Page 386 of 413 FirstFirst ... 286336376383384385386387388389396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4123

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    So... I recently got Bouncer to 80, built myself a rainbow set of dual blades (mostly Vals, because they were quick to obtain and S2: Luminating Shot is kinda nice), got pretty comfortable with DB Bouncer... and then this happens:

(note on affixes: my BO is a female newman - with these boots, a shifta drink, and shifta, I have over 3400 T-ATK, so even as Bo/Hu my techs hit hard enough to be somewhat useful, hence affixing for both S-ATK and T-ATK).

So I promptly respec'd into a dual weapon build, figuring I'd use the boots along with my rainbow set. Problem is, the boots are so damn strong that I've yet to find any situation where I'm better off - or even as well off - breaking out any of my merely 13* dual blades. These boots destroy everything.

So now I'm wondering... since I really like Dual Blades (was thinking of making it my main on Alessandra instead of FI, actually), do I trade in my Atra Daggers for an Atra DB so that I have DB's that can keep up with my boots? Or would that even be worth doing, or should I just go full boots? I think I'd miss my dual blades if I went full boots - not from a power perspective, but just because I like DB. Maybe I should make one of my alts a DB bouncer?

Not really sure what I should do here. These boots are just way too good not to use (and much to my surprise, I am finding boots are pretty darn fun, too).
    The strenght of atra dbs is the element switch ssa and with the s2 hp steal one having nice synergy with the multihit pas of dual blades. If you really believe you like them more then try it out. You can always switch back if you dont like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    The strenght of atra dbs is the element switch ssa and with the s2 hp steal one having nice synergy with the multihit pas of dual blades. If you really believe you like them more then try it out. You can always switch back if you dont like them.
    That's a good point. It's an expensive swap, but meseta is not hard to make. I'll give 'em a try.

EDIT: Done, and I'm liking it so far. Using boots for mobbing and DB's for bossing, mostly, seems to work very well.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; Feb 2, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I have over 3400 T-ATK, so even as Bo/Hu my techs hit hard enough to be somewhat useful
    The whole reason Hu is bad for that is multipliers not raw stats...

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The whole reason Hu is bad for that is multipliers not raw stats...
    1). I realize that. That's why I said "somewhat useful", not "great DPS". I'm well aware that as BO/HU my DPS contribution comes from my PA's, but if I have to cast an offensive tech to attune my boots anyway, it might as well hit as hard as it can. If nothing else, Safoie Type-0 makes a nice combo-starter when I need to shift my boots to Fire.

2). I affixed the weapon with the intent of using it for BO/FI also.

3). What else was I going to put on there? Ability IV was going on it anyway as it's the SAF, Omega Reverie was going on there anyway for the S-ATK and HP; the only things that changed were using Ares the Soul instead of Act the Soul, and Technique IV instead of... Stamina IV, maybe? I mean, if I could afford the likes of Elegant Power or Elegant Stamina than I'd say I'd given something up for that, but I can't. This was the affix I could do with the resources I had on hand.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; Feb 2, 2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Ship 2:

1). I realize that. That's why I said "somewhat useful", not "great DPS".
    Well they're always "somewhat useful" it's always gonna be relative. I wasn't criticizing your choice of affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well they're always "somewhat useful" it's always gonna be relative. I wasn't criticizing your choice of affixes.
    I guess I did get a little defensive there, huh? Sorry about that.

Essentially what I was trying to say originally is, "Even as BO/HU, I do enough damage with my techs that I get some use out of them, so I don't feel it's a waste to affix T-ATK alongside the S-ATK, and clearly I'll get more mileage out of that as BO/FI." The fact that the boots came with Omega Reverie already on them and had Ability IV as a SAF probably influenced my thinking, too.
    Ship 2:

So... I recently got Bouncer to 80, built myself a rainbow set of dual blades (mostly Vals, because they were quick to obtain and S2: Luminating Shot is kinda nice), got pretty comfortable with DB Bouncer... and then this happens:

(note on affixes: my BO is a female newman - with these boots, a shifta drink, and shifta, I have over 3400 T-ATK, so even as Bo/Hu my techs hit hard enough to be somewhat useful, hence affixing for both S-ATK and T-ATK).

So I promptly respec'd into a dual weapon build, figuring I'd use the boots along with my rainbow set. Problem is, the boots are so damn strong that I've yet to find any situation where I'm better off - or even as well off - breaking out any of my merely 13* dual blades. These boots destroy everything.

So now I'm wondering... since I really like Dual Blades (was thinking of making it my main on Alessandra instead of FI, actually), do I trade in my Atra Daggers for an Atra DB so that I have DB's that can keep up with my boots? Or would that even be worth doing, or should I just go full boots? I think I'd miss my dual blades if I went full boots - not from a power perspective, but just because I like DB. Maybe I should make one of my alts a DB bouncer?

Not really sure what I should do here. These boots are just way too good not to use (and much to my surprise, I am finding boots are pretty darn fun, too).
    Is this the JB where it does element burst every time you do a PA?

If so, switch to BoFi.

The boots synergize with BoFi so much better than anything else.

I recommend having two builds for this.

One that focuses on chase (for quests that include mobbing) and one without chase that focuses on other things (due to chase not working on bosses)

This weapon will be more relevant in mobbing content for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Is this the JB where it does element burst every time you do a PA?

If so, switch to BoFi.

The boots synergize with BoFi so much better than anything else.

I recommend having two builds for this.

One that focuses on chase (for quests that include mobbing) and one without chase that focuses on other things (due to chase not working on bosses)

This weapon will be more relevant in mobbing content for obvious reasons.
    Yep, that's the one. The burst actually occurs on the PA-following shift action, rather than on the PA itself, so if for example, I do Strike Gust, the burst happens when I do the drop attack afterward; if I don't do the shift action, I don't get the burst. However, it doesn't reset the element the way a neutral shift action elemental burst does, which is quite nice.

Even as BO/HU, it's pretty effective, though I'm sure it's much better as BO/FI. I think I need to get better at boots before I go to BO/FI, though - don't want to give up that extra toughness from the HU sub until I'm confident I know what I'm doing in any given scenario. Going to BO/FI is my eventual goal, though.
    Ship 2:

Yep, that's the one. The burst actually occurs on the PA-following shift action, rather than on the PA itself, so if for example, I do Strike Gust, the burst happens when I do the drop attack afterward; if I don't do the shift action, I don't get the burst. However, it doesn't reset the element the way a neutral shift action elemental burst does, which is quite nice.

Even as BO/HU, it's pretty effective, though I'm sure it's much better as BO/FI. I think I need to get better at boots before I go to BO/FI, though - don't want to give up that extra toughness from the HU sub until I'm confident I know what I'm doing in any given scenario. Going to BO/FI is my eventual goal, though.
    What skills do you have as Hu sub, because im pretty sure you can use HP Restorate Ring as a stand in for the time being.

You should train using Weapon action for dodging telegraphed Attacks. JB have crazy invincibility frames if used correctly.