Page 399 of 413 FirstFirst ... 299349389396397398399400401402409 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4123

Lol, thanks.

But , what to do about the massive pp cost of Kestrel + Kite spam / ID spam ?
    Both use a ton of pp and using blades outside pbf is pointless.

Elemental PP field isn't really usable cause for that to be useful I'd need a rainbow and I don't have another 2500 crests lying around.
    Deband PP regen is nice but only scratches the surface.

I got queen Viera for fast pp recovery but even with that it's a big problem cause kestrel 0 and ID eat pp so damn fast.
    Any way to mix the spammage up a bit to keeps good dps and use less pp? Distraction Wing can change direction now but it still misses easily if you spam it on a non-huge target like mobs and rockbear sized things.

TBH compared to other classes like fi or br , not even hr, bo has such huge pp issues I can't use pas nearly as often but the past don't do more damage so the dps compared to other classes feels quite low.

You use blades outside of PBF because not only do they regen PP, but hitting the spot with blades stuck in them gives you even more PP back. EPPR is useful for raid bosses more or less, and yes DPPR only scratches the service but it's still good. Not using blades just because you're not in PBF is ?????? imo.

If it's a boss, EPPR is practical unless it's like dragon or some shit, but in the case of non-light weak raid bosses, having at least a 2ndary DB that you can swap to other non-light elements to match the situation is practical an duseful.

If it's for mobbing, either use JB (since they're basically stronger than DB for mobing) or have a mobbing specific DB that restores PP on enemy kill (or use KB Ring or use an SSA that boosts pp regen)

What I see happening a lot is that DB ends up being a PBF stick, and when PBF and Rapid is off, the Bo's will use JBs because they're much more PP efficient and have stronger burst for bossing. Also, the thundering blades from Jupiter also restores PP on hit, and they're still a top tier DB in regards to damage, so if you value DPP that much, you can just opt for that over Shien DB or Ares DB and not really suffer for it since they're not significantly weaker than the newer DBs.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    You use blades outside of PBF because not only do they regen PP, but hitting the spot with blades stuck in them gives you even more PP back.
    What? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Lol, thanks.

But , what to do about the massive pp cost of Kestrel + Kite spam / ID spam ?
    Both use a ton of pp and using blades outside pbf is pointless.

Elemental PP field isn't really usable cause for that to be useful I'd need a rainbow and I don't have another 2500 crests lying around.
    Deband PP regen is nice but only scratches the surface.

I got queen Viera for fast pp recovery but even with that it's a big problem cause kestrel 0 and ID eat pp so damn fast.
    Any way to mix the spammage up a bit to keeps good dps and use less pp? Distraction Wing can change direction now but it still misses easily if you spam it on a non-huge target like mobs and rockbear sized things.

TBH compared to other classes like fi or br , not even hr, bo has such huge pp issues I can't use pas nearly as often but the past don't do more damage so the dps compared to other classes feels quite low.
    Don't know where you got the idea that Bouncer has PP problems when it has some of the best PP efficiency out of every class really. If you're keeping your Deband active at all times and using your normals on embedded spots and Photon Blades even outside of PBF (because they work with zero gear now) there is rarely a chance you should ever run out even if you're using Kestrel a lot. Having Jupiter Tullus and/or Reaver Garola together for PBF and fighting outside of PBF make PP the least of your issues if you have them.

Honestly if you run out of pp with dual blades youre playing the class wrong. Lets also not forget deband pp up with blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

You wouldn't want to spam dove or kestral in the first place anyways. distraction + moving blade throw is just better than everything.

i started to play this class again these past 2 days, idk how the hell people enjoy Jetboots with only 4 pa's that just dont feel aggressive enough (lack of hits, damage, etc) let alone small PA combos. I just cant do it, even Dual Blades are clunky too. How do people even enjoy this class anymore? I want to get back into it but it just doesnt feel good to play

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    What? Really?

フォトンブレード自体にもギアゲージ回収能力とPP回復能力がある。

You gotta hit with normals, but yeah; you get extra PP back when attacking the spot with blades stuck in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i started to play this class again these past 2 days, idk how the hell people enjoy Jetboots with only 4 pa's that just dont feel aggressive enough (lack of hits, damage, etc) let alone small PA combos. I just cant do it, even Dual Blades are clunky too. How do people even enjoy this class anymore? I want to get back into it but it just doesnt feel good to play

Can't speak for normal Bo builds, but JBs are fun because they have a lot of actions to them; despite having only 4 PAs. The shift actions generally do a nice job of making me feel like I'm doing different things all the time, and then add in the fact I can have viable tech damage, this means I tend to have a reasonable amount of variety in my overall attack pattern based on the quest. As such, JBs prob feel the most interesting on Bo builds where there is actual non-negligible tech damage and are the closest to how Bo JBs are intended to play.

EDIT: JBs feel like they hit hard as shit, but obviously my case is non-standard. The amount of damage I pump out is really nuts for JBs and I don't feel like there is a lack of aggression on JBs now that you can cancel out of gran wave basically instantly, allowing for me to move into damaging PAs (Vinto/SG0) really quickly. I'm not sure where you're going with "lack of hits" as I don't personally feel that way but that may just be me. The changes to gran wave and normal attack branch actions I really do feel like they did a good number in giving JBs a more aggressive feeling.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Nov 3, 2018 at 04:35 AM.

I went back to playing Bo/Hu and doing a dual Weapon build, using Techs only as a means to change JB elements, and I like the class a lot since the changes. I did a few XQ for the Bo Effort Ring and Terran Phantom XQ for the SG title and found myself switching Weapons depending on what the Situation required of me, which i found very fun and isn't something that mono Weapons builds get to really take advantage of.

I never understood the PA argument. Yes on paper Bo has only 4 PA but the Weapon action basically turns it into 8 different ones (9 if we count the normal attack WA). And if they released a 5th one there wouldn't be place for it on the weapon pallette, meaning that all JB tools won't be in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    You wouldn't want to spam dove or kestral in the first place anyways. distraction + moving blade throw is just better than everything.
    Distraction still misses most time at point blank, so it doesn't have good dps in many situations. And really, without the point of getting more pp by attacking the spot where your non pbf blades are stuck, just hitting a target with non pbf blades gives only a tiny amount of pp.
    Dunno how you play but compared Queen Viera that kind of pp recovery is nothing.
    Other weapons like Katana or Sword can recovery pp so well on their own that it' not really necessary to switch to Queen Viera to recover pp but on dbs you gotta do that or you will have to use plenty normals and your dps drops.