making Automate pointless in this situation.

That aside, a class that can use resta itself has little use for mates in the first place, on Bo I only use Trimates and then only when really low on HP.

IW is always a good thing to have and not putting at least 1 point into IW makes no sense.
    Also, NGU isn't needed, you get 5 second invincibility from IW already.

Also, I'd rather max JB Escape because PA follow ups leave you wide open and you easily take a lot of damage when using them. Might just not use shifta air advance, having to stop to attack because you get hit too much results in much less damage than not having a situational 5% damage boost.

I agree with the no automate thing, even with Izane units. 1 point in NGU is still 200 S atk for 1 minute, don't see why you would skip that. Only reason I'm going with IW+NGU is the fact the only other thing I would put points into are S atk up 2, which is a measly 61 s atk.

Resta is horrid on Bo/Hu, you should be popping Megiverse instead. Especially as long as trimates take to use.

I disagree with Shifta Air Advance, especially if you party with Techers. It is kinda lame soloing, but it's still a nice 5% on a tree that has next to nothing. Both weapon escapes cap at .35s, which is pretty bad compared to Hunter. .2 is still pretty nice, especially being that step advance's cap is that.

This is what I'm leaning towards.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000fdB0000006

Boots interactivity with Megiverse unfortunately means its a momentum killer for any content outside of Deus and whatever Floating Continent stuff shows up. It's better for Boots main to take Automate.

Resta isn't terrible terrible, but takes too long to cast to be efficient. The way I use it, I chain from Strike Gust to get TASC on Resta for quick heals.

Also, in what instance would you run out of Mates on Deus? Unless you get hit by literally every attack.
    Last edited by Altiea; May 24, 2017 at 01:01 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

any reason people are still taking critical field

Wouldn't seem all that worth focusing into unless one was Fi/Bo (which is pretty irrelevant now a days)

Of course I'm going based on how that works
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Crit field because I'm nice to my fellow Fi mains. No other reason besides that.

Megiverse momentum killer? Don't fully charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Crit field because I'm nice to my fellow Fi mains. No other reason besides that.

Megiverse momentum killer? Don't fully charge it.
    You lose DPS whenever you stop to cast, regardless of whether it's a full charge or not. I'd personally rather beat the crap out of whatever it is I need to kill rather than taking a second to stop and throw Megiverse before continuing to beat the crap out of whatever it is I need to kill.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Oh ok, from your two statements I thought you were vouching for resta over megiverse., but you're saying short casts using the ring. I guess that's good upkeep, but wouldn't the time to cast each be the same? I do see automate being the big winner though.

How much pp is acceptable as a Bo/Hu?