Page 406 of 409 FirstFirst ... 306356396403404405406407408409 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4083
  1. #4051

    Default

    so how's the new DB Serpen Blazes doing for anyone who got it? is it good to have an increased melee range and increase 40% damage to normals?

  2. #4052
    Sega Stockholm Syndrome GHNeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Limit Break Katana Combat
    Posts
    2,599

    Default

    It's good for people who want to main only DB. Nothing amazing for people who use both weapons or focus on JBs.



  3. #4053

    Default

    Gilles Weihen shift PA spam is really good in UH against anything that can be burned/poisoned, which is most trash mobs and Gwanahda. I was getting 400k+ burn tics on Gwanahda. It's definitely worth bringing these things along to swap to if you have them.

  4. #4054
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endler View Post
    Gilles Weihen shift PA spam is really good in UH against anything that can be burned/poisoned, which is most trash mobs and Gwanahda. I was getting 400k+ burn tics on Gwanahda. It's definitely worth bringing these things along to swap to if you have them.
    Dots in general have some decent use in UH given the higher HP of mobs allowing them to actually do their job. I've found poison on Serpen Blazes to add a decent chunk of damage for mobbing.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

    Forum Rules - Read it!

  5. #4055

    Default

    So... for a DB-only Bouncer, which 15* DB is best? I have a Serpen Blazes, which I'm currently using and doing OK with, but I could easily convert one of my Atra Ex's, and I just got enough stones to make my Lightstream (only just now because I made two units first).

    The more I play DB, the more I like it, and while I realize I'll never be #1 DPS with it, I want to at least put up the best showing I can.

    For the most part, I have been running Bo/Ph rather than Bo/Hu; Automate is pretty worthless in UH, and Short Tech Charge from PH makes healing (and rebuffing when there is no Te) quicker and safer. Plus, when using the units I made for Phantom, I have 220 PP, so I get pretty good output from Photon Stream and Critical Stream.

    I don't have a parser, but I usually finish mid-pack on Code: Defeats in expert MPA's, so I think I'm doing relatively OK.

    EDIT: I say all that, and then I look at the multipliers and realize that Hunter wins 176% to 159.5%, and that's a lot bigger difference than I thought it was.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; May 27, 2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

    Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

  6. #4056

    Default

    So... is it just me or are the new dual blades from the Armada EQ junk? The potential breaks the DW -> PB cycle by consuming all your gear, making them useless during PBF.

    I can see how they might have a niche use outside of PBF, possibly with a DW -> Dove -> 3rd Normal combo against ground targets? Though I'm not sure that returns enough gear if you're not subbing Phantom, and I can't think of a sustainable combo against an aerial target due to the height change on most DB photon arts.

    I'm interested to hear if anyone has found a way to really make this potential useful.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

    Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

  7. #4057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    So... is it just me or are the new dual blades from the Armada EQ junk? The potential breaks the DW -> PB cycle by consuming all your gear, making them useless during PBF.

    I can see how they might have a niche use outside of PBF, possibly with a DW -> Dove -> 3rd Normal combo against ground targets? Though I'm not sure that returns enough gear if you're not subbing Phantom, and I can't think of a sustainable combo against an aerial target due to the height change on most DB photon arts.

    I'm interested to hear if anyone has found a way to really make this potential useful.
    From what I saw so far the Dual blades are very underwhelming, yeah.Full gear depletion really cripple them.

  8. #4058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post

    I can see how they might have a niche use outside of PBF, possibly with a DW -> Dove -> 3rd Normal combo against ground targets? Though I'm not sure that returns enough gear if you're not subbing Phantom, and I can't think of a sustainable combo against an aerial target due to the height change on most DB photon arts.
    Dunno why youd ever use Dove, but use Crow. Its superior in every way but dps.
    -keeps you stationary and sustains your height
    -builds full gear
    -easy to land
    -last hit has range
    -gets shifta air strike
    -the dps is 1026

  9. #4059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Dunno why youd ever use Dove, but use Crow. Its superior in every way but dps.
    -keeps you stationary and sustains your height
    -builds full gear
    -easy to land
    -last hit has range
    -gets shifta air strike
    -the dps is 1026
    Well, mostly I was thinking that Dove is 1714 DPS without gear, but I haven't actually tested to verify whether it makes enough gear to produce the Gear 3 DW every time, I was just guessing.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

    Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

  10. #4060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Well, mostly I was thinking that Dove is 1714 DPS without gear, but I haven't actually tested to verify whether it makes enough gear to produce the Gear 3 DW every time, I was just guessing.
    That's a perfect jump cancel Dove, like Gekka... Which you'll never get reliably unless it's directly after a ground used Dispersion Strike. Dove is otherwise 1143 on the ground and like 1333 after something like a full Kite.

    Edit: welp. Crow is getting buffed. Even more reason to use it.
    Last edited by Reilet; Jun 8, 2019 at 03:48 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Episode 3 - Bouncer Class Skill
    By sesshymon in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2014, 07:32 PM
  2. Replies: 72
    Last Post: Jul 9, 2014, 02:45 PM
  3. To prepare for Bouncer class
    By infiniteeverlasting in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2014, 10:54 PM
  4. Class Discussion and Fixes
    By xBladeM6x in forum PSU General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2009, 07:08 PM
  5. DarkLightnings class discussion forum
    By DarkLightning in forum PSO General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 7, 2006, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •