Page 269 of 413 FirstFirst ... 169219259266267268269270271272279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4123

1. Crafted Red DBs with potential level 1 consistently >>>>>> every other DB for FiBo
    2. Crafted Red DBs are also better than SangeYasha for BoHu. You'll get the weapon class boost as well as Bo main for Red DBs.

They're cheap and you're set for both FiBo and BoHu for a very long time.

So. Any of the buffed BO PAs worth using?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    1. Crafted Red DBs with potential level 1 consistently >>>>>> every other DB for FiBo
    2. Crafted Red DBs are also better than SangeYasha for BoHu. You'll get the weapon class boost as well as Bo main for Red DBs.

They're cheap and you're set for both FiBo and BoHu for a very long time.
    Speaking of which,

1) Does the Red weapon potential apply also to crafted Blue weapons, or just Red ones?
    2) In what way does the potential stack with the Craft Mastery passive? Additive? Multiplicative?

I'm wondering what I should be scrounging up with BO/BR for the longer term.

(No, you don't need to tell me that it's not worth doing. I know. HUnewearls were always about getting stepped on anyway.)

1. Only Red weapons have the potential.
    2. Well, the potential is just a straight up x1.16 to your overall damage. What Craft Mastery does is at 10/10, it will take say 10% of 1022 (The base attack stat for a +10 max extend DB) and add to your overall attack, not damage. So, Craft Mastery just turns your 1022 attack DB into a 1124 attack DB.

Pretty much only 13* will beat out Crafted Red DBs.

Why use Bo/Br? those classes offer nothing to compliment each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Why use Bo/Br? those classes offer nothing to compliment each other.
    Melee/tech hybrid, plus I rather enjoy Katana responsiveness. Yes, I know, it's not viable; there is no viable way to do that kind of character at all because the game is not designed to allow anything but variants of 3 classes to exist (HU, RA, FO). The golden rule of balance is that buffs are an invasive species. SEGA never got the memo, so we still have broken, unbalanceable damage stacks that go well over 400%, which makes the game less fun for everyone. BO itself is essentially a non-hybridizeable hybrid, which is hilarious.

So yeah, I'm not doing to do FO/BO pure techer or BR/HU pure melee, which leaves me at... well, doing whatever is entertaining and just making do with it. BO and BR actually both benefit striking and tech equally, something no other classes can claim, so I end up with a fairly balanced structure -- albeit 20% weaker than BR/HU or FO/BO. Plus I have a DEX mag because I started it at launch when we didn't really know what DEX was, so hell, why not.

//EDIT: I could also mix FI instead, but I prefer katanas. It's not a large difference unless I focus melee damage. 50% from front, 15% TAJAB, plus potentially 15% crit damage if I went FI/BO. Everything else is striking-specific. BR gives me katanas, 63% weak stance with charge or 48.5% without (but katana combat for higher melee damage there), and elemental stance + JB proc on the same element requirement as weak stance.
    Last edited by Gamemako; Oct 16, 2015 at 07:04 PM.

Its not even balanced. Its more than just 20%+ weaker in dmg, cost of elemental weapons set (katana/bow/DBs). Weak stance doesn't work for matching weapon element weakness(idk about JB with gear active) still you would need JB strike to get the best out of JB. S charge only works on one JB PA

In the end you do greater effort for less gains. Also its not really about downplaying the people using the combo or anything. But it shouldn't be used on ULT/XH/TD3-4 for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Melee/tech hybrid, plus I rather enjoy Katana responsiveness. Yes, I know, it's not viable; there is no viable way to do that kind of character at all because the game is not designed to allow anything but variants of 3 classes to exist (HU, RA, FO). The golden rule of balance is that buffs are an invasive species. SEGA never got the memo, so we still have broken, unbalanceable damage stacks that go well over 400%, which makes the game less fun for everyone. BO itself is essentially a non-hybridizeable hybrid, which is hilarious.

So yeah, I'm not doing to do FO/BO pure techer or BR/HU pure melee, which leaves me at... well, doing whatever is entertaining and just making do with it. BO and BR actually both benefit striking and tech equally, something no other classes can claim, so I end up with a fairly balanced structure -- albeit 20% weaker than BR/HU or FO/BO. Plus I have a DEX mag because I started it at launch when we didn't really know what DEX was, so hell, why not.
    Have you heard of Techer?

Its not even balanced. Its more than just 20%+ weaker in dmg, cost of elemental weapons set (katana/bow/DBs). Weak stance doesn't work for matching weapon element weakness(idk about JB with gear active) still you would need JB strike to get the best out of JB. S charge only works on one JB PA
    In terms of techs, they are identical -- any tech of weak element procs the effect. In terms of striking and ranged, Elemental stance gives a bonus if your weapon is the correct attribute, and Weak Stance gives a bonus if you hit a weak point (including Weak Bullet spots).

Oh, and it is about -20% both ways, from FO/BO (JB teching damage) and BR/HU (katana damage). Feel free to re-do the math if you'd like.

A BO/BR would probably be built like this. Changes from Oct 14 patch are accounted with 5 points in KC and 10 points in Weak Stance Critical (which would actually be Charge, since they are now separate). A FI/BO would probably be built about like this. Avoided going heavily into Limit Break and Chase Advance because they only apply to striking. The two setups have identical health and similar S-ATK and T-ATK. Just the conditionals and multipliers which matter.

In the end you do greater effort for less gains... Also its not really about downplaying the people using the combo or anything. But it shouldn't be used on ULT/XH/TD3-4 for obvious reasons.
    There are all of 3 efficient builds, and they're just the purest setups. If you do anything else, you're gimping yourself. Alas, of the 28 class/sub combinations (ignoring which you choose as main and which as sub), at least 20 are pure gimp setups with no value for "efficient" play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Have you heard of Techer?
    Have you played Techer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Have you played Techer?
    Yes. Have you? It's a hybrid melee caster that benefits from both S-ATK and T-ATK simultaneously. And unlike Bo/Br or Br/Bo, it's actually good and effective. Your post made it sound like you don't know about it.