Page 357 of 413 FirstFirst ... 257307347354355356357358359360367407 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4123
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I'm getting a JB TAJA Short Charge ring upgraded now that I freed up my left ring slot while playing summoner by slotting Tech Charge Parry onto a unit; I'll see if that helps out with weaving in a post-PA tech. Yeah Force is supposed to be The Best At Techs but eh I wanna spice up my boot play a little. maybe there are a few tech-boot PA interactions that are cool but hindered by needing to charge the tech, and that tech has a bit of a charge time to it; most of what I can think of would involve using grand wave as a primer PA and to gap close in and JA into charging the tech; like wave -> nagrants -> moment gale

I'd have to try some stuff out before I can say anything concrete. But the idea I would want to consider about Bo/Fi here isn't using boots as a tech stick to play a lesser force, but to use the properties of offensive techs to augment Jet Boot's other PAs.

Bo/Fi might get revived because of the Xie wep boots anyway.

Anyone know if the status boost rate potent effects element burst?
    Spoiler!

If one wanted to do have a char that was JB BO specifically (because reasons) what would be an preferred sub(s) to use?

Idk how good and or mediorce tech are on JB as i've heard mixed things about unless its just fun to do. (unless of course regular PAs are fine)
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    If one wanted to do have a char that was JB BO specifically (because reasons) what would be an preferred sub(s) to use?

Idk how good and or mediorce tech are on JB as i've heard mixed things about unless its just fun to do. (unless of course regular PAs are fine)
    If you want Techs, Fi, since its stances and most of its skills give a boost to Tech damage as well. Techs will definitely not be your main attack method, but as a Bo/Fi they can be decent enough to cause reasonable damage when using them to switch element (mostly if you are procing Shifta Air Attack).
    If you don't care much for the Techs and want survivability, tried and true Hu is a good choice, and in that case you would only use Techs to switch element.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 16, 2017 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If you want Techs, Fi, since its stances and most of its skills give a boost to Tech damage as well. Techs will definitely not be your main attack method, but as a Bo/Fi they can be decent enough to cause reasonable damage when using them to switch element (mostly if you are procing Shifta Air Attack).
    If you don't care much for the Techs and want survivability, tried and true Hu is a good choice, and in that case you would only use Techs to switch element.

Silly question but i assume if you go bo/fi that i would spec t-atk only?

Silly question but i assume if you go bo/fi that i would spec t-atk only?
    Not necessarily. Even without Techs, Bo/Fi has a higher damage potential than Bo/Hu, so if you are already speccing toward S-ATK, you can just get Switch Strike. Otherwise, yeah, T-ATK.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 16, 2017 at 02:41 AM.

for bo/fi t-atk is better
    and bo/fi make your tech stronger when bo/hu 's tech dmg are too low to use
    also bo/fi strike PA are stronger if you can trigger your brave/wise stance but it's harder than using fury stance
    only thing that bo/hu gives you that you can play DB+JB at the same time and both are strong with strike PA also provide more hp and def (but you need to change your main stat to s-atk)

Yeah Bo/Fi seems to play a lot harder but the rewards you get for it are wonderful.
    chase absolutely demolishes mobs and the the vinto + tech rotations for bosses adds up to more damage since you dont lose anything off your techs as you're using your T-atk anyway.
    Spoiler!

Now I heard chase was lol

Now I heard chase was lol
    Chase is lol for FI main, just because FI doesn't have that many points to spare, and FI's damage is overkill already, so stuff is always dead far before you could proc chase with a weapon with status effect affixes. However, some classes with FI sub can exploit chase advance to some stupid degrees, most notably TE/FI with wand gear element and BO/FI with moment gale, elemental bursts and techs. Even FO can exploit the high SE inflicting rates of some techs to reliably inflict SE on some mobs. It's not like it's a waste of points even if you don't actively want to make the most of it, since you should have a lot of extra points to spare once the main damage skills are taken.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jan 17, 2017 at 05:42 AM.