Page 372 of 413 FirstFirst ... 272322362369370371372373374375382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4123

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post

The reintroduction of Revolucio and Aura was to provide a better bridge for new players into endgame, since they used +35 weapons for some of their progression requirements. Reintroducing Yamato 13* CFs would not add much to that purpose. BTW, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't implying that they reintroduced Revolucio and Aura for the sake of Burn V and Doom Breaker SAFs.
    My point is since they reintroduced 3 13* Series "After" the whole SAF system was introduced...and considering they're bringing back Yamato......why wouldn't they bring back the CF series that came with it the first time? The fact of what the SAFs are is irrelevant since I'm looking at the pattern.

And as far as Revo and Aura go....didn't they give them new potentials that made them relevant to the current meta? (Oppose to what they was before)

Whose to say they want do the same for the Seiga series? (This one is more wishful thinking)

But the fact that bringing it back wouldn't be out of sorts....
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; May 11, 2017 at 07:31 AM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Mom arms are breakable but you have to lose dps switching stances when she staggers, and again when switching back. Doesn't feel worth it imo
    Not too fair a comparison, but, switching between avg and weak stance for Br/Hu nets me a difference of at least 5k dps on Mother. Now, this is switching to weak stance every time she drops down, and back to avg when arms come up. When she does her cubes there's no need to switch back too avg. If this is somewhat similar with break and element, should be doable.

Yeah, switching to element when the last hand out is very low on HP shouldn't be too hard, and you get plenty of time before the next set of hands come out to switch back to break.

its been a while since use DB, I notice that when I want to use PB homing I turn on PB fever but I can no longer regenerate DB gear unless I hit something, when was this changes start to applied?

Quote Originally Posted by reinforcers View Post
    its been a while since use DB, I notice that when I want to use PB homing I turn on PB fever but I can no longer regenerate DB gear unless I hit something, when was this changes start to applied?
    afaik you always need to hit something for the gear to recharge
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Howdy all. Looking for a little BO advice - noting that I've never really seriously played a hybrid class before, OR a close combat class...

BO/HU Skill Tree

* I've only got a decent set of DBs up and running at the moment but the idea is to run boots too.
    * I didn't take Break Stance for the same reasons you guys have listed above.
    * Very little critical stuff to take on BO - leftover points got dumped in things that could be handy (S-ATK Up, Crit boost, etc). Thinking I could take some points off these and fill up Deband PP Restorate.
    * HU tree will always be subclass only. Similar sort of deal - extra points that could be spent elsewhere are in ATK up and Fury Critical.

Also very important - what PAs are in use for DBs?
    I'm currently using Distraction Wing to close, Justice Crow, crafted Kestrel Rampage (costs so much PP!) aaaand I'm pretty sure the last one is Dispersion Shrike - whatever one it is that has you do a flip and float forward, with lots of them photon blades around. It sure is... dispersed.

Thanks for any help!

Boosting crit chance is useless unless FI or GU main unless I missed something and there's plans for a skill that actually takes advantage of crits on BO.
    Deband PP restorate is actually kinda good. Unlike Elemental PP field, it affects photon blade PP recovery. It's also easy to apply in general and isn't tied to a cooldown.
    Of course, Element PP field is still good along with it in raid bosses.
    Break Stance actually has uses still despite what people claim here.
    Element Burst is worthless because Vinto exists and will be majority of your damage while playing boots. Vinto's use clashes with Element Burst.
    Oh yeah, and maxing Iron Will is worse than maxing automate, and massive hunter is kinda getting mandatory now.
    You would want 1 point in jet boots escape. You would also want 3 points in step advance.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; May 21, 2017 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Boosting crit chance is useless unless FI or GU main unless I missed something and there's plans for a skill that actually takes advantage of crits on BO.
    Deband PP restorate is actually kinda good. Unlike Elemental PP field, it affects photon blade PP recovery. It's also easy to apply in general and isn't tied to a cooldown.
    Of course, Element PP field is still good along with it in raid bosses.
    Break Stance actually has uses still despite what people claim here.
    Element Burst is worthless because Vinto exists and will be majority of your damage while playing boots. Vinto's use clashes with Element Burst.
    Oh yeah, and maxing Iron Will is worse than maxing automate, and massive hunter is kinda getting mandatory now.
    You would want 1 point in jet boots escape. You would also want 3 points in step advance.
    Pretty much what was said here, + Break Stance is honestly a must for several reasons

- some raid bosses are made almost only of breakables (PD, Magatsu), so not having it on those is a ginormous loss of damage

- People tend to only compare raw multipliers compared to break and element stance which I agree aren't big. However, a good bouncer should have a pair of niren orochi, which is still more powerful than any other *13 when on break stance. Just having these widens the gap between Element and Break stance, especially for the aforementioned bosses.

-Break SD Bonus might seem useless at first if you own a rainbow of dual blades. but if you don't, it will help you deal with bosses whose element doesn't match your DBs. Even if you do have a rainbow, I'd actually still take it for all these annoying things that don't have an elemental weakness (Amduscia UQ drones, TD towers and walls, Persona PD phase and so on)

While I agree with the fact you can play without Break Stance, you got to be aware of all the issues you'll encounter by not having it.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 21, 2017 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    Also very important - what PAs are in use for DBs?
    I'm currently using Distraction Wing to close, Justice Crow, crafted Kestrel Rampage (costs so much PP!) aaaand I'm pretty sure the last one is Dispersion Shrike - whatever one it is that has you do a flip and float forward, with lots of them photon blades around. It sure is... dispersed.

Thanks for any help!
    all DB PAs have their uses except posibly justice crow ( i honestly never see myself using this PA)

-Destruct wing; close gap and high dmg. one of the best PAs to deal dmg alongside photon blade fever agaisnt a moving target

-immortal Dove: high/medium range damage, one of the best PAs to deal dmg alonside PBF agaisnt an inmobile or stunned target

-disperse strike: aoe attack with a ridiculous high vertical range, great for group of enemies and aereal enemies

-starling fall: good to gain altitude, but mostly used for its invincibility frames one the starting animation to avoid spending gear on a photon blade dash. does nice damage in those rare battles where you can land all hits (like dark falz elder arms)

-Kestrel rampage type-0 : DB´s vinto guige outside PBF, 25 hits to deal massive damage. not to be used recklesly though because of the high pp cost
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Thanks all for the advice, it's much appreciated. I've revised my tree (here for those interested) and my subpalette, and I'll be looking at PAs tomorrow.

Interesting note on the Niren Orochi, I hadn't actually considered sub-13* weapons (my main DBs are Astra, currently working on getting Zeinesis DBs and Boots but it's slow going due to how much I have to work). 60% is a chunky boost, I'll be looking into getting me that for Break Stance.
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; May 22, 2017 at 05:42 AM.