Page 355 of 413 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4123

If you want to be JB BO what would be ideal sub?
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    If you want to be JB BO what would be ideal sub?
    Fighter if you want to squeeze a bit more damage out of your techs. I can't really think of a reason you wouldn't go with Hu or Fi. Sometimes I use Su, but that's just because I want to be able to switch between using pets and jetboots, and I can't actually think of many legitimate benefits to doing so.

Is it true that Fi for JBs is way stronger than Hu with JBS with the only drawback being that you're kinda frail and easy to incapacitate?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Is it true that Fi for JBs is way stronger than Hu with JBS with the only drawback being that you're kinda frail and easy to incapacitate?
    Well Hu doesn't improve tech damage at all. Personally I feel Fi is a stronger offensive sub in general, but I wouldn't say WAY stronger. People just can't seem to function without automate on a class with resta for some reason.

Even though resta is rather slow and costs a bit of pp on a weapon that needs as much pp as possible to keep up? Techs are a convenience but become an obstacle if you overly rely on them. This is the story with vinto as well

And even if you don't use automate then satk ups + non-conditional damage that's stronger is more than enough. JBs are just so much better when treated as a regular melee weapon

and I assume if you JB only you're damage would be......lacking? compared to DB? (dat unlimited blade work though?)

Edit: And if one wanted to do JB only...would it be preferred to scale t-atk or s-atk?
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Jan 7, 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Yeah DB is generally stronger due to its cooldown skill allowing you to completely ignore your PP bar along with having better rings that adds even more damage if the situation is right. DBs also have Niren Orochi + zanverse which kinda overshadows everything regardless of cooldown skills.
    In most normal content though you shouldn't do one weapon only at all. You should be changing between both depending on which cooldown skill is up at the time or which is more favorable against boss/mobs at a given time. Like any other melee class. So s-atk is more preferred.

If you really REALLY want to do a JBs only build that casts techs, then go t-atk. I just don't really recommend it at the moment, because FO does the casting tech -> big damage move thing better.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Jan 7, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

I did consider going Bo/Fi (even leveled Fi on ES on the off chance i did it) on my Bouncer char

But i think iron will spoiled me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Even though resta is rather slow and costs a bit of pp on a weapon that needs as much pp as possible to keep up? Techs are a convenience but become an obstacle if you overly rely on them. This is the story with vinto as well

And even if you don't use automate then satk ups + non-conditional damage that's stronger is more than enough. JBs are just so much better when treated as a regular melee weapon
    While I agree with HU sub being stronger with BO, mainly because big multipliers and lots of safety, FI sub is a very strong choice.
    About Resta, I find it only useful when you're not the only one in bad shape : uncharged efficient megiverse into anything is more than enough healing for yourself AND sets up Tech Arts PP save, which will probably cancel out what you just spent on your tech.

Chase Advance also makes the combo pretty good as far as mobbing is concerned, since both techs and moment gale let you easily get status effects popping on a large quantity of mobs

The big strength of BO/FI doesn't come from the stronger techs, although they do help, but from the synergy of Tech Arts skills and PP slayer, with Vinto rotations. Not to mention the fact that while Massive Hunter is a godsend and automate a huge help, Jet Boots have enough defensive options (step, shift action, Gran wave follow-up, follow-ups with JB escape skill), so much so that as long as you use Vinto carefully, you should not be eating too much dirt

All of this to say that while BO/HU is still the most solid combo both for JB and DBs, FI sub isn't lagging so far behind that it's irrelevant as far as JBs are concerned, then again just an opinion
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jan 7, 2017 at 07:09 PM.

i don't think HU sub will make your DB and JB deal more striking damage than FI sub
    because FI sub have more modifier skills, its just harder to play than HU sub
    also HU sub that mean your tech deal no damage, just to change JB 's element